Downloads
    Uploads

Geissele Automatics Super Reaction Rod

Geissele is just pumping out the new product announcements today:

Next New Product- The Super Reaction Rod

The Geissele Super Reaction Rod was designed to fulfill the need of an advanced armorer who frequently works on AR15/M4 platforms with over torqued, seized or Loctited barrel nuts. The Super Reaction Rod works by pre-loading the barrel extension lugs to the lugs of the Super Reaction Rod to eliminate movement created by adding torque to the barrel nut while at the same time fixing the upper receiver in place. Having the barrel extension mated to the Super Reaction Rod lugs and fixing the upper receiver before torqueing will remove stress that could be placed on the index pin. This allows the armorer to place tremendous torque on the barrel nut to assist in breaking seized nuts loose. The Super Reaction Rod’s pre-loading system can also be removed to allow it to work just like a standard Reaction Rod, which allows upper work to be performed in a 360° both vertically, and horizontally.

MSRP: $175

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks sweet, but I don't think I should ever need anything more than the original. Glad to see Bill and company are putting out a lot more product though.

With all these sweet tools recently released, and recently announced, I think WEVO should have a tool lending program. Who ever wants to use the tools pays shipping back and forth to and from its rightful owner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need one of these. I frequently get asked to work on uppers with over-torqued everything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I need one of these. I frequently get asked to work on uppers with over-torqued everything.
    Well if you have a standard reaction rid I'll buy that one and you can get the new one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The worst one I've done was my dads 10 year old bushmaster, and it didn't need more that a little bit of "ass" put into it. Granted the ratio of rifles you build to the amount I build is probably 50:1

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Granted the ratio of rifles you build to the amount I build is probably 50:1
    Wouldn't it be nice if funding could provide you otherwise?

I do like that purple vice though ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing like addressing the poor design of the original afters its been out for how long? The Reaction Block is an amazing waste of of metal and money but... He'll sell thousands of these things and laugh all the way to the bank.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Gale View Post
    Nothing like addressing the poor design of the original afters its been out for how long? The Reaction Block is an amazing waste of of metal and money but... He'll sell thousands of these things and laugh all the way to the bank.
    You ever wake up on the other side of the bed?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just want Mk.1's to be back in production.

Downloads
    Uploads
    UW, do you have a friend in the machining industry? If so, it would be pretty simple to "upgrade" your existing one. Maybe an hour or so. Three if you help.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so pissed now. I literally just ordered my G. kit and it's still on backorder, think they'd let me re-nig on that so I could upgrade the reaction rod to this newer version??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty trick design, but my regular Reaction Rod will serve me just fine. Even if it doesn't pre-load the barrel extension lugs to the lugs of the rod, that vast majority of the torque loading is still applied to the barrel extension and not the index pin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I'm so pissed now. I literally just ordered my G. kit and it's still on backorder, think they'd let me re-nig on that so I could upgrade the reaction rod to this newer version??
    I'd give them a call, they've worked with me before.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    I just want Mk.1's to be back in production.
    DSG Arms still has some MK1's in-stock and on sale.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Torque wrench, what's that?"

On a little more serious note, from what I am seeing all this does is "clamp" the upper receiver to the Reaction Rod to keep it from moving back and forth along the length of the rod? Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Gaspipeshooter; 9 January 2015 at 05:23.