Downloads
    Uploads

Food discussions - pictures not necessary

OK folks many of us hunt and cook.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, my dear wife and I have pretty much decimated a turkey. Tomorrow will be turkey and dumplings with mushroom sauce and white wine gravy. We were going to have Elk for Thanksgiving but I was given a free turkey. The lady who owns the business where I do 4 evenings of part time as a second job work each week gave a turkey to all her employees.

I took all the meat off the bones. Tomorrow we are having turkey and dumplings

Our freezer is still full of whitetail deer and elk. We'll get through this winter no problem.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With the amount of photog's we have on here, this will interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love cooking. It's another thing I just 'like to do'...I have been cooking since I was about 7 or 8 years old.

Downloads
    Uploads
    me and my step dad never like each other but some times he wood cook some good turkey

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the same idea for a thread like this but you beat me to it. I've been too busy with work, this should be good though as we all all like to eat. I will contribute to this for sure.

My family never cared much for turkey so we had a unconventional thanksgiving dinner that normally centered around fresh deer taken that morning when I was growing up. My wife's family has a very traditional thanksgiving, which is where we are every year. Good food but I still miss the old days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We were going to have elk for Thanksgiving, but we got given a turkey
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, dinner tonight was super. All the cut up turkey went in with a mushroom sauce that used almost an entire bottle of white wine. Rosemary, pepper and garlic. A couple potatoes cut up into it, the carrots came out wonderfully 'al dente', and the cornflower dumplings with basil were just great (I was surprised with that - never made dumplings with cornflour before).

mmmmmmmmmm