Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock upgrades?

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're not carrying, definitely go for the stipple. But if you're carrying, I would be careful where and how you stipple, or you will wear holes in clothes and skin.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post
    If you're not carrying, definitely go for the stipple. But if you're carrying, I would be careful where and how you stipple, or you will wear holes in clothes and skin.
    No carrying with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    ...minus connector, good sights, lots of ammo and training.
    Think I'm going with XS sights and have about 1000 rounds so far and I'll slowly build that up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I suggest good sights and as much ammo and mags as you can swing. I don't think anything else is really necessary. Be careful with the aftermarket internals. Many a Glock have been made unreliable from "upgrades".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ Nice! I just do in between the finger humps and the back strap with a little extra texture, and I sand the backstrap where it rubs into my fat.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post

That's one of the classiest 19's I've ever seen. Simple and functional upgrades. I really like it Carbon :D

Specs?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks.

The sights are 10-8, Tango Down/Vickers mag release and polished internals with an OEM Glock 17 trigger. Texturing was done by EMS Gripswerks and Cerakote by Atomic Tactical. Everything else is stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to do something, ever since doing the APEX kit and trigger on the M&P, which is just so much more ergo in the hands and now a blast to shoot with the improvements, i dont take anything else out lately..pistol wise

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post

I like the idea of the one side being left unstippled for carry.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome gun Carbon!

Still looking for insight on a light....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you changing parts just to change parts, or to achieve a goal?

On my carry Glocks I've tried quite a few of the various parts, pieces, and modifications and find most to be snake oil. I'm not a fan of stippling/cutting the frame, machining the slide, or any of that other nonsense. For me, changing the sights is a must (to Trijicon HDs with green front) and after that it's gravy. My particular gravy includes changing the trigger face to a smooth one (comes standard in the G17, but comes serrated in all G19 and smaller) as I find the serrated wears on my office sissy hands, installing the Vickers mag release and slide stop, and that's it. I currently have a few fancy triggers but found they didn't do anything to improve my accuracy or times, so I wouldn't bother with them int he future. They subjectively "feel better" to my hand but the timer and the target don't lie, "feelings" do.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads

Glock upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Are you changing parts just to change parts, or to achieve a goal?

On my carry Glocks I've tried quite a few of the various parts, pieces, and modifications and find most to be snake oil. I'm not a fan of stippling/cutting the frame, machining the slide, or any of that other nonsense. For me, changing the sights is a must (to Trijicon HDs with green front) and after that it's gravy. My particular gravy includes changing the trigger face to a smooth one (comes standard in the G17, but comes serrated in all G19 and smaller) as I find the serrated wears on my office sissy hands, installing the Vickers mag release and slide stop, and that's it. I currently have a few fancy triggers but found they didn't do anything to improve my accuracy or times, so I wouldn't bother with them int he future. They subjectively "feel better" to my hand but the timer and the target don't lie, "feelings" do.
    I look at it as upgrading. I'm doing the connector and slide stop right now as well as adding a light. Still on the fence about stippling although I may go at it later on. This is my first Glock that I wanted to mod and was wondering what most people suggest doing, hence this thread.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I am changing the sights also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I upgrade the sights and that's it. Glocks are pretty good right out of the box. I'm a Glock certified armorer and I've seen a fair share of "upgrades" that did absolutely nothing for the gun. Whatever turns your crank I guess.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a few M3's and like it just fine, but I have been really wanting an Inforce APL.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic