6 35.29%
  • build a new 12.5 upper in 5.56

4 23.53%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: help me choose

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Why the K version compared to the standard model?
    smaller and it is rater for 7.0 inch barrels
    plus i have a back injury so if i ever decided if i want to carry some thing smaller and lighter i can slap a 7.5 upper on my SBR and if i need to suppress it the K model is there to be use

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol didn't know if any other reason besides smaller (K stands for Kurz...short in German).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol didn't know if any other reason besides smaller (K stands for Kurz...short in German).
    ok that is intrsting i did not know that

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    ok that is intrsting i did not know that
    Yah, the .380 is also known as 9mm Kurz. What a difference a millimeter makes.

I'm only pushing