Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    FT, I've always like the feel of an M&P but have never shot one. I think my wife is trying to get me an M&P .40 for Christmas, how do you like it with the Apex? I thought about the alu. curved trigger but haven't ruled out the flat.
    I've seen what seems to be some confusion in this thread, with daeck triggers, 1911 triggers, and so on.

I think the thread was about APEX triggers. The FSS brings the trigger down to about 4lbs. plus or minus an ounce or two according to my Lyman Gauge. This trigger is super sweet, again 3.5 to 4lbs with a very short and fast reset. It's the closest thing to a tuned 1911 trigger as you can get from a DIY swap. But if you're using it as a duty trigger, for LEO work, it probably won't fly with your department. So, APEX offers a couple of alternatives, one being the DEACK, or something like that. It smooth's out your trigger, the reset is not nearly instant like the FSS but does give you a very nice DA trigger pull at around 6lbs or so. A friend of mine has the DEACK's in his .40 and 9mm because he's not comfortable with a 3.5 - 4lb. trigger, and they are a huge improvement over stock, if you don't feel comfortable with the FSS and it's light weight pull, no take up, and almost no over travel. (Think finely tuned 1911 trigger with a 3.5 lb. trigger).

If I get the 9mm I'll probably go with the flat trigger, just to try it out, if it comes in the FSS version.

You can call APEX and get more specifics, they are nice folks. Changing out the trigger group in an M&P is a pain in the butt, especially compared to a Glock. On my first one, I had a question, called them, and Randy Lee himself talked me through my problem ( a minor thing I overlooked).

So in summary, I guess it depends on what you're comfortable with. I carried tuned 1911's for years, with 3.5 to 4.0lbs. Never bothered me, but some folks don't like that type of trigger and will back off a notch to the DAECK (which is USPSA legal, I think). If you're doing LEO work, I'm quite sure your department is not going to let you carry one with the FSS trigger.

If this doesn't answer your questions PM me, and I'll be glad to help.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    This video shows the trigger in pretty good detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzfR1E9Uh38

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    This video shows the trigger in pretty good detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzfR1E9Uh38
    Is that their first video over a 144p resolution ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    i shot my first M&P this weekend. Ive got a ton of glocks but that M&P shot very very well. I felt like it had less recoil than my glock... shouldve shot them side by side. i scored a 9mm Shield on black friday. pretty stoked about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't wait to find a full size 9mm m&p to buy so I can add an apex flat trigger and trijcon HD sights.

Anyone know where the best price is for a basic 9mm m&p? Used/new don't matter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Can't wait to find a full size 9mm m&p to buy so I can add an apex flat trigger and trijcon HD sights.

Anyone know where the best price is for a basic 9mm m&p? Used/new don't matter
    If you don't have a dealer close, you can order one from Bud's gun, over near Lexington. Price is $478 with the "make offer" option. If you can get them down a few bucks, then even with the transfer fee of your FFL you can get it cheaper than here, $499 plus tax.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    If you don't have a dealer close, you can order one from Bud's gun, over near Lexington. Price is $478 with the "make offer" option. If you can get them down a few bucks, then even with the transfer fee of your FFL you can get it cheaper than here, $499 plus tax.

FT
    Good find Tom! I use to goto buds all the time but got tired of the 90mile drive when kygunco is so close.

Now to figure out which gun to sell to afford it lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I just got back from Sommerset KY gun show and found this gem

M&P 9 Fullsize Range/Carry Kit and (8)! factory magazines. Not to bad for trading a Gen 4 G26.

Went ahead and just put in an order for the Apex Flat Trigger Kit on Midway (170$ seems like a great deal..), so gasp, I just MIGHT have the first of these mods on the site!

Stipple it, sights and a real holster from Comp and this could replace one of my PPQ's as my "go-to" pistol. :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look forward to seeing her tricked out.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Look forward to seeing her tricked out.
    Thanks Bro, its a sad sad day, but I went from having a 17,19,26 and a 42 Glock, and swore by them...I am embarrassed to say but now only the 42 remains 0.o

Side note: Normally I have BattleCock do my stippling, what kind of legal problems will I have sending the frame out of state?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd contact Battle Cock. I don't know if he has a FFL.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post

Happiness is a row of factory mags (better when filled)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seems interesting.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    Seems interesting.
    I've got the M&P broke down ready for the Apex Flat Faced trigger and sear but I'm sure y'all know… to many projects, not enough time

Both kids and wife being sick doesn't help tho. I swear soon I'll have photos to post..possibly with the most badass holster on the planet, thank you again Comp

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sick family is no excuse, I kid. Hope the family starts feeling better.
    flickr
    facebook