Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Medical bag/pack

So wasn't sure where to put this so I'll try here.

I was asked a while back as a medic what I would carry in a medical/ first responder bag. It made me realize that I really wasn't prepared as I should be. I had a few minor supplies in my truck but nothing to note. So I decoded to get the ball rolling.

Here is the bag I picked up from the gun show over the weekend for $30. It's called a First Responder bag lol. Has several pouches and zippers to store all that you will see below.

So here is the pic of everything in the bag that I have. I'm only missing a few things that I haven't picked up. Those items are an aserman chest seal, king and flashlight.

Items included are -

- 2" Ace Wrap
    - 4"Ace Wrap
    - 3" tape
    - 1" tape
    - ½" tape
    - Combat Tourniquet
    - Combat Gauze
    - Bee sting relief
    - Ammonia inhalant
    - Hand Sanitizer
    - 2" roll Gauze
    - 4" Roll Gauze
    - Sterile 4x4's
    - 1:10,000 Cardiac Epinepherine PFS
    - 1:1:1000 Epi ( like Epipen) vial
    - 50mg Benadryl vial
    - 2-22 guage IV's
    - 2-20 guage IV's
    - 2-18 guage IV's
    - 1000cc bag of Normal Saline
    - 2 IV Start packs
    - 2 -" extensions for IV's
    - 2 prefilled 10cc syringes
    - 3-3cc syringes
    - 2-1cc syringes
    - 2-10cc syringes
    - 15cc drop set
    - cold pack
    - hot pack
    - biohoop vomit bag
    - lubricating Jelly
    - 2-Triangle Bandages
    - ABD(combine) pads
    - all sizes oral airway adjusts

Any questions just ask but this is a pretty good med bag to cover most emergencies very well. Hope this helps some of you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where's the super glue?

Nice thread man, very helpful

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Where's the super glue?

Nice thread man, very helpful
    Meh I guess it would come in handy lol. Yea other than the items mentioned I still need it's complete. I also want to find a cheap 9mm to throw in the bag instead of my Glock. Never have enough guns lol.

I hope this helps someone at least get them in the general direction of what you could/would carry for same. There may be other items of personal preference but to me this will cover just about anything I need too...

Downloads
    Uploads
    My kit is pretty pathetic, remnants of an old kit from REI and some odds and ends. I noticed that many items on your list should or could only be used by a trained medic. If you feel like it, could you trim that list to a more realistic kit for non-medics? I'm thinking of just buying a new kit from REI, but a lot of the stuff they include can be purchased cheaper at the local CVS drug store. The most recent first responder class I had was about 10 or 12 years ago, and most recent MIL training (and very rudimentary) was probably in the early 90's. So there are a lot of things I wouldn't dare try on an injured person, unless it was obvious that death was imminent.

Or should I just say screw it and just go pick up another new kit from REI?

Thanks,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT- Other then the medications and IV supplies most could easily be used by the average person. The airway adjuncts are very easy to use but would require a some minor training. I'll so probably add some nasal airways too hair to have invade the "airway adjuncts" don't work.

The rest of the list could be obtained from CVS or similar but a prebuilt kit always helps. As always if you have a question on a specific item let me know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    FT- Other then the medications and IV supplies most could easily be used by the average person. The airway adjuncts are very easy to use but would require a some minor training. I'll so probably add some nasal airways too hair to have invade the "airway adjuncts" don't work.

