Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads

^For when a squirrel desperately needs to bust a nut^
    Last edited by GOST; 20 November 2014 at 10:17.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    If more people would have just STFU, and used the Brace as they saw fit, it would probably be an non-issue. Too many guys flaunting how this was the new "loophole" and chastising those who were paying to SBR their lowers probably did not help.

Brilliant marketing the last few years by Sig though!
    I most definitely agree with you on this UWone. I may eventually get one to try it for it's intended use. I don't see it as being really useful as a stock period. People have been buying them up for their 'look cool' factor as near as I can tell. I have long arms too. For a shoulder fired weapon I want a proper stock, not something that I pretend is a stock and doesn't suit the purpose as such. If I want a SBR, then that is exactly what I will design. A SBR. I'd go the route of designing it right, getting a NFA trust and designing it to have 3 round burst also. I can't think of a reason why I'd need one though. I design for my needs and what is actually useful as a tool for me, not as toys.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For me the Sig brace may have it's place, but when I tried it I didn't like it. To me it made the rifle look like a SBR but did not feel any better than a foam wrap on the extension. It reminds me of the argument of I can't afford a full auto so I bought a Slide Fire.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I'll use mine promptly until an SBR stamp comes back. Likely will file for a SBR and sell the sig brace before I ever build the gun.
    If you do so Ride4frnt, I'd be interested in trying it out for it's intended purpose. I'm curious as to how well it will work for that. That's why I never designed this gun I'm building to be a SBR. People keep asking me "are you going to put a SIG brace on it?" and I honestly doubt that I want to bother spending $115 just to test one. I am curious as to how well one 'might' work for me for it's intended purpose. I have a distinct feeling that it may be more of a hinderance than an aid though. One option could be to mount it offset 45 degrees to be used with 45 degree sights though.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't know so many people wanted to carry their AR pistols in their car. Seems silly to me, and here's why:

Neighboring states to me don't have CPL reciprocity.

If I leave my car, I'm not leaving any firearms inside it, locked or otherwise.

CCW of an AR pistol would be hard, if not impossible.

I train with my handgun 100x more than an AR pistol, including drawing and reholstering from "regular clothing"

This is coming from a LEO with nationwide CCW... so if I wanted, I could carry my AR pistol anywhere.

In the end for me, it makes no sense, and like I stated previously, I don't buy gear around the less than 1% of the time I might do something with my firearm.
    I'm not a LEO UWone but this is all common sense to me. I train with my .45 and even my wife's little .25 for carrying and I NEVER leave a firearm in our truck. I have my firearms for specific purposes and that's what they get used for. My 12 guage shotgun get's used less than anything else. It's for bird hunting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    I most definitely agree with you on this UWone. I may eventually get one to try it for it's intended use. I don't see it as being really useful as a stock period. People have been buying them up for their 'look cool' factor as near as I can tell. I have long arms too. For a shoulder fired weapon I want a proper stock, not something that I pretend is a stock and doesn't suit the purpose as such. If I want a SBR, then that is exactly what I will design. A SBR. I'd go the route of designing it right, getting a NFA trust and designing it to have 3 round burst also. I can't think of a reason why I'd need one though. I design for my needs and what is actually useful as a tool for me, not as toys.
    I'm gonna be completely candid here and say if you want to buy one to use for it's intended use, don't bother. (Unless you have physical limitations and need assistance in supporting the pistol.)
    Follow my Facebook page: Chevtec Shooting Solutions, for reviews, how-to guides, and industry news.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevtec View Post
    I'm gonna be completely candid here and say if you want to buy one to use for it's intended use, don't bother. (Unless you have physical limitations and need assistance in supporting the pistol.)
    That's what I've been thinking too. I'd like to try one, but that's about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like taking the AR pistol along (secured and in a case, of course) in addition to a small "get home bag" in my car when I go away from home (a couple hours' drive or more). It's more convenient than my full size ARs. Having one SBR'd lower would be nice but I still see a benefit in having both.

As far as the thread deviation pertaining to the comments like "Sig Brace crowd taunting/chastising those who pay for an SBR tax stamp", it's no different than the SBR owners saying the Sig Brace is useless. Neither are constructive and honestly its a petty debate. To each, his own. Some see utility in it, some do not. It doesn't mean either are right or wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the record, I never said it was useless, I just said it sucked.

I tried one for awhile, and in my opinion, for the original intended use, it's sucks, and as a shouldering stock, it sucks.

Everyone has different shooting tastes and styles, and like I said before, your mileage may and will vary.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My guns all have specific uses. My old .303 is my deer rifle. I check it each year and fire a couple rounds through it to make sure it's sighted in - then go get a deer. My 12 guage is my bird gun. Hardly ever fire it but test one shell each year then go get a bird when i need one. The AR I built and then had to sell I built it for protecting our sheep in winter at night. I had to fend off a couple wolves from them with my .45 when it was pitch black out. So, I built something that would be better for that. That is what my AR pistol will be used for. I'll be mounting my tac light on it.

I have one pistol I bought just because it's old and I like old guns. That's my .32 S&W top break. My .45 - that's my .45 and it has multiple uses and definitely does get used. Had to put or old horse down with it last February sadly. I have an old .38 six shooter. I don't use it much but it's for having to put down sheep or goats and I have had to do so. I do also slaughter lambs we raise for meat. The .223 cartridge is well suited for that though a .22 will do fine. I don't have a .22 though currently so that is what I wlll get when I can afford one. The AR is good for coyotes during the day when you can see them.

My firearms are not toys. They each have their purpose. They are tools. I don't always need or use some of my wrenches either or my fire extinguishers, but I have them when I need them or if I need them. The only gun I have that is not for 'normal' use is that little .32, but I sometimes do carry it in my truck with me when going up the valley just in case some animal runss right in front of me and it's impossible to avoid it. Deer run across the roads all the time here. I won't let one suffer so I take a gun with me in my truck. Usually that's the .38, once in a while that old .32. Kat's .25 is in her purse but she's not always with me.

Downloads
    Uploads

I tried one for awhile, and in my opinion, for the original intended use, it's sucks, and as a shouldering stock, it sucks.

Everyone has different shooting tastes and styles, and like I said before, your mileage may and will vary.

I agree as a wrist strapping single handed shooting brace...it sucks and looks laughable. As a shouldering stock, it's not as good as any real stock, but it's far better as a shoulder stock than it is a wrist strap. It's not ideal but it is better than just a buffer tube for those who can't or won't (or are waiting) SBR their rifles. Just my opinion of course

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite quote from this site. Period.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to hear the opinions. I won't bother thinking about putting one on the pistol I'm building

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sig brace sux

Form 1 or go home..

Lol...i have neither..just provoking

Downloads
    Uploads

Did 'Black Aces Tactical' just screw the pooch?

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Sig brace sux

Form 1 or go home..

Lol...i have neither..just provoking
    You have to remember a lot of us live in Non class III states where you can have a AR or AK hand gun but no SBRs