Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    Please show me where you're getting that it's not mitigating the 150dB down to 130dB at the shooters ear since you'd be disproving every test done by Surefire, AAC, SilencerCo, etc...
    You know, there is a way to get your point across without being a dick.

Knock it off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You know, there is a way to get your point across without being a dick.

Knock it off.
    Understood...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Understood...
    I think you add a lot of value with your knowledge. The culture here is a little different and based on mutual respect. If you check all of the history here, you see very few threads closed, and name calling and being a dick in general is kept to a minimum.

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you add a lot of value with your knowledge. The culture here is a little different and based on mutual respect. If you check all of the history here, you see very few threads closed, and name calling and being a dick in general is kept to a minimum.

Thanks.
    I didn't realize I had called anyone names. I'll adjust my attitude though and try to be a little less abrasive...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't realize I had called anyone names. I'll adjust my attitude though and try to be a little less abrasive...
    Actually, it was just an example. You're right, you didn't call anyone names. My apologies if you took it that way and my poor wording.

We try to keep the atmosphere here like you're hanging out with a group of friends.

Less abrasive is always appreciated. Let's move on, and talk about firearms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no knowledge to add, no wisdom to share, but as a joeblow nobody John Q Public type shooter, I do love my Specwar762 with my 300BLK sbr!!! If I could just reduce the buffer spring twang a little more it would be hard to tell I was shooting a centerfire rifle (with sub loads of course)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, it was just an example. You're right, you didn't call anyone names. My apologies if you took it that way and my poor wording.

We try to keep the atmosphere here like you're hanging out with a group of friends.

Less abrasive is always appreciated. Let's move on, and talk about firearms.
    Love the atmosphere just wish there were active members. Although, that can be a bad thing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    I have no knowledge to add, no wisdom to share, but as a joeblow nobody John Q Public type shooter, I do love my Specwar762 with my 300BLK sbr!!! If I could just reduce the buffer spring twang a little more it would be hard to tell I was shooting a centerfire rifle (with sub loads of course)
    JP Silent Capture Spring?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    I think people get ruined when they start off with 300 BLK suppressed and then go to 5.56.

What buffer are you using?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    Love the atmosphere just wish there were active members. Although, that can be a bad thing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see what you're saying.

The board is a little different in that we primarily like to post new products, announcements, and of course pictures. We also offer installation guides and other firearms related guides and reviews. We'll try to increase that in the coming year.

Discussion is almost secondary here, but certainly not discouraged.

Downloads
    Uploads
    JP Silent Capture Spring?
    I think people get ruined when they start off with 300 BLK suppressed and then go to 5.56.

What buffer are you using?
    Right now I am still using a standard carbine buffer, and chrome silicon spring. I have an enhanced spring coming from Damage Industries that others have reported good success with less 'twang'. I've thought of, and looked at, the JP silent setup and may try that eventually, but in all honesty the twang is not that bad. I'm just picky, and if I spent the $$$ to be silent, then dammit I wanna be silent! LOL

And yeah, going from 300BLK subs to 5.56 is a jump for sure. The fun is going to be once I get all my loads dialed in for the 300BLK, I am going to attempt some sub loads in 5.56 as well as some for my .308AR

But I do love my Specwar... my choice was more dB reduction with less emphasis on weight/length since it's a 'fun' gun for range and cabin plinkage. This spring I'll be doing my own version of the first Noveske/SilencerCo 'Find Your Range' video - that one gave me some fun ideas on how to spend my afternoons while I wait the 4-6 hours for my shrimp pots to fill up. Think steel targets on the beaches and old extra buoys floating in the bays, just waiting to be sacrificed...

-----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Any input on the Griffin Recce 7 (http://www.griffinarmament.com/Recce...r-p/garec7.htm )? I'm considering that for a .300 pistol. I'd be curious to hear any opinions on Girffin's taper mount system, too.
    I've had a Recce 7 almost for a year and it's my favorite can so far. The taper mount is rock solid and the recce 7 just keeps going and going. One of my buddies bought a saker 7.62 and after shooting them side by side he wishes he would've listened to me instead. Also the recce 7 is the only suppressor to survive lwrc's 6.8 pdw torture test. I will say the AAC is a quieter can, but the mounting system is archaic in comparison.

The recce 5 imo is the best 556 can out there period.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't really follow the suppressor market much, but taper mounts are now the new hotness, and AAC coarse thread mounts are the old busted?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET