Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now my wife wants one.

I took my wife to the range for the first time in years and she got to shoot the rifle I built. Now she wants one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You say this like it's a bad thing...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Must be the weather. My wife and I are both off the week between Christmas and New Year and she asked me to take her to the range while we were off. It will be her first time a range and shooting pistols and centerfire long guns...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
    I took my wife to the range for the first time in years and she got to shoot the rifle I built. Now she wants one.

This is a great thing. I love going to the range with my wife.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    Must be the weather. My wife and I are both off the week between Christmas and New Year and she asked me to take her to the range while we were off. It will be her first time a range and shooting pistols and centerfire long guns...
    I love going to the range with Comp. This might be a very good thing for both of you. Get them into it and 1. They learn to protect themselves, less worry for you 2. They start wanting guns and gun parts and ammo and you see where I'm going with this :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no I am very happy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would jump on getting/making her one ASAP - but at the very least start making trips to the range with her a more common thing. I did that once my wife saw the fun of shooting suppressed, and so far she has not bitched about the other suppressors.... waiting on #5 to clear!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    darn I need a wife now lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the same boat. My wife decided last year that she wanted to really get into shooting. She grew up around guns and had come out to the range with me a couple of times, but she decided to take it further. She had a good year last year: 2 pistols and an AR. She's thinking about a pistol for her next AR build. It'll be her first actual build. I personally love that we can share this. I have to admit, it's pretty hot to see her checking out guns and gear online...

Downloads
    Uploads
    My wife, about 25 years ago, surprised me by telling me, out of the blue, that she was taking the NRA Basic Pistol course. She said that if there were going to be guns in our home, she should learn how to handle and use them safely. She has gone on to take CCW and several personal defense courses since then and does go to the range with me about once a month to practice. By no means is she a gun enthusiast, which makes me admire her all the more because she does all that with a sense of responsibility that owning a gun and carrying it requires that she be good at it. She has no interest in rifles and has never shot one. Likewise, she has no interest in shooting any other firearm I own, but she practices a lot with her PPS and she's very good at it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My wife shoots some with me, but usually pistols. She carries a Bersa .380, but usually likes the Kimber TLE II Pro. She does very well.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You say this like it's a bad thing...
    right? thats like being depressed that your wife wants you to put off the home improvements she's been wanting to go out and buy that truck/car/bike you've been wanting

plus this is the point where you build the gun you want, then tell her after shooting it you think the one you already had would be a much better option for her, lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    This sounds like the perfect reason to start a new build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now she wants one.
    Hope she doesn't hijack your build and keep at as her own haha.

But seriously good to hear - now you don't need to go off making excuses of buying ... stuffs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love the video I have of my wife shooting my AR for the first time. She yelled "holy sh!t" and could not get over how much fun it is.