Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you were rich...

***This is a thread that is intended to be both fun and thought provoking.***

Here is the scenario: Money is absolutely no object. You just hit the powerball and you net out post tax a billion dollars. You can have ANYTHING you want that is currently legally able to be purchased...what would you have? The answers more or less can be a wish list of sorts... but explain a little why you want what you want (if you choose) otherwise just make a list.

(must be limited to firearms related items)

In no order...

I would build or have components for at least 50 AR15 builds of various configurations on hand with more to be added later. I probably wouldn't shoot or build all them up front but I would have spare parts for each at the very least and enough to supply friends just in case I decided to throw a party or try out a different configuration. None of this off the shelf stuff.
    Same for the AR10
    Suppressors on anything and everything. With spares and back ups just in case.
    Optics... I would have a wide selection including the latest gen of NV and thermal optics.
    Numerous configurations of shotguns
    Several types of .22 rifles.
    Remington 700
    .50 cal rifle
    Some big boom pistols .44 mag, .50 cal...
    I would have a wide variety of Sig Sauer pistols (if I hadn't already bought the company outright).
    I would invest in a small ammunition manufacturing facility capable of producing ammo of various calibers including brass.
    FN PS90, suppressed, fully auto possible... make that two.
    HK MP5 and MP40, two of each if possible.
    A full blown workshop with all the possibly needed tools, including a lathe, or whatever else I might need to machine barrels and/or other small parts or even to invest in some R&D (of course I would fund some class III research and development)
    1000 yard (minimum) private outdoor range and a luxury indoor pistol/rifle range with lanes that would go out to 200 yards (just in case it was raining). Of course the range would have all the bells and whistles such as ultra high speed cameras and the ability to measure and test ammo, set out ballistics gel, etc etc.
    Of course I would have full time gunsmiths on call and a few close friends hired to run the place, clean up brass, load mags for me, clean the guns when we are done, etc etc. Of course I would provide living quarters and a 401K. At least two people on site 24/7 rule.
    A big ass concrete bunker/safe.

That's my list so far...

Downloads
    Uploads
    For me. A big ranch with about a 1000 yard range right off my covered back porch. Multiple reactive targets and rifle rated poppers. A healthy amount of ammo, brass and one heck of a reloading station.

I wouldn't mind a nice configurable shoot house for training. But if I had a billion in the bank I probably wouldn't need to train as much as I do. I wouldn't be going through many doors. I would sponsor some training for the locals though.

As far as firearms a selection of Ar-15 and Ar10's with a nice 50 cal thrown in for kicks. I might even like a nice PKM you know for ground hogs

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have my own shop. Build custom rifles and NFA items. I would have lots of AR15's, I could go on and on about which ones, but my favorite weapon is the 240B, and I would have one, roof mounted on a lifted 85 Ram Charger with a full turret.

Sounds like fun.

I would also have tons of acreage, where I would host some off-the wall 3 gun matches, a full shoot house with reactive and moving targets, etc, etc, etc. I could go on all day.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    small house in 5 acres of land and have a hidden basement
    2 AR 15 in 300BLK
    2 AR 15 in 5.56
    2 AR 15 in .308
    2 AR 15 in .22lr
    2 Bolt Rifles in 5.56
    2 Bolt Rifles .308
    2 Bolt Rifles in .22lr
    2 Bolt rifles in 300blk
    3 Glock 19
    3 M&P 9
    2 1911 in .45
    2 1911 in 9mm
    2 MP5
    2 p90
    10 Mags for each rifle
    20 mags for each hand gun
    and suppressors for all of them

Downloads
    Uploads
    So basically we're thinking what would it be like to be Dan Bilzerian... minus the women...

Downloads
    Uploads
    First I would move from CA to a nice large ranch in Texas. I'd also buy land in Montana. I'd buy a really nice RV and build a modest house. Something around 3000 sf on both properties. Id also build a few smaller homes for my family. I'd build an underground "safe" room to add all the toys I would buy such as a transferable AR lower or 3, some suppressors and anything else that I want. I would donate a couple million to charities that benefit all guys and gals that have served our country, first responders and my church. No fancy cars, just a couple trucks for the ranches and equipment. Basically I would become a farmer. Of and I would build a blacksmith shop. I've always been fascinated by blacksmithing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skijunkie55 View Post
    So basically we're thinking what would it be like to be Dan Bilzerian... minus the women...
    lol yes

Downloads
    Uploads
    A nice big 1000++ acre ranch and a configurable shoot house would be good. :)

Definitely have some events or private parties (invite only) where me and the guys can go shooting and then cook out and relax afterwards. :)

And who says we have to be trashy like that Bilzerian guy? We can still have women though :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd get all our bills paid off,
    Lots of hay for my horse
    Plenty of ammo
    And, I'd fix my truck.
    Then, I'd set up a trust and get a Thompson .45
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I was rich I would setup a small trust fund for my kids, not so much they'd be worthless brats but enough so they'd be secure.

Then I would take the rest and split it between all the veterans and their families who are in need and who are obviously much more deserving of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    If I was rich I would setup a small trust fund for my kids, not so much they'd be worthless brats but enough so they'd be secure.

Then I would take the rest and split it between all the veterans and their families who are in need and who are obviously much more deserving of it.
    I'd certainly give a lot of money away too DutyUse.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    original Tommy Gun

and retirement
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would buy one case of .22 LR CCI Mini-mags.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would buy Colt and replace the the colt in the logo with a unicorn.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I already have most of the guns I want, but would have wall to wall walk-in safes for historic firearms. I'd hire some old SOG Vets to track down Stoners, Swedish K's and a chopped M60. A Quad mounted .50 cal in the back of a Deuce and a half for my SHTF bug-out truck. I'd make the current owner of Billy Gibbons' Cadzilla an offer he could not refuse.

Most fun though would be my new position as publisher of the Strib (our commie rag) running endless investigative reports exposing the lies and corruption of the Left. And so satisfying to get all my daily favorites in the expanded 4 page, full color comics section. Doonesbury and Mark Trail are finito.