Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive heard prosecutors bringing up lightened triggers etc and spinning it in a bad light. But it's internet rumors im sure. Who knows.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How new/old is it?

Check the "candy cane loop"

Also when you pull the trigger (dryfire it and watch(. Does the back of the trigger hit the frame ANYWHERE before its fired or clicked?

I did the apex trigger and a few of their small parts and then gunsmithed the sear and more and only thing i had to do was open the opp just slightly..Easy..just open it back out, spread it apart just slightly, and retry your dryfire test..

Let us know, and/or if you need any other help i can help best i can, have installed 2 of their other kits and worked on 2 others.

Edit: Also what springs are you using, theres supplied or the original ones or ?
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 14 January 2015 at 15:18.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's what I suggested this morning after having to do mine

Downloads
    Uploads
    It dry fires 100% every time. Just live fire sometimes it chokes

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    How new/old is it?

Check the "candy cane loop"

Also when you pull the trigger (dryfire it and watch(. Does the back of the trigger hit the frame ANYWHERE before its fired or clicked?

I did the apex trigger and a few of their small parts and then gunsmithed the sear and more and only thing i had to do was open the opp just slightly..Easy..just open it back out, spread it apart just slightly, and retry your dryfire test..

Let us know, and/or if you need any other help i can help best i can, have installed 2 of their other kits and worked on 2 others.

Edit: Also what springs are you using, theres supplied or the original ones or ?
    It's 100% when dry firing. Must have dry fired it 300x last night without issue. Like I said in video the first 20 rounds were perfect..

And yea using Apex springs..

Downloads
    Uploads
    You didnt quite answer it all, and sorry your grumpy...i'm just trying to help..........

Guess i should of asked fro mthe beginning of your journey

- did the gun run flawless before mods?

-Did you install just the trigger kit or a full kit also? - Sorry lost track between both threads

-Does the trigger, back of it, contact the frame or any part before it fires or as soon as it does even? i had to ever so slightly file a little off the back of the gun to make one act and fire 100% and before it had problems like you say.

-Also what ammo? You say it was very cold, factory loads or reloaded stuff?

last suggestion, and i will do this if i am not happy or something seems off, take it all apart again, slowly paying attention to how stuff was, and the re assemble ..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    You didnt quite answer it all, and sorry your grumpy...i'm just trying to help..........

Guess i should of asked fro mthe beginning of your journey

- did the gun run flawless before mods?

-Did you install just the trigger kit or a full kit also? - Sorry lost track between both threads

-Does the trigger, back of it, contact the frame or any part before it fires or as soon as it does even? i had to ever so slightly file a little off the back of the gun to make one act and fire 100% and before it had problems like you say.

-Also what ammo? You say it was very cold, factory loads or reloaded stuff?

last suggestion, and i will do this if i am not happy or something seems off, take it all apart again, slowly paying attention to how stuff was, and the re assemble ..
    I'm not grumpy? Im fact the guys at work call me Mr. Agreeable lol

It's the full kit, FFT alum version, theirs sear and slide safety plunger

I've had the MP for less then 2 weeks and had only field stripped it once. I was at one point Mr Glock. Smiths are a complete new animal for me personally..

For 20$ I figured I'd let a gunsmith install the kit , the same one who sold it to me originally. It was his competitive pistol so I figured he could knock it out quick.

I had to call Comp and Front to help walk the guy thru the process.. Even tho I gave him Apex #,and all their install vids.

It was factory ammo. I'd say maybe. 15-20% of time the striker would not recock itself regardless if it picked up a new round. Seems the return spring Is to weak or the trigger safety nub isn't installed correctly. PM ur # and I'll send you detailed photos thru text or email,if it could help,even 1%..

Thanks
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, so someone else installed the kit. really it is super simple and if your familiar with a glock there isnt much difference..

Honestly, id watch the vids with the gun in front of you, only thing you really need a tool for is when you remove the sights to replace the spring and plunger. Which btw moves nice and freely??

As then you will know, these is nothing to removing the trigger and sear assembly..

Ill pm ya, and see if i can lend a hand...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bunch of vids to look thru...https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...W1I0iIAPl6mr6d

And like we were talking i know there is a difference between the older and newer sear housing blocks, new one is the style you need with this kit and many others, thats why you hear some saying they had to upgrade their sear housing at the time of the kits install, i had one gun i gad to order the part for.

This is quoted right off their page about this flat faced trigger alone and/with the kit

" Requires use of sear housing block designed for large size sear plunger and spring (current production as of June 2011)"