Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

AAC Honey Badger is Coming to Market

From www.gearscout.com

Remington Outdoor Company Tactical Accessories Director Jeff Still and Senior Product Manager for silencers, Carlos Martinez confirmed Advanced Armament will bring the Honey Badger to the commercial market. They hinted at a release around the 2015 NRA annual show, but didn’t offer a price or an exact configuration. They did show the semi-auto version of the 300 AAC Blackout carbine shown above with AAC’s new Squaredrop handguard, though. The new handguard attaches to the barrel nut using a turnbuckle.

The below is the new Squaredop which is Keymod compatible.

http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2...t/#prettyPhoto
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if this stock will be available separate? I like the looks of the cheek weld better than the NEA/Troy offerings.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

I thought I saw a comment where someone suggested there was no buffer tube. The photos suggest integration with the upper. I'm guessing you'd need the whole upper.

That said, I'd love me a HB upper on top of an SBR'd AX556. I even have one lower left that I haven't built out..... hmmmm....

-john
    Last edited by bzdog; 10 December 2014 at 05:31.

Downloads
    Uploads
    a hundred years later....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty sure the Honey Badger is modified to be bufferless

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tlw613sp View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Honey Badger is modified to be bufferless
    Buffer is probably integrated into the bolt carrier like it is in the NEA and Troy PDW stocks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshAston View Post
    Buffer is probably integrated into the bolt carrier like it is in the NEA and Troy PDW stocks
    ^ this. My NEA gas key is poorly staked though. hopefully it holds up. Overall, im not impressed with my NEA but i do love it. It does exactly what i wanted.

release button was rusted out of the box
    gas key is staked horrendously
    the BCG has machining lines on it. Ive never seen those on a bolt before. good/bad? i have no idea.
    roll pin that holds the rear stock plate on fell out (found it luckily)
    finish is just terrible. It's like a dark gray that doesnt even remotely match most of the generic blacks so i had to have the whole gun cerakoted.

honeybadger looks sick!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    ^ this. My NEA gas key is poorly staked though. hopefully it holds up. Overall, im not impressed with my NEA but i do love it. It does exactly what i wanted.

release button was rusted out of the box
    gas key is staked horrendously
    the BCG has machining lines on it. Ive never seen those on a bolt before. good/bad? i have no idea.
    roll pin that holds the rear stock plate on fell out (found it luckily)
    finish is just terrible. It's like a dark gray that doesnt even remotely match most of the generic blacks so i had to have the whole gun cerakoted.

honeybadger looks sick!
    The MVB industries ARC stock is a much better stock than the NEA and only 399. It also works with piston and DI.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't see the market for it. A two stamp carbine is going to be a hard sell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The market will most likely not be that big for the Honey Badger, but the market for it's components could be huge. This may be a launching point for their receivers, hand guards and stock.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Gale View Post
    I can't see the market for it. A two stamp carbine is going to be a hard sell.
    Unless they redesigned it, it's three stamps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless they redesigned it, it's three stamps.
    In the picture of the new one the third pin hole does not appear to be drilled out.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    In the picture of the new one the third pin hole does not appear to be drilled out.
    That would negate the SBR stamp and make it illegal for mere mortals. I was referring to the integral suppressor though. SBR and two suppressor stamps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That would negate the SBR stamp and make it illegal for mere mortals. I was referring to the integral suppressor though. SBR and two suppressor stamps.
    I'm confused, why does it need 3 stamps instead of 2? I thought it was either integrally suppressed or detachable, didn't know it could be both? I know the Daniel Defense ISR is integrally suppressed, but it's also over 16" and only needs 1 stamp. I thought the Honey Badger's can was detachable?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even if the Honey Badger is integrally suppressed wouldn't you still need 2 stamps? 1 for it being under 16" and 1 for it being suppressed?
    flickr
    facebook