Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    This has nothing to do with AR15s. The letter clearly says shotgun and using it specifically for a stock.

They just shit the bed on shotguns, that is all.
    Not yet...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    This has nothing to do with AR15s. The letter clearly says shotgun and using it specifically for a stock.

They just shit the bed on shotguns, that is all.
    It's the fact that the Sig Brace is being used in an attempt to skirt the rules and the ATF keeps having to weigh in on it at peoples' REQUEST no less, they're eventually going to move from opinion letters to an outright ruling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cant we just be happy that this is allowed accept it without having to criticize?

I for one enjoy my 7.75" barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    It's the fact that the Sig Brace is being used in an attempt to skirt the rules and the ATF keeps having to weigh in on it at peoples' REQUEST no less, they're eventually going to move from opinion letters to an outright ruling.
    Bingo! Must be my short arms but the brace works fine to me, HEAVY, but feels fine.
    All previous response letters I've seen on the subject the ATF states the rules only tell you how to configure to be a pistol, they can't tell you how to use it. If how to use is brought into question we're all wrong cause I know I can't shoot a handgun one handed for shit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't stand with the yahoos taunting the ATF any more than With the idiots in Starbucks with slung ARs. But even more I don't like the feeling that we have to cower in fear of the arbitrary 2A infringements by government bureaucrats.

The difference between a brace and an SBR is far more than $50. It's the freedom to travel, loan out, and stay off of the Priority Confiscation registration list. Hopefully there are enough brace users out there by now to put some heat on their pols to nip any ban in the bud.

We are too damn close to "shakin' it boss" and too far from, "'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a pistol with the brace. I had originally not gotten it because I didn't really care for the looks. I didn't care for the cheek weld with just the extension and foam pad, so I ordered it and put it on. It definitely felt better, but the diameter of the tube was too small, so it has a lot of movement. Will SBR a lower sooner or later and then just get rid of the brace.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I've not tried the Thorsden saddle kit, but it looks more comfortable than the Sig brace.
    That's something that I've been looking at doing, if I decide to go the pistol route. Although, according to the ATF - the two parts the comprise of the kit (saddle + buffer tube) have been analyzed by the ATF and declared not a stock, but here's the catch - this was considering both items separately, not combined as it's clear intended use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    TTAG takes a step back and a few deep breaths....

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...the-sig-brace/
    Follow my Facebook page: Chevtec Shooting Solutions, for reviews, how-to guides, and industry news.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got 1 AR pistol and it does have a brace. I've assumed, since I built it, that this was eventually going to be banned. When I built it, it was with the intention of building a range toy, that in the event it was deemed illegal, I could always just have it as a standard pistol.

While I wanted an SBR, the local CLEO won't sign (or so I was told), and I couldn't see spending the money on a trust for one SBR. With Coyote Rifleworks offering them more afford ably, that totally changed for me (Form 1 submitted 10 days ago).

I don't for one second think that I'm any worse off having registered my gun with the ATF, and while I do disagree with the whole NFA law, I've spent more than $200 on some pretty stupid things in my life. I look at it as just another component.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And one other thing, if you're asking if ''Black Aces Tactical' just screw the pooch?', then you're asking that because you know what you're doing is iffy at best.
    Last edited by CarbonScoring; 20 November 2014 at 09:55. Reason: fixing wording

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to know. I'm in Bloomington too and did not know there was a problem getting the signature. I still may get a trust for one SBR lower along with the braces. But even if just in principle I would feel worse off registering it from a slippery slope toward universal requirement perspective. I'm old and ornery enough not to worry much about the goons coming to my door. If I was a young guy with a family I might want to keep a lower profile.

Edit: Carbon, Love your avatar. Just enlarged it. Heretofore I thought it was you in tac get-up. My eyes are really getting bad.
    Last edited by Uffdaphil; 20 November 2014 at 07:44.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im not remotely worried as the atf would have to release a set of guidelines in order to actually stop people from using it a different way than it was intended.

I have an sbr, but for simplicities sake the pistol makes a lot of sense.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The ruling on the shotgun was a no brainer when I read it. There is no pistol classification for a shotgun. So, it really is an illegal SBS in this case. Nothing really to do with the brace. The SIG brace is an aid as an arm brace. Not so sure if I'll get one or not for the pistol I'm building and even if I do it will be down the road aways. I like the Thordsens kit also and that is most definitely not a stock for the shoulder. There's a review of the install of that also on another forum. For me and the pistol I'm building I'm not so sure I see a real benefit from either of them over the foam pad on the buffer tube though the SIG brace on the arm would definitely be an aid for one handed shooting of this AR47 pistol. So, it is likely that I will eventually get one just to find out how well it will work for that.

I'm not building this for it to be a SBR. If I was, I'd be planning a little longer barrel than 10.5" and I'd certainly want a proper stock for it plus, of course, the required tax stamp. I'm building it for what I've designed it to be - a pistol that fires 7.62x39 ammo and that I can shoot one handed when necessary. So far with how it's coming together I'm quite pleased with the simple foam covered pistol buffer tube. I haven't designed this to have a stock of any kind. If I had wanted this AR47 to actually be a real shoulder fired weapon I would have designed it differently.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saying that your reason for having the brace instead of the SBR is so that you can prepare for your personal SHTFantasy does NOT make for a more rational argument.

Just sayin.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Good to know. I'm in Bloomington too and did not know there was a problem getting the signature. I still may get a trust for one SBR lower along with the braces. But even if just in principle I would feel worse off registering it from a slippery slope toward universal requirement perspective. I'm old and ornery enough not to worry much about the goons coming to my door. If I was a young guy with a family I might want to keep a lower profile.

Edit: Carbon, Love your avatar. Just enlarged it. Heretofore I thought it was you in tac get-up. My eyes are really getting bad.
    I was told no CLEO in the area would sign off, but I was at Atomic Tactical and was informed that Stanek will. Whether that helps you, I don't know. You'd need to live in Hennepin County.

And my avatar IS me in tac get-up. Here it is bigger: