Downloads
    Uploads

7.62 NATO Surplus Ammo?

I'm trying to find deals on surplus 7.62 X 51 NATO ammo. All I can seem to find is the "Prizi" Siberian Stuff. I've searched for U.S. NATO or other "quality" surplus ammo. Also looking to find the equivalent of "green tip" if it's available. I've recently completed my AR-10 and want to buy some discounted bulk surplus to wring it out with.

Thanks,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck. I usually shoot the Federal white box but even that is hard to find in bulk. I just picked up 1000 rounds of this. Shot well and seemed even cleaner than the Federal.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produc...l-308-762-nato

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I'm trying to find deals on surplus 7.62 X 51 NATO ammo. All I can seem to find is the "Prizi" Siberian Stuff. I've searched for U.S. NATO or other "quality" surplus ammo. Also looking to find the equivalent of "green tip" if it's available. I've recently completed my AR-10 and want to buy some discounted bulk surplus to wring it out with.

Thanks,

FT
    The Privi stuff isn't bad for what it is. I've shot it out of my temperamental M1A and thought maybe something was wrong, but then I shot it out of my SR-25 and it grouped incredibly well (albeit at 100 yards, not farther out). Easily 1.5-ish MOA if not better after 8-10 shots. The gun can shoot better than that, so given the ammo and the shooter (me), I thought that was pretty good performance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    The Privi stuff isn't bad for what it is. I've shot it out of my temperamental M1A and thought maybe something was wrong, but then I shot it out of my SR-25 and it grouped incredibly well (albeit at 100 yards, not farther out). Easily 1.5-ish MOA if not better after 8-10 shots. The gun can shoot better than that, so given the ammo and the shooter (me), I thought that was pretty good performance.
    Maybe I'll just get some. You know how it goes, it might shoot 1" in one gun and 3" in another. The only way to go is to reload to the specific gun. I have to wait until I purchase the condo, to set my bench back up though. What a PITA!. Anyway, I'm just going to "target" shoot with it now, so if I can get under 2" at 100 yds will do for now. Thanks to both of you.

FT.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    LC m80 is my preferred bulk ammo for 308. Can normally find it for 60 cents a shot

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try Ammoseek.com - that will search all sorts of places for you for 7.62x51

I took a quick look and there has to be at least 20 manufacturers listed.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.