Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Great. I'm looking forward to hearing how it holds up long term. Hope someone is keeping a rough running round count.
    Speaking of, what's the going run time on the PA 50k hour RDS?
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    Have you decided on an optic yet? I know you were debating on which one to go with.
    I bought a Vortex 1-4x Viper PST with an MOA reticule. I got the version with tactical turrets, not the capped ones. After a bunch of delays I am hoping it gets delivered in the next day or so.

That said I am still in the market for optics. I have a couple of things I am looking at.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I bought a Vortex 1-4x Viper PST with an MOA reticule. I got the version with tactical turrets, not the capped ones. After a bunch of delays I am hoping it gets delivered in the next day or so.

That said I am still in the market for optics. I have a couple of things I am looking at.
    Good to hear! I don't think you'll be disappointed with it. What else do you have your eye on?

Downloads
    Uploads

Wanna hear what you think of it once you get sometime behind it.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of, what's the going run time on the PA 50k hour RDS?
    Mine has been running since 1/20/15. Not that long, in the grand scheme of things, but I'll keep it going.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Mine has been running since 1/20/15. Not that long, in the grand scheme of things, but I'll keep it going.
    Sounds good

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to hear! I don't think you'll be disappointed with it. What else do you have your eye on?
    I kind of have a theory here that I am developing... I am learning as much as possible about optics, how they operate, how to use them, their strengths, weaknesses etc... and to build a rifle around the purpose of the optic.

For example I am really looking at the Vortex 2.5-10X FFP (MOA version) as my next buy. And to carry on with that, get a really nice match or near match grade barrel and build an upper designed especially for punching paper for groups and/or longer range engagements (400-600 yards etc etc). That is kind of high on the list of priorities I think.

Other optics I have been looking at are the US Optics 1-8x, several 1-6x, a good red dot (or holographic sight) most likely a 1x but I am still learning. For really long range shooting in other calibers I am also kind of digging the horus system. I am also thinking about making a lighter weight race gun (3 gun style) with a round hand guard, variable 1-4 or 1-6 optic and a offset 45 degree red dot or holographic sight.

Basically once I pick the optic(s) in question I can get a barrel to match the purpose and build from there. The 1x would be well served with a suppressed .300 Black Out SBR shooting primarily subs. You could throw on a secondary magnifier or night vision behind it with a QD mount and it's rock and roll time.

I am starting to form a few opinions on optics, AR design, and a few other things.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 5 March 2015 at 17:42.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Wanna hear what you think of it once you get sometime behind it.
    Absolutely.

I have a few ideas in mind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The Primary Arms 1-6x24 optic was purchased by the staff so we're going to keep that in the T&E rotation indefinitely. Seems like everyone wants to try it out anyhow.

The Mount is going to be swapped out with something better though.
    Saweet
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Primary Arms 1-6x24 optic was purchased by the staff so we're going to keep that in the T&E rotation indefinitely. Seems like everyone wants to try it out anyhow.

hell yes i be done whit my T&E some time after the Feb 10 or 11 after that i want to get in line for the PA 1-6 optic
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads

Good choice! I have that same optic, and absolutely love it! What do you plan on mounting it in?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Good choice! I have that same optic, and absolutely love it! What do you plan on mounting it in?
    I have an Aero precision lightweight 30mm mount that I will use. I only have one mount but so far that one has been good. The initial mounting is more tricky but once you get it set up its been nice. That said I don't have a lot of experience with mounts. I went with something recommended to me by a wevo member...but I do like it. Other than their weirdness in the initial mounting its been great.

Downloads
    Uploads

This place rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Hope someone is keeping a rough running round count
    Good idea

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone in the beginning stages of a pistol build?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone in the beginning stages of a pistol build?
    SBR's are more fun!!

I know it's not possible but just having fun