Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question WEVO Members Testing & Evaluation Program

Members,

I've been working on a T&E program for the members here for about the last 6-9 months off and on. My goal was to have members access to all things AR to try out and see what their opinions were. Most of us are on a budget, and it's hard to buy things before you've had a chance to try them out in the field. I want to help bridge this gap.

The project has always been in the back burner due to personal time constraints and things like the on-going giveaway, but we're just about to launch. How does it work you ask?

It's simple, when we get items in for T&E, we'll post what's available. Those of you that are committed to actually trying it out will be selected to receive the product. Simply take 8-10 weeks to evaluate it for yourself. All we ask of you, is that you post your thoughts in the form of an overview or review, however you see fit. Pictures are always appreciated, even in the form of a cell phone picture. I realize not all of you are great writers, or professional photographers, but I would assume all of you are shooters. Your fellow shooters can always use an extra opinion when weighing in on whether to purchase a particular product.

The goal is to have a constant stream of different products coming in, and out the other end, a constant flow of new reviews.

Common questions I'm sure you'll ask:

Can you keep the item?

Right now, yes and no. Some things you may keep, others will have to be returned. The Primary Arms optics for example will have to be returned. If you fall in love with it, I'm sure we can get them to sell it to you at a reduced cost. Down the road, I hope to have all T&E items as something you can keep.

Who pays for shipping?

We'll pay to ship it to you. We only ask you pay to ship it back, or to the next fellow WEVO member.

How long can I use it for?

There is no set timeline, but we hope 8-10 weeks is sufficient.

How do you get selected?

Just post in the thread of your interest and we will make a selection. In the beginning we shall gear it to longer time members, only because they have an established stay here. However, all members are welcome.

This is work in progress, so things will have to be changed or tweaked as we go along. Please bear with us.

Here's what we have initially available:

Primary Arms Micro Dot With Removable Base

Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot with Push Buttons and 50K Battery Life

Primary Arms 2.5X Compact AR15 Scope with CQB ACSS Reticle

Primary Arms Compact Weapon Light (700 Lumens) GENII

LanTac Dragon for 556

Please don't participate if you don't plan on writing your thoughts on a post. Good, Bad or the Ugly. You don't have to filter your opinions.

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been waiting for this. I am not interested in keeping any of the products and I am willing to cover shipping to and from. I would like to field some samples and to try my hand at writing a review on any product for the AR platform. I will use my M&P 15 as a test bed rifle as it has been solid for me since I have had it and have a good baseline rifle to compare the accessories to. Count me in for some T&E.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I have been waiting for this. I am not interested in keeping any of the products and I am willing to cover shipping to and from. I would like to field some samples and to try my hand at writing a review on any product for the AR platform. I will use my M&P 15 as a test bed rifle as it has been solid for me since I have had it and have a good baseline rifle to compare the accessories to. Count me in for some T&E.
    Jason,

You've been a great member here brother, glad you chimed in. You get first dibs. Let me know what you want out of that list.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Jason,

You've been a great member here brother, glad you chimed in. You get first dibs. Let me know what you want out of that list.
    That Micro Dot with the 50k battery would do the trick. I have ran an Aimpoint T-1 and the Sparc so I think I have something to compare it to. Gives me a reason to buy a F1 mount as well :)
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would also love to do some t&e. I'm at work right now so didn't get a chance to read over it all, but count me in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jason was the first person to come to mind as well! I'd be happy to try out anything you'd like to send me. I have a couple SBR's that I could swap optics on. 8-10 weeks is more than enough. I wouldn't need more than 4 if I was allowed to receive anything. Awesome service whether if I get chosen or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm new, but I am IN. Serving at your pleasure :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    My writing leaves some (ok, a lot) to be desired, but I'll give it a shot as well.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll happily test stuff. You send it, I'll test it, take pictures, write my review for it and send it back with no damage to it. I think this is a great idea. It would help a lot of people get a chance to try things out before deciding whether they want to spend the $ to buy it. Also we'd have a thread on product review by various shooters. The AR I won will be here in just a couple more weeks and my AR47 pistol will be finished soon after. The pistol is likely going to provide a little recoil punishment for things like red dot sights. I don't have to go far to test either - about a mile and I can even test in my own front yard. I wouldn't need to test anything for 8-10 weeks either. 2 -4 weeks would be sufficient.

I can and will test muzzle devices also. I'll be able to write comparisons from one to the other. I do have the tools to change them out. Sign me up UWone. I can't start it before that AR that's gone on it's way to BDL Custom get's here is all.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in for the LanTac Dragon. Been wanting to see if that booger stays as still as those slow mo Lantac vids. I'll try it on my buddy's rifle that currently has a Miculek brake on it.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to see the participation from some of the newer guys.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to participate also.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooooo this is quite interesting!! I would say I'd participate, but with professional duties and nonexistent range, I'm SOL lol can't wait to see what you guys post!!
    BRUUUHHHH....Do you EVEN OPERATE?!?!

Downloads
    Uploads

WEVO Members Testing & Evaluation Program

I was just telling Jason id like to put that 2.5x on my blackout for deer season. Granted it's not a blackout reticle, I reckon it would suffice so long as the center dot is zeroed for the round

Downloads
    Uploads
    As a thought UWone, you could set up a "Test Results" thread with sub topics for each item tested. As members test each item they can post the reviews there for that item. I'll make sure to include range reports with pictures.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.