Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is my 9.5" MK4 with my 10.5" Aero Precision barrel.

Last edited by CarbonScoring; 3 January 2015 at 00:00.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    Here is my 9.5" MK4 with my 10.5" Aero Precision barrel.

CS, loving that rifle. I have a MK2 in 9.5 somewhere, and it's time to build it up after seeing this beauty. Well Done!

Downloads
    Uploads

Handguard clearance w/ Noveske 10.2"?

Wow Carbon, just wow. Everything I've seen of yours I've been throughly impressed by! :D

Don't answer if you don't want but you've peaked my curiosity ...Do you shoot photos professionally for manufactures?
    Last edited by DutyUse; 25 December 2014 at 01:40.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    CS, loving that rifle. I have a MK2 in 9.5 somewhere, and it's time to build it up after seeing this beauty. Well Done!
    Thanks UW. I wasn't sure if I'd like the 9.5" MK4 as much as my 13", but I have to say it's easily as nice as, if not more comfortable. It's also my first Vltor MUR and I'm thoroughly impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Wow Carbon, just wow. Everything I've seen of yours I've been throughly impressed by! :D

Don't answer if you don't want but you've peaked my curiosity ...Do you shoot photos professionally for manufactures?
    I appreciate that. Right now it's just a hobby. Maybe one day....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    Thanks UW. I wasn't sure if I'd like the 9.5" MK4 as much as my 13", but I have to say it's easily as nice as, if not more comfortable. It's also my first Vltor MUR and I'm thoroughly impressed.

I appreciate that. Right now it's just a hobby. Maybe one day....
    I see that you've got a FB page now. That should make it easier for me to direct certain people to take a look at the type of work you're able to do. Make sure you keep consistently adding content, even when your "likes" are just getting started.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I flinched before the Geissele was shipped and swapped it out for a 10" URX 4. If everything works out, I think it will solve the anxiety I'm having over the handguard clearance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see that you've got a FB page now. That should make it easier for me to direct certain people to take a look at the type of work you're able to do. Make sure you keep consistently adding content, even when your "likes" are just getting started.
    I've been trying to be very regular with the uploads, usually every day or two.

Thanks for the support too, it's really encouraging knowing others like what I do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To the OP... Are you sure it's really a 10.2" and not a 10.5"? A lot of places didn't update their sites when Noveske changed the length and they're stilling selling 10.2" advertised lengths which are really 10.5".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    To the OP... Are you sure it's really a 10.2" and not a 10.5"? A lot of places didn't update their sites when Noveske changed the length and they're stilling selling 10.2" advertised lengths which are really 10.5".
    Holy crap your right. Just looked at the box and it has 10.5" written on the side. Kinda disappointed that Rainier sold it as a 10.2" barrel.

At least that explains why I thought I forgot how to do basic math the other day, and I was getting different numbers between real measurements and manufacturer measurements.

Anyhoo, the way things are working out now, the KAC rail should overlap the muzzle device by about .2" in the rear. Not a big deal since it will still give enough clearance for the break's porting, and the inner diameter of the URX 4 is large enough to hold the 7.62 Saker.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    Holy crap your right. Just looked at the box and it has 10.5" written on the side. Kinda disappointed that Rainier sold it as a 10.2" barrel.

At least that explains why I thought I forgot how to do basic math the other day, and I was getting different numbers between real measurements and manufacturer measurements.

Anyhoo, the way things are working out now, the KAC rail should overlap the shoulder of the barrel by about .2" Not a big deal since it will still give enough clearance for the ports on the side of the muzzle defice, and the inner diameter of the URX 4 is large enough to hold the 7.62 Saker.
    Figures... The sad part is I've told Rainier twice now that they have the wrong length on both their old site and their new site. One time the guy wanted to argue it out even after I explained to him why they only make 10.5" lengths now and he still insisted it was 10.2" so I had him go measure for himself and low and behold... 10.5". I expect more from a local company...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    Figures... The sad part is I've told Rainier twice now that they have the wrong length on both their old site and their new site. One time the guy wanted to argue it out even after I explained to him why they only make 10.5" lengths now and he still insisted it was 10.2" so I had him go measure for himself and low and behold... 10.5". I expect more from a local company...
    Yeah! You tell'em!

LOL... I immediately thought of your earlier rant when I saw schambers had written he got a 10.5" instead of a 10.2" ... que Ordnance in 3...2....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah! You tell'em!

LOL... I immediately thought of your earlier rant when I saw schambers had written he got a 10.5" instead of a 10.2" ... que Ordnance in 3...2....
    Lol... I just don't get it with those guys. They have a GREAT branding and it used to be if you had a question and needed real help you went to them. Now, I wouldn't trust them with a hi-point. I'm going to take your advice and send an email so I can meet with someone to go over all the shit that I worry they don't know is happening. If after that they choose to continue with the same BS I told you about awhile back then it's on them and they'll have to deal with it. Although I still have doubts it will matter since I think they believe they're perfect and we should just be thankful...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since we're here... Noveske went to 10.5" because they're being cheap. They already produce a 10.5" 5.56 barrel so they figured out it would be cheaper to cut the 300 BO the same length at the same time as the 5.56 barrels. Doesn't matter that John developed it and came up with the lengths he did because it was the most optimal. No instead they figure it would be cheaper for them of course they still charge the premium price and even went so far as to increase dealer cost as well so they can make even more. Hell, they screwed over several dealers who had back orders and when the order was ready they told them they wouldn't honor the dealer pricing when they made the order and if they still wanted the order they'd have to pay the new increased pricing. I have the Noveske 10.5", but I only have it because I was given a great deal on it and Seekin's doesn't pin his barrel. I'm all about "Buy once, cry once" and quality, but when corners start getting cut and CS drops... They better remember that the market is growing and there are a lot of competitors out there gunning for them but they don't have the driving force behind their innovation anymore which was a loss to the entire shooting community...

Rant over... Bah...

Downloads
    Uploads
    The CMR is more like 9.5"

Here's an example of a CMR 9.5" on a 10.3" DD Barrel

That is some serious sexiness right there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pics of how the final hand guard and barrel configuration worked out. Noveske 10.5" with a KAC 10" URX 4.

There is between 1-2mm overlap but the Saker will fit inside the hand guard so this shouldn't be a problem.

Ps, I know the picture is out of focus but I'm to lazy to take another