Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow...so much cool shit coming out....

Downloads
    Uploads
    It looks great. It's probably going to shoot great. But $470 great? That's JP money there, and their reputation for these sort of things is pretty long standing.
    I'm going to venture a guess that the cryo process is what is driving the barrel price up. JP does the same thing to their barrels.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure that these barrels will be top notch like everything else BAD makes. Whether they're worth $470 will depend on your application and ability. If you're like me and hardly do any precision shooting, then these are probably not the barrels for you.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by turkishroy View Post
    It looks great. It's probably going to shoot great. But $470 great? That's JP money there, and their reputation for these sort of things is pretty long standing.
    I'm going to venture a guess that the cryo process is what is driving the barrel price up. JP does the same thing to their barrels.
    LOL... "that's JP money there" said 1 person ever apparently.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    NTD may make them.
    That's what I'm thinking too. They look VERY similar

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sold out already

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMMzach View Post
    Sold out already
    It was never in stock.

Soon though!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    It was never in stock.

Soon though!
    Oh sweet! Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why did they do a .625" gas block diameter? For that kind of money I better have the option of at least an 18" IMO and not be stuck with a hand full of gas blocks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    Why did they do a .625" gas block diameter? For that kind of money I better have the option of at least an 18" IMO and not be stuck with a hand full of gas blocks.
    Ah I looked right past that. I might end up going with a north tech barrel then just because I have a gas block already. I just hate having a north tech barrel not on north tech receivers OCD.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't wrap my arms around the fact that this barrel and other premium barrels manufactured on CNC lathes have relief cuts behind the muzzle threads. I'd argue that it's unnecessary. A barrel with no relief cut supports/aligns the crush washer or shims used to install the muzzle device much better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Gale View Post
    I can't wrap my arms around the fact that this barrel and other premium barrels manufactured on CNC lathes have relief cuts behind the muzzle threads. I'd argue that it's unnecessary. A barrel with no relief cut supports/aligns the crush washer or shims used to install the muzzle device much better.
    Having relief cuts allows the brake to tighten up against the shoulder which is necessary for many brakes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    Having relief cuts allows the brake to tighten up against the shoulder which is necessary for many brakes.
    This should only be an issue for a muzzle device that doesn't require a crush washer or shims such as the Smith Vortex. That being said, a counter bore in the muzzle device would solve the problem if it were necessary.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Gale View Post
    This should only be an issue for a muzzle device that doesn't require a crush washer or shims such as the Smith Vortex. That being said, a counter bore in the muzzle device would solve the problem if it were necessary.
    Counter boring would cost more. Also, if you're using a crush washer or shims you should prefer the extra space even more with a relief cut in order to maximize the thread contact and not risk damaging the threads because when there's no relief cut and especially when using a crush washer the expansion of the washer could damage them which could be an issue if you went to a different brake in the future that uses shims like Surefire.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any news on an 18" version? Also, any range reports on these barrels yet?