The rest of the list could be obtained from CVS or similar but a prebuilt kit always helps. As always if you have a question on a specific item let me know.
    EDIT: I'll highlight Trained medic items Tomorrow on red!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great post. $30 for a bag that holds all that is impressive. By chance do you have a photo of the gear in the bag? I'm curious how it all fits. I've been rethinking my own work kit, which does not have nearly as much in it, but I'm not medic trained and my needs are most likely different. For me, I would omit all syringes, meds, IV's, saline, airway, KY, hot/cold packs, bio bag and I would add in a couple Israeli bandages, z-fold gauze packs and another TQ.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Great post. $30 for a bag that hold all that is impressive. By chance do you have a photo of the gear in the bag? I'm curious how it all fits. I've been rethinking my own work kit, which does not have nearly as much in it, but I'm not medic trained and my needs are most likely different. For me, I would omit all syringes, meds, IV's, saline, airway, KY, hot/cold packs, bio bag and I would add in a couple Israeli bandages, z-fold gauze packs and another TQ.
    Actually the pic of the bag has everything in it. I'll take another pic or two from different angles so you can see it's all in. I actually still have the front two compartments empty. I could put other items if I needed too. For the time being I have my 19 in there...

I do agree that every person would take away a few items or adds things they think would best suit them. We used to carry quick clot like the Z-fold you're talking about. We found the combat gauze, similar to the Israeli bandage, works very well. I've used it a couple times with good results.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Meh I guess it would come in handy lol. Yea other than the items mentioned I still need it's complete. I also want to find a cheap 9mm to throw in the bag instead of my Glock. Never have enough guns lol.

I hope this helps someone at least get them in the general direction of what you could/would carry for same. There may be other items of personal preference but to me this will cover just about anything I need too...
    You do know as a first responder you are eligible for Glock Blue Label pricing right?
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    You do know as a first responder you are eligible for Glock Blue Label pricing right?
    Yep!! Got a 26 BL!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like it. Now to get me a bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Almost started another thread... almost!

This is my Aid Pack with attached IFAK, which can be transferred to a drop leg. It's packed with all the standard stuff in Chinook modules along with spare mags and some survival gear. I'm far to lazy to drag it all back out and snap a photo, so there's a pile pic. The glue is in the M&M pouch down below, It also has boo-boo kits and a snivel kit, or pussy pouch, whichever name you know it by.

Edit: I did get my combat gauze replaced with proper Z-fold stuff recently. Got pill packs with brand-new Cipro, but no fluids. I start locks and that's it. Missing from the pics is my Littman I've had forever and have had re-tubed 3 times. No BP cuff because its not a medical bag. If you don't have a radial pulse, you need more than lil ol' me.

Last edited by Joelski; 3 October 2015 at 21:05.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads

Medical bag/pack

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Almost started another thread... almost!

This is my Aid Pack with attached IFAK, which can be transferred to a drop leg. It's packed with all the standard stuff in Chinook modules along with spare mags and some survival gear. I'm far to lazy to drag it all back out and snap a photo, so there's a pile pic. The glue is in the M&M pouch down below, It also has boo-boo kits and a snivel kit, or pussy pouch, whichever name you know it by.

Edit: I did get my combat gauze replaced with proper Z-fold stuff recently. Got pill packs with brand-new Cipro, but no fluids. I start locks and that's it. Missing from the pics is my Littman I've had forever and have had re-tubed 3 times. No BP cuff because its not a medical bag. If you don't have a radial pulse, you need more than lil ol' me.

Nice. I really dig your setup

Medical is one thing I'm lacking in but would like to get together to have in the truck with me.

What pack is that your running?
    Last edited by DutyUse; 3 October 2015 at 21:45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    .511 RUSH 72. I chose it over the STOMP Medic bag for the extra room for additional gear.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a question for the professionals... what about sutures? Needle and thread or whatever? Would that be a good thing to have in a bag like this?

Quick story... when I was a kid a few friends were on a fishing trip and one of the people got out of the boat in about waist deep water. Long story short the prop hit his leg and gashed the holy hell out of it. They cleaned the wound and stitched him up right in the field.

I also personally have a battle scar to this day that was from something that should have been stitched but wasn't able to be done in a timely manner. So what about stitches? Good idea or no?

Also on a side note several things on the list above I wouldn't have the first idea what to do with. I would actually like to have a simple medical kit but truth is I don't know jack schitt about any of it hence that is what deters me from it for the most part.