View Poll Results: Who's Your Favorite AR-15 Manufacturer?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bravo Company

12 27.91%
  • Colt

2 4.65%
  • Knights Armament

3 6.98%
  • Rainier Arms

2 4.65%
  • Mega Arms

2 4.65%
  • Daniel Defense

2 4.65%
  • Lewis Machine & Tool

1 2.33%
  • FNH

0 0%
  • Noveske

3 6.98%
  • Yourself

16 37.21%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I voted "myself" but I use Mega receivers almost exclusively anymore. Like most everyone else though, I use them all. My current "go to" carbine is a Mega forged lower with DD LPK, Larue extension, LMT stock, BCM buffer and spring, quite the mutt. Upper is a factory BCM 12.5" so there's that...
    Last edited by Smac61; 12 December 2014 at 14:45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't bought a complete rifle so I don't have an opinion based in experience, I do find myself wanting a BCM based purely on the consistently positive feedback that is apparent everywhere and the overall quality\value of their offerings. They have an excellent CS reputation as well, just seems like they do it right. Of the three builds I have done, I am most impressed with the fit and finish of Mega stuff and if I were building another I would find it difficult to not use Mega receivers be they billet or forged, that stuff really is top shelf. Particularly for the forged stuff, it just feels like it should be much more expensive than it is to my senses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can only comment on components.

I can say I completely enjoyed thinking through a build. Putting it together was very enjoyable in and of itself.

I am very pleased with CMT Tactical, Rainier Arms, and SLR Rifle works. I talked to a rep from Rainier on the phone about my barrel of theirs and now I am even more convinced they have their crap together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    For a components I'm a really big fan of Battle Arms Developement. Their customer service is the best I've experienced period. I've got their BAD-15 lower as the start of my next build.
    Mine too. I'm on the list for one of the BAD-15s without the rollmark, so as soon as they get those in I'll start throwing another 300 BLK together. Really looking forward to seeing what they come out with next.

I picked myself for favorite builder, I've never purchased a complete rifle just because I'm so picky about parts and I'd be pissed off if I dropped a grand on a complete rifle and then had to swap out a bunch of components to get it where I wanted. If I did buy I complete rifle I'd probably go with Sionics or BCM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Been hearing a lot of good things about Sionics but have yet to get my hands on one. Their barrels look to be very nice for the price.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Larue tactical. All others need not apply.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seems really hard to go wrong with any of the options that are listed. For beginners I too recommend a Colt 6920. Not too expensive, and leaves plenty of room for purchasing good magazines and ammunition to work on marksmanship and weapon handling. When and if the user identifies a need or want based on the experience gained, they can add accessories or even buy another manufacturer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Larue tactical. All others need not apply.
    GA Precision, JP Enterprises, KAC, and boutique companies like Specialized Dynamics would disagree... I'm one of the few that has no issues saying he builds nice rifles but he is not the end all be all despite what Mark's over inflated ego thinks. His Customer Service is great until you question him and then he goes full retard. I'll put up any of the 4 I mentioned against any of Mark's offerings any day of the week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    GA Precision, JP Enterprises, KAC, and boutique companies like Specialized Dynamics would disagree... I'm one of the few that has no issues saying he builds nice rifles but he is not the end all be all despite what Mark's over inflated ego thinks. His Customer Service is great until you question him and then he goes full retard. I'll put up any of the 4 I mentioned against any of Mark's offerings any day of the week.
    I was making a typical ARF reply

Downloads
    Uploads
    it use to be spike but they stop bing spike a few years ago so I only go to buy small part abd that is it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Been hearing a lot of good things about Sionics but have yet to get my hands on one. Their barrels look to be very nice for the price.
    i'm REAL happy with my 11.5 upper!
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I was making a typical ARF reply
    LMAO... Thank God! Sorry dude, it's hard to detect sarcasm/humor in text sometimes. As you can tell... I'm not a fan of Mark.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not voting because I have AR's and AR parts from nearly all of those companies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Favorite receivers would have to be Seekins/Northtech Defense

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I am not voting because I have AR's and AR parts from nearly all of those companies.
    Way to ride the pine... lol