Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That will look pretty good with the Saker on there. I'd love to see a shot of the whole upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted a pic of the entire weapon in the NFA gallery

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    Pics of how the final hand guard and barrel configuration worked out. Noveske 10.5" with a KAC 10" URX 4.

There is between 1-2mm overlap but the Saker will fit inside the hand guard so this shouldn't be a problem.

Ps, I know the picture is out of focus but I'm to lazy to take another

That looks nice what is the inside diameter of the urx 4? I wonder if an AAC 762-SDN-6 would work set up like that?
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads

10.5 BA barrel w/ 10" ALG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted a pic of the entire weapon in the NFA gallery
    Didn't realize I was looking at the same rifle.

That really looks good. I like the URX with the Vltor upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The inner diameter of the URX is 1.55" and the diameter of the Saker is 1.5"

A person at silencerco said that they've mounted a Saker inside a URX 4, so it should be g2g.

Don't know about the dimensions of the SDN. But even if the Saker and SND had identical dimensions, I think a Saker would be easier to mount and un-mount. You more or less unscrew a Saker to remove it and with the SND you would have to activate a latch to free the teeth, and that might be hard or impossible to do when you are talking about .05" of space to work with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The inner diameter of the URX is 1.55" and the diameter of the Saker is 1.5"

A person at silencerco said that they've mounted a Saker inside a URX 4, so it should be g2g.

Don't know about the dimensions of the SDN. But even if the Saker and SND had identical dimensions, I think a Saker would be easier to mount and un-mount. You more or less unscrew a Saker to remove it and with the SND you would have to activate a latch to free the teeth, and that might be hard or impossible to do when you are talking about .05" of space to work with.
    Thank you I think I may have to wait until I have the can in hand until I buy a rail hope it clears soon. That is a Damn nice rifle you have!
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads
    just closing the loop on this thread.

I expected the Saker to nestle inside the hand guard by 1-2mm but as you can see, it sits about 1mm above the end of the rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    just closing the loop on this thread.

I expected the Saker to nestle inside the hand guard by 1-2mm but as you can see, it sits about 1mm above the end of the rail.
    Not a big URX 4 fan myself, but that looks good with the saker. Are you going to use KAC keymod panel covers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Not a big URX 4 fan myself, but that looks good with the saker. Are you going to use KAC keymod panel covers?
    Wasn't planning on using panel covers at all actually. The mat/rough texture is grippy enough for me now, and I figure that by the time the keymod holes get messed up enough to be out of spec, some new handguard hotness will be the on the market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wasn't planning on using panel covers at all actually. The mat/rough texture is grippy enough for me now, and I figure that by the time the keymod holes get messed up enough to be out of spec, some new handguard hotness will be the on the market.
    Well let me know if you want to try out some KAC Keymod covers. I've got a package collecting dust over here... and a wife breathing down my neck to clean out my parts bins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Well let me know if you want to try out some KAC Keymod covers. I've got a package collecting dust over here... and a wife breathing down my neck to clean out my parts bins.
    lol. will do. thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a similar question, that maybe someone can answer...

12.5" Noveske barrel, Daniel Defense Lite Rail III 12.0, Saker/Omega Mount?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET