Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah my fault I totally missed that. 50K is right on par with AimPoint! Looking forward to seeing if it actually works that long

Downloads
    Uploads
    damn i knew i shouldve got one of these on BF but it wasnt high on my "need" list! Ive got two of their other ones. Theyre not bad for the money. Big improvement in the emitter visibility and battery life. Maybe they'll have a christmas deal soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just bought one of these. At first, I had buyer's remorse almost immediately. I bought the RDS and the ADM QD mount in a package deal. I started asking myself, almost as soon as I hit the place order now button, why in the heck didn't I just pop for another H1, and have been done with it. It wasn't a good feeling.

I have to admit, after receiving it, that within an hour or so, I was truly impressed. The buttons on top for dot intensity take a bit to get used to, but it's a pretty easy transition. It's been really rainy or cold as hell here, so I haven't had a chance to get it to the range, but during one rare particularly bright and sunny days, the visibility of the dots in the bright sun were pretty much exactly equal. Even the number of "clicks" of the buttons on the Primary Arms or the "clicks" on the battery cover for the Aimpoint, pprox. 7 or 8, result in an almost identical dot as far as brightness and intensity, and just happen to be magic number for me.

The PA seem very solidly built, the spec's are about the same for an H1, and the dot looks good, even in super bright light. I'm still reserving final judgment until I can get a warm day and my club opens the range up, but I've lost a whole lot of that sick feeling in my stomach, that I really screwed up. I think I'm going to really like this RDS, unless it just goes haywire . I probably would not have bought it, had PA not moved the battery to the side. Good move on their part. I think if these things are tough enough to stand up to rigorous use, as the YouBoob videos show, PA's may sell a boatload of these. We'll see.

Also, I have to thank PA's for the incredibly fast shipping, especially during the holidays, don't know how they did it.

Thanks for the review, Naywan. Hoping to hear an update from you.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I just bought one of these. At first, I had buyer's remorse almost immediately. I bought the RDS and the ADM QD mount in a package deal. I started asking myself, almost as soon as I hit the place order now button, why in the heck didn't I just pop for another H1, and have been done with it. It wasn't a good feeling.

I have to admit, after receiving it, that within an hour or so, I was truly impressed. The buttons on top for dot intensity take a bit to get used to, but it's a pretty easy transition. It's been really rainy or cold as hell here, so I haven't had a chance to get it to the range, but during one rare particularly bright and sunny days, the visibility of the dots in the bright sun were pretty much exactly equal. Even the number of "clicks" of the buttons on the Primary Arms or the "clicks" on the battery cover for the Aimpoint, pprox. 7 or 8, result in an almost identical dot as far as brightness and intensity, and just happen to be magic number for me.

The PA seem very solidly built, the spec's are about the same for an H1, and the dot looks good, even in super bright light. I'm still reserving final judgment until I can get a warm day and my club opens the range up, but I've lost a whole lot of that sick feeling in my stomach, that I really screwed up. I think I'm going to really like this RDS, unless it just goes haywire . I probably would not have bought it, had PA not moved the battery to the side. Good move on their part. I think if these things are tough enough to stand up to rigorous use, as the YouBoob videos show, PA's may sell a boatload of these. We'll see.

Also, I have to thank PA's for the incredibly fast shipping, especially during the holidays, don't know how they did it.

FT
    Got my 2nd to newest generation when they first came out, and this sucker has taken some solid licks I was sure would a broke glass, nope still perfect. I also popped for the ADM mount combo and glad I did, holds zero and still haven't had to replace batteries on mine yet ( not a 50k rated). I'm really impressed with Primary Arms as a whole, and for around our little farm it's just about the perfect lil rifle optic, durable enough to take a fall from a 9' tree stand, but inexpensive enough I wouldn't be to bummed if I broke it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post

FT
    Ive been doing a lot of indoor range shooting with it. I love it so far and its still running, has been on since it arrived. Trying to wait for a formal update to the review till I can get outdoors. I did compare the dot to my aimpoint pro and it seems a little cleaner to me. I think your going to enjoy the optic.
    Last edited by Naytwan; 8 January 2015 at 15:10.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was comparing mine, side-by-side, to an Aimpoint H1. They looked pretty much alike to me. We'll see.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I should just save up for an Aimpoint PRO but the price point on this is hard to resist, and everyone's comments isn't helping

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    I know I should just save up for an Aimpoint PRO but the price point on this is hard to resist, and everyone's comments isn't helping
    Well, you're kind of comparing apples to oranges, though. We're comparing micro T1's and H1's to Primary arms micro, doesn't really compare to a PRO though since they're two different animals.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just comparing price. Not size or anything else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    I'm just comparing price. Not size or anything else.

Depends on it's intended usage. No offense, but I'd never run a PA on something I would have to bet my life with, work, HD etc…

That said, for the price they are outstanding, and I plan on buying another Micro soon & some version of their scope for our fun guns

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree it's just a training gun. I never said the PA was on par with Aimpoint.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got an Aimpoint of some type on all of my rifles, except 2, a 7.62 for long range and a .277 Wolverine in progress, to be used for hunting; they both wear traditional (tactical) scopes. I'm using an Aimpoint H1 on one gun, and from what I've seen with their "torture" tests, I'm not so sure that the PA isn't on par with it's similar competitor, the H1. Their specs and warranties are about the same. I'm not ready to heap it onto the "fun gun" pile yet.

Had someone told me that I would be saying this 3 months ago, I would have thought they were crazy. But this new model appears to be as tough as nails, and if you can believe PA's videos of it surviving snow, ice, rain, long drops etc., then I might not be so hesitant to use it on a SD gun. I just have yet to be able to prove it. Naytwan did a pretty good review of it, and I think that one's going to be used in UWone77's forum members T&E program. I'm not going to rip the Aimpoint RDS off of my other rifles and replace them with PA stuff, but I'm not going to turn my nose up on this new PA micro just yet, either.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good points,

Although I wished during those torture test they'd mount it to a rifle and dropped it. I also saw a video where condensation got inside the optic but PA did have great customer service and replaced his. (just doesn't help in a HD situation) I don't own one so I guess I can't make any statements on it. I'm not turning my nose up on it exactly I'm just waiting for more reviews.

My only point in the beginning was that I wanted one.
    Last edited by Deckard; 9 January 2015 at 08:01.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Deckard, I get it, you weren't debating it's reliability or anything else. I was more or less saying I want to see more proof, one way or the other.

The toughest test I've seen with it, I had actually thought of trying myself. I thought of freezing it in a Tupperware container. Then I thought better. I think the expansion ration for freezing water is about 10% or somewhere around there (correct me if I'm wrong). I thought sure as hell, if I tried that stunt, since water freezes from the outside in, I'd bust both lenses and have a zero chance of a warranty replacement. But then I saw a You Tube video, where a guy did just that. He froze it in the center of block of ice about 1.5 X the size of a brick, or so. He raised the frozen block over his head and tossed it onto cement. Then, after the main part of the frozen mass shattered, he had to chip away at the rest of the ice, to get the thing out. It still worked and functioned just fine. I would think that would be more of a torture test than dropping it attached to a gun. I really don't want to drop my guns from seven feet or more, unless it just happens, then in that case, it would just be one of those "that sucked" moments. I've seen all types of scopes fail, in one way or another, from cheap stuff, to really expensive (mine) Zeiss scopes. So, you have a good point there, about it not happening in an HD situation. That would be no fun, but I know it can happen to any scope, red dot or "traditional". That's why mine all have QD mounts and BUIS.

Obviously, I didn't witness this, but a friend of mine, who's son did two tours with the Marines in Afghanistan said that (I don't recall exactly) he either broke or witnessed a couple of ACOG's breaking, under rigorous use. Go figure.

I know you weren't debating the point, it's just that I won't discount or approve of mine for HD use based on the name on the side (unless it's really cheap stuff that you can count on breaking). I just want to see results on a wide scale basis, not based on one guy's bad experience, such as condensation build up. As an aside, I see guy's acting absolutely arrogant about not wanting anything less than a U.S. Optics or some other extravagantly expensive optic on their rifles. There rifles never touch the ground, and on the rare occasions that they see any "trigger time" , it's at the range with about 4 towels over the table top to prevent a scratch on their "pristine" guns. Yep, that really happens. Makes me debate whether I want to laugh or throw up.

But back to the point. I do want to see more and more tests, either pass or fail, before I can make a final decision for myself. I can say I've never had an Aimpoint fail on me.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I currently have 4 ARs. One is wearing a 1-4x scope, 2 more are wearing aimpoint pros and the last is wearing the PA Dot. I have so far put about 500 rounds threw the rifle with the PA dot. I'm not law enforcement or military, former or otherwise. I just like to shoot and fell in love with the AR platform several years ago. Granted 500 rounds is not all that much but I think its enough for me to have a good idea if the PA will do ok. I like it a lot. I cant wait to take it to a carbine class or 3 this year. I would trust it on my HD gun. The previous model, not so much. Its a nice piece but the new one is sooooo much more.