Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Here is a question for the professionals... what about sutures? Needle and thread or whatever? Would that be a good thing to have in a bag like this?

Quick story... when I was a kid a few friends were on a fishing trip and one of the people got out of the boat in about waist deep water. Long story short the prop hit his leg and gashed the holy hell out of it. They cleaned the wound and stitched him up right in the field.

I also personally have a battle scar to this day that was from something that should have been stitched but wasn't able to be done in a timely manner. So what about stitches? Good idea or no?

Also on a side note several things on the list above I wouldn't have the first idea what to do with. I would actually like to have a simple medical kit but truth is I don't know jack schitt about any of it hence that is what deters me from it for the most part.
    I'm not sure about where you live but in my neck of the woods a couple times a year our local hospital puts on free trauma classes, mostly meant for first responders but I've seen some regular folks attend as well. It might be worth calling around

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's a good deal more to wound closure that having at it with some vycryl and a needle driver. Stern strips, and butterfly closures are a far better alternative and carry less chance of missed infection and tendon damage.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!