Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i skip my b day and black friday this year

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guys - really sorry about the health issues, hope things take a turn for the better soon.

We just retired and bought a Neighborhood Cruiser - not exactly a Black Friday sale item though.

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Guys - really sorry about the health issues.

We just retired and bought a Neighborhood Cruiser

need some spinners on dose rims lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guys - really sorry about the health issues, hope things take a turn for the better soon.

We just retired and bought a Neighborhood Cruiser - not exactly a Black Friday sale item though.

That'll be perfect for cruising the wrinkle ranch!

All it needs is a gun rack

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL - too funny.

Actually, a full size 1911 fits in the glove box.

"wrinkle ranch" ------- how did you know where we moved to ????
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL - too funny.

Actually, a full size 1911 fits in the glove box.

"wrinkle ranch" ------- how did you know where we moved to ????
    I'm watching you Jerry ....

lol not really, I live in Florida.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hell of a nice ride you got there. Love the mirror set up in it(sides and the wrap bar) Thing looks like it has some serious clearance.
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Sir - yup, had to put steps on it for Brenda - LOL - short stuff couldn't get in.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Sir - yup, had to put steps on it for Brenda - LOL - short stuff couldn't get in.
    Jerry, I was wondering what you were up to... and now we know. You've been spending all of your money on that golf cart on roids!

Congrats on retirement. I hope I make it there in good health, surrounded by many firearms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Jerry, I was wondering what you were up to... and now we know. You've been spending all of your money on that golf cart on roids!

Congrats on retirement. I hope I make it there in good health, surrounded by many firearms.
    Yessir, sorry for the neglect on here. Been absolutely swamped closing in Georgia, moving to Florida, unpacking and downsizing (not firearms). Hope to get back to full swing shortly.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    I picked up the Firstspear STT from SKD and thats sadly all.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    I picked up the Firstspear STT from SKD and thats sadly all.
    How are you liking it? The stt or Strandhogg has been on my need list for awhile now

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    How are you liking it? The stt or Strandhogg has been on my need list for awhile now
    As of right now all I have done is put my plates in it and put it on and ran (mostly walked and jogged) a mile. I need to adjust it so it fits better but it’s very comfortable out of the box. My plates (AR500 plates) don’t seem to fit all the way into the plate pocket. Not sure if that’s because its designed to accept the swimmers cut style plates and mine are only the shooters cut or what. But i plan to add shoulder pads, the stock ones are surprisingly comfortable for the padding they have or lack thereof. i might also add the SKD pontoons. I was surprised at how small it was. I’m a decently big guy, 6'2" 240lbs with I believe a 48" chest if I remember my measurements, and it looks like a child’s plaything on me but its supposed to be a minimal type carrier. I too desperately wanted a Strandhogg and the price point made it hard to pull the trigger on. So i figured if I liked this one enough I would entertain the idea more of the strandhogg for a duty carrier for active shooter type situations. That’s all I got as of now until i get it rigged up and go out and play in it but im ultimately satisfied with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    As of right now all I have done is put my plates in it and put it on and ran (mostly walked and jogged) a mile. I need to adjust it so it fits better but it’s very comfortable out of the box. My plates (AR500 plates) don’t seem to fit all the way into the plate pocket. Not sure if that’s because its designed to accept the swimmers cut style plates and mine are only the shooters cut or what. But i plan to add shoulder pads, the stock ones are surprisingly comfortable for the padding they have or lack thereof. i might also add the SKD pontoons. I was surprised at how small it was. I’m a decently big guy, 6'2" 240lbs with I believe a 48" chest if I remember my measurements, and it looks like a child’s plaything on me but its supposed to be a minimal type carrier. I too desperately wanted a Strandhogg and the price point made it hard to pull the trigger on. So i figured if I liked this one enough I would entertain the idea more of the strandhogg for a duty carrier for active shooter type situations. That’s all I got as of now until i get it rigged up and go out and play in it but im ultimately satisfied with it.
    Have you tried donning it quickly under simulated stress? I have a suspicion the tubes system would aid tremendously compared to the old velcro crap.

I'm surprised a shooters cut isn't a perfect fit. I thought the FirstSpear stuff was designed for a medium esapi? I've never used ar500 but was under the impression they mimicked a medium plate in dimensions.

Either way good score!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Have you tried donning it quickly under simulated stress? I have a suspicion the tubes system would aid tremendously compared to the old velcro crap.

I'm surprised a shooters cut isn't a perfect fit. I thought the FirstSpear stuff was designed for a medium esapi? I've never used ar500 but was under the impression they mimicked a medium plate in dimensions.

Either way good score!
    I haven't tried too quickly as I'm still learning with it. Those plates are heavy! The STT is a pretty snug fit in the plate pocket not so much the width it's the cut if that makes sense. Up towards the should area is where there seems to be some play. I'll see if I can get some pictures.