Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Good luck with the Christmas shopping brother.
    The kids are done but I still have to get for the Mrs....

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the expensive one for me.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Likewise...

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    stahhhppppppp

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    stahhhppppppp
    There maybe a limited run of about 50 of these for sale. Stick an San Tan are talking, just have to see if there is enough interest to justify a run.

I'd love to see a WEVO run, but it's pretty expensive to pony up $450 for a Billet Receiver Set, just because it has a WEVO logo and custom serials.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    There maybe a limited run of about 50 of these for sale. Stick an San Tan are talking, just have to see if there is enough interest to justify a run.

I'd love to see a WEVO run, but it's pretty expensive to pony up $450 for a Billet Receiver Set, just because it has a WEVO logo and custom serials.
    $450?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I figured they'd be close to that. What's the going rate for a kidney?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I figured they'd be close to that. What's the going rate for a kidney?
    This is really one of the reasons why I've held off doing any kind of WEVO receivers. As the production would be low, and not many are willing to do low production numbers + Custom engravings and serial numbers.

San Tan has been fantastic, and makes a premium product, but a custom receiver set, that would appeal to a limited number of people in my opinion going to be a hard sell in this day and age of the $50 lower.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is really one of the reasons why I've held off doing any kind of WEVO receivers. As the production would be low, and not many are willing to do low production numbers + Custom engravings and serial numbers.

San Tan has been fantastic, and makes a premium product, but a custom receiver set, that would appeal to a limited number of people in my opinion going to be a hard sell in this day and age of the $50 lower.
    Yep I understand completely. It isn't for everyone and most people don't want to pony up the extra expense for quality. I'd love to own a San Tan set but it is hard to pay $450ish for a set when there are so many other options like the Joe Bob set I got yesterday for $216 shipped.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep I understand completely. It isn't for everyone and most people don't want to pony up the extra expense for quality. I'd love to own a San Tan set but it is hard to pay $450ish for a set when there are so many other options like the Joe Bob set I got yesterday for $216 shipped.
    I hear you.

I like the Joe Bob Receivers, but they aren't in the same league or planet as the San Tan's in all honesty. BUT... still a hard sell as the JBO receiver still work and fire and for most, that's really all that's going to matter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear you.

I like the Joe Bob Receivers, but they aren't in the same league or planet as the San Tan's in all honesty. BUT... still a hard sell as the JBO receiver still work and fire and for most, that's really all that's going to matter.
    Agreed they are not! So when are you send me your set?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like you said, that assuming they don't want a forged set for much cheaper.

But I think it's like someone said, for a custom .45 for $35k - comes down to level of appreciation.

I'd still love a set (for the record).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed they are not! So when are you send me your set?
    LOL... well I do have like 3 other lowers I'm not using.

There's another point too on the San Tan's, the value is in the ambi features. If you're not going to use the ambi features, you likely won't see the value.

$289 MSRP for a Standard STT-15

But then you have to realize that how many other fully ambi lowers are on the market and at what price point? They are much higher, especially when you think of say, KAC.

If you took another Billet Receiver with an Ambi Bolt Catch, you're still going to have to add another $70-80 for a Norgon Magazine release.

The STT-15 also requires only a trigger, a safety selector, and take down pins to finish, saving you the cost of a lower parts kit. Most of us swap out triggers nowadays, so I'm always buying LPK's without triggers.

In the end, it's not really competing in the $50 market, but to most a lower is a lower, unless you see the value.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed and very true. That is a big plus! Especially since I shoot southpaw!