Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Work pants.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    You say they fit better but others in the past have said the new gen Vertx have more room for your trunkage, which doesn't help skinny guys like me. Out of curiosity, what's your build (generally)? I love my first gen Vertx pants, but if they've made more room in the ass department, then they'll probably not really fit me that well anymore.

ETA: or is that you in the pictures? If so, you're a little buffer, but of similar build, so maybe they will work.
    Is buffer another word for fat? Lol.

Im 6ft, 195.

The new gen works fine as well the older gen had a little more heft to thr material.

I have pairs of royal robin, kuhl and rei pants. All good stuff very happy with them. I prefer a gusseted crotch and the non hipster look.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I think the code word for fat is "fluffy"

Downloads
    Uploads

Im 6ft, 195.
    No, no, quite the contrary. I think it just means you get to the gym rather than relying on your metabolism like I do.

The new gen works fine as well the older gen had a little more heft to thr material.

I prefer a gusseted crotch and the non hipster look.
    I'm not sure if the originals had a gusseted crotch or not, but I know it's just right for me and no hipster look. I have also noticed that I probably shouldn't buy anymore Vertx pants because I don't have full sleeves of ink. Apparently that's a requirement based on all of their promo stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol, they market to that end because lots of mil guys are inked up. No reason to stay away from them.

Try different pants if you already have them though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol, they market to that end because lots of mil guys are inked up. No reason to stay away from them.
    Meh. A lot of SEALs are inked up. I think that's why they market it that way. Gotta cash in on the SOCOM train while you can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2013/09/vertx-mens-pant.html

Old gen vertx pants review - the newer ones are better fitting. They also have an "LT" version I am going to review, good for summer or office environments.

You can also go to REI and grab some of their brand pants.

Cool thanx..

No damn REI's in my neck of the woods...never even been in one...lol

I like the look of the normal ones, need to order up a pair and try them out..

So i replied before i read this page, are the new or older version the bigger in the trunk versions?..lol....wtf.....180/6' tall here so, just trying to get an idea..

Do you notice if they size about the same as say jeans or whatever..or tend to run bigger/smaller?
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 24 November 2014 at 01:35.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my experience vertx runs small. I wear 32" jeans and other pants consistently, and had to get 34" vertx.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree vertx does run slightly small, but I always buy one size larger to fit mt ccw...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    In my experience vertx runs small. I wear 32" jeans and other pants consistently, and had to get 34" vertx.
    I agree vertx does run slightly small, but I always buy one size larger to fit mt ccw...
    Thanks fellas

Now to watch for some deals..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay , while were on the subject, got a email for a black friday sale at tacticalgear.com and they are having a sale on alot of stuff including these vertx pants . dont know what the going good deal rate is one these, but 1 set of the regular tactical pants was

Promo Code: SAVEBIG

10% off your order
    15% Vertx tactical pants bonus.
    Free shipping in Continental US.
    Subtotal: $47.95
    Discount : -$19.18
    Total: $28.77

$29 SHIPPED Sounds like a good price, might have to try out a pair for that price

http://tacticalgear.com/vertx-tactic...s-desert-tan~1

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also in the construction business, entirely in a supervisory role, but in the office and in the field. I've become a huge fan of Mountain Khakis, in their new Broadway fit, to the point that I have now bought khakis in three of the weights they offer, plus their jeans, and am planning on buying shorts from them when it warms up again.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    For those looking for Vertx items, looks like they are having a Black Friday Sale, 30% off

http://www.vertx.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wear charheart duck FRG pants, I'm a welder who is in the oil fields a lot. Last January I had a saw fly into my leg and the pants stopped it. My surgeon said if it was 3/8" deeper I'd have made the trip to the other side. My pants literally saved my life last year. Pm me for pics if you'd like.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably gonna get flamed or called a poser, but work requires us to wear TDU green 5.11 tac-lite pro pants... and I fell in love. All I wear now ( yes other then green lol )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Probably gonna get flamed or called a poser, but work requires us to wear TDU green 5.11 tac-lite pro pants... and I fell in love. All I wear now ( yes other then green lol )
    5.11?

Why not 10.22 ?