Downloads
    Uploads

Online dryfire Drills

I am a firm believer in dry fire drills.

I use them for pistol, precision rifle and carbine on a regular basis. I admit I favor pistol and carbine drills to precision. Mostly because I don't do a whole lot of long range precision shooting anymore.

A while back I was sent a link for online dry fire drills. Being a sucker for any kind of training especially free training I checked it out.

The link has a Dot transition drill, Swinging target which is adjustable, a Target tracking and a Draw at the beep. I hook a laptop up to my TV and use them as an addition to regular fire drills.

I dry fire a lot so I picked up yellow training barrels for my pistols and an action for my AR. While not necessary it ensures I won't shoot my TV or anything else. I no longer dry fire without replacing the barrel or action unless I am on a live fire range.

While not the end all do all I can say without a doubt the practice has upped my game at the range. It also adds another dimension to the regular boring dry fire drills.

http://www.predatortactical.com/cart...se_detail&id=5

Downloads
    Uploads
    I set up the laserlyte targets at work. Made a nice kydex holster for the dryfire blue gun they have and also use my SIRT. It's great to see someone new use the laser. It's like following the bouncing ball.

Thanks for the link.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to divert the thread too much, but I've been looking into such drills too. I've lately been looking at the ball and dummy drill - still having problems with anticipation of the shoot (tend to lean forward).

My only concern with mix live and dummy rounds is getting a hangfire on a live round - mistaking it for a dummy round. Now, I've read that hangfires are extremely rare - but I figured I'd just double check here and see if you guys have anything to add about this.

Neat link by the way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a mix of live and dummy at the beginning of most live fire practices with my carbine. I haven't ran into a hang fire. Its always a possibility but I don't think I have ever had a hangfire. Or seen one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dry fire drills are a great way to practice with your concealed carry gun without actually firing a single round of ammo. Consistent dry fire practice will make you more prepared to defend yourself and your family.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well organized sections and useful micro drills. Includes everything for a really very well organized dry fire training. get-vidmate.com instagram saver
    Last edited by sirmavid; 7 January 2022 at 02:14.