Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The Select Line is considered their entry level match barrel. Still uses a 5.56 chamber vs the .223 Wylde. I would guess most people can't shoot the barrel to it's potential. In fact, I couldn't shoot sub-MOA with it at 100, so it's a much better barrel than I am a shooter.
    I've read your review before...

That's one thing about all this fancy stuff.. you can have a $1000 barrel but if you have a crap shooter, you might as well have a $200 barrel. Living up to the gear is a great point.

For me, if I take my time with non match ammo I can get 1" or under at 100 yards as it sits now. I think part of my problem there is my optic isn't powerful enough... not even a barrel issue...IF i was trying to do that. With what I have now with off the shelf decent 55 grain ammo and my optic as it sits I repeated 1" groups several times... enough to satisfy me that it's possible and repeatable. Going out farther than that, I don't know.

I don't have my set up set up for extreme accuracy. If I did want to do that I would have chosen an entirely different optic... but I think the barrel is very capable in my range of 1 to 200 yards....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The Select Line is considered their entry level match barrel. Still uses a 5.56 chamber vs the .223 Wylde. I would guess most people can't shoot the barrel to it's potential. In fact, I couldn't shoot sub-MOA with it at 100, so it's a much better barrel than I am a shooter.

Here's my review of it from about 4 years ago:

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...-5.56MM-Barrel
    I bought into the hype/marketing thing awhile ago, before I knew better and while the parts were hard to get. I jumped on a 20" UltraMatch .308 barrel for my build, and while I do not regret it per se, I certainly could have gone with a 'lesser' barrel. I put the build I did on a friends monster gun mount ( full lead sled I think it was?) and with it strapped in and weighed down, so even if I yanked on the trigger it would not move, the thing would shoot a box of match ammo thru pretty much the same freaking hole. Bipod'ed, mono-pod on the rear and taking my time, I can not get anywhere near that accurate. I can do MOA at 100yrds, and I'm getting better with it, but as others have said... it can far outshoot my abilities. Still love it, and do not regret the extra cost but had I done my research a little more and known a little more I certainly could have done with less.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun