Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update 1/4/15... Really enjoying this gun. My round count is 220 now, five types of ammunition included, temps from 95F to -5F, not a single issue, groups started tightening up with ~30-40 rounds down the tube. Now that it's broken in and I have a brass pile going its time to start working up some handloads, and when it warms up a little I'll post more accuracy and chronograph results. The modified trigger and stock are working out great, the stock would be even more ideal if my scope didn't have such long eye relief... it's over 4" at some magnifications, so sometimes I find myself an inch or so inside the ideal range shooting offhand. I am unable to move the scope forward more without milling the mount to clear the ocular lens's lock ring. No other changes to report besides picking up a spare magazine from Ruger using their 20% discount offer for filling out the owner notification card.

Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    Outkast,

I might be wrong but I thought you mentioned earlier that you worked on/sanded down the stock a bit, to remove the line that was createed form the plastic molding process. Do you mind posting some detailed pics of how it turned out, and maybe a brief description of the process? I would like to clean up a shotgun stock that I recently acquired
    Yes I sure did, although I don't have any before/after photos. I simply take 600-800 grit dry sandpaper to carefully knock down raised spots and sharp edges, then clean it up with finer (1,000-1,200 grit) to hide any sanding marks. Sand lightly and take your time... keep in mind there's not much you can do with stocks that have a lot of texture molded in, because your sanded areas will be smoother than the rest of the stock and look weird up close.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 4 January 2015 at 12:50.
    Let my last thought not be, "if only I had my gun..."