Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, gingers are HOT!
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    SINNER,

That looks great man. It's too bad you already got those cerakoted, I think you would have been prime to T&E a Gen 2 Aero Lower to match that upper.
    Thank you. I actually got a few of those rails from Aero already coated for something like $110 a piece when they liquidated all the Cerakoted parts. No matching uppers so I planned to just change the color altogether. After looking at all those rail slots to blast I decided to attempt a color match. 110% luck as that was the first try at a match. I do appreciate keeping me in mind but honestly with the pile I have to even zero my review would likely be during the gen 4 release. haha

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I agree. UW is a good dude that I hope to get to meet sometime. I was here a week before I was given things graciously by him, and I'll forever be grateful for that. I can't wait to see what you guys make of these parts!
    Agreed. If he's ever in San Diego I got a beer for him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, and there might be a couple of other items in there that was originally on your list ...

BUT... I need a range report, especially groups!
    You know I will document the heck out of the zero process and I think I can get you groups from 100-600 yards with it
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    ...and I think I can get you groups from 100-600 yards with it
    I hate you.

I don't really want to live in the sticks, but having land to shoot at least that far would be pretty cool. I just don't want my ice cream to melt on the way back from the grocery store.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I hate you.

I don't really want to live in the sticks, but having land to shoot at least that far would be pretty cool. I just don't want my ice cream to melt on the way back from the grocery store.

If it makes you feel better its an hour drive for me to get to the range I shoot at.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It always seems like a distance range is at least that far away. I'm trying to go "qualify" at a range about 1:20 from me this Saturday. That's kind of far to make it a regular occurrence, at least for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it makes you feel better its an hour drive for me to get to the range I shoot at.
    That would drive me crazy lol. One benefit of the PNW is there are tons of places to shoot within 20 minutes of here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It always seems like a distance range is at least that far away. I'm trying to go "qualify" at a range about 1:20 from me this Saturday. That's kind of far to make it a regular occurrence, at least for me.
    The thing I like about it being that far is that I am not spending a lot of time and money shooting. It really makes me go to the range with a purpose. Because I have been going with a purpose to the range I have actually seen huge improvements in my shooting because I am actually doing drills and documenting what I need to work on for the next range trip.

Quote Originally Posted by velocity2006 View Post
    That would drive me crazy lol. One benefit of the PNW is there are tons of places to shoot within 20 minutes of here.
    Range is a long distance shooting range. Can do workups out to 1200 yards at this place. I will go to club I belong to (still an hour drive), to do the initial zero and 100 yard confirmation.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 20 minutes from 1000yds... I've got to join that range.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have tons of cow pastures around here that would easily give 1000 yards or more. Just need to ask permission if I could shoot on someone else's place. The closest one---you can see it from the end of my driveway, but like I said, I need to get permission from whoever owns it first which may or may not happen.

I have a 200 yard lane out in my back yard.

Living in the country does have some benefits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing I like about it being that far is that I am not spending a lot of time and money shooting. It really makes me go to the range with a purpose. Because I have been going with a purpose to the range I have actually seen huge improvements in my shooting because I am actually doing drills and documenting what I need to work on for the next range trip.
    I can certainly understand and relate. Even though my main range is only 25 minutes away (and a fantastic playground), I find that another great way to make your range time count is to be a tight wad. Most of the time (there are definitely exceptions), I hate to send $.25 to $1 down range with every trigger pull and not be getting something out of it. It's amazing how much you can accomplish with a plan and only 100-200 rounds if you apply it effectively.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can certainly understand and relate. Even though my main range is only 25 minutes away (and a fantastic playground), I find that another great way to make your range time count is to be a tight wad. Most of the time (there are definitely exceptions), I hate to send $.25 to $1 down range with every trigger pull and not be getting something out of it. It's amazing how much you can accomplish with a plan and only 100-200 rounds if you apply it effectively.
    ^^^ What he said! YES!!!

I agree 100% with this sentiment. Practice is one thing, but perfect practice makes perfect. I rarely will shoot more than a magazine or two a few times a week and that's about it. Of course there are times when I get together with people and we shoot a whole lot more than that. My thing is though is I need to figure out more skills that I need to work on. I mean there are things like gathering data on your optic, your ammo, shot logging, or whatever... but I am wondering what kind of shooter skills I need to work on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have an Aero Gen2 lower avail. Let's get some new blood into this program!

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have an Aero Gen2 lower avail. Let's get some new blood into this program!
    I say we make everyone state their case as to what the lower will be used for and then hold a tribal council.