Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Apex Flat Trigger

From Apex's press release

Apex Tactical Specialties announced the release and immediate availability of the new Flat-Faced Forward Set Sear & Trigger Kit. Previewed at the 2014 NRA Show in Indianapolis, the design of the Flat-Faced Forward Set Trigger was extremely popular with customers who were looking to replicate the feel of a flat 1911 type trigger but in an M&P pistol.

I've always loved the ergonomics of the M&P pistols, but could never get warmed up to the factory trigger, hoping for good things from this APEX kit.

Any thoughts?

Downloads
    Uploads

Apex Flat Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post

From Apex's press release

Apex Tactical Specialties announced the release and immediate availability of the new Flat-Faced Forward Set Sear & Trigger Kit. Previewed at the 2014 NRA Show in Indianapolis, the design of the Flat-Faced Forward Set Trigger was extremely popular with customers who were looking to replicate the feel of a flat 1911 type trigger but in an M&P pistol.

I've always loved the ergonomics of the M&P pistols, but could never get warmed up to the factory trigger, hoping for good things from this APEX kit.

Any thoughts?
    Price? I'll likely try it in mine. I love their glock style trigger.

ETA: 169 for the kit, 79 for just the trigger. Trigger will not work without the Apex forward set sear, which is different from the sear that comes in their other kits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I might give a MP9 a try again with this trigger. I really Kiel the flat CMC I have so this should go hand in foot. I still have a MP-22c but will have to add a 9 back to the collection.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Price? I'll likely try it in mine. I love their glock style trigger.

ETA: 169 for the kit, 79 for just the trigger. Trigger will not work without the Apex forward set sear, which is different from the sear that comes in their other kits.
    Bummer that it doesn't work with APEX's past products. I wonder if they'd give a discount if you already had a sear kit from them and wanted a flat face kit

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll stick to my glock trigger for now, but this will definitely be an option down the road. Eventually I'll get another m&p...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 of the Apex FSS triggers in my .45 and .40. Really nice crisp, no creep trigger. I may be getting a M&P 9, and I wouldn't mind trying this trigger group if I get the 9mm.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I have 2 of the Apex FSS triggers in my .45 and .40. Really nice crisp, no creep trigger. I may be getting a M&P 9, and I wouldn't mind trying this trigger group if I get the 9mm.
    FT, I've always like the feel of an M&P but have never shot one. I think my wife is trying to get me an M&P .40 for Christmas, how do you like it with the Apex? I thought about the alu. curved trigger but haven't ruled out the flat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    FT, I've always like the feel of an M&P but have never shot one. I think my wife is trying to get me an M&P .40 for Christmas, how do you like it with the Apex? I thought about the alu. curved trigger but haven't ruled out the flat.
    It's amazing. Day and night difference over stock. I have a glock trigger as well as the dcaek kit. Smooth pull, and what I liked the most about it was it took the notoriously gritty feel of the stock trigger away.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's amazing. Day and night difference over stock. I have a glock trigger as well as the dcaek kit. Smooth pull, and what I liked the most about it was it took the notoriously gritty feel of the stock trigger away.
    Sorry I meant the whole weapon as well I was just fixing to edit. I've heard a lot of good things about the Apex. You're right about the stock trigger from what I can tell dry firing. First impression was felt like it was full of sand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Sorry I meant the whole weapon as well I was just fixing to edit. I've heard a lot of good things about the Apex. You're right about the stock trigger from what I can tell dry firing. First impression was felt like it was full of sand.
    Spot on. 300 rounds in my trigger felt like it had gravel in it. But I love this gun. Far more than I like any glock. To me the grip angle on the glock is too much. Never had issue one with my m&p9, and it has always functioned reliably, and it's accurate. A buddy of mine carries a full size .40 and loves it, so much so that he switched from carrying his glock 23. I'm just not a huge fan of the .40 round itself, I have 2 of them, but they rarely get fired. I think you'll be altogether pleased with the m&p though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My FS M&P 9mm has the Apex sear and aek trigger along with a few other little things,it is a blast to shoot, and very accurate for me..so much that the glock gets left at home most days anymore..

This newer version looks good possibly, wish it would interchange with what i got..oh well

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd consider putting a new trigger in my 1911, I'd have to find one worth doing so for though. However, I'm more likely to take the trigger out, polish it all up real well and change the trigger springs.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spot on. 300 rounds in my trigger felt like it had gravel in it. But I love this gun. Far more than I like any glock. To me the grip angle on the glock is too much. Never had issue one with my m&p9, and it has always functioned reliably, and it's accurate. A buddy of mine carries a full size .40 and loves it, so much so that he switched from carrying his glock 23. I'm just not a huge fan of the .40 round itself, I have 2 of them, but they rarely get fired. I think you'll be altogether pleased with the m&p though.
    I've never been much on the 40 either but I've come across a used one that is a pretty good deal and the wife offered to pick up most of the tab. Used would be fine since I may tinker with it a bit. I too don't like the Glock grip, maybe it's my small hands. I was also impressed when seeing what kind of aftermarket parts were available I saw Wilson combat actually makes a 9mm threaded barrel for the m&p. WC touts .5 groups at 25yds when locked in there test fixture.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Me want for sure, need to finish another project first.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a friend with an M&P9 that has the Apex trigger, and I have a Shield with a full Apex upgrade. I really like the feel of their other triggers. It'll be interesting to see how this one differs in feel. My only complaint about the Apex triggers is the thin trigger safety. It's never felt right to me. I wish it was more like the safety on a Zev Tech Fulcrum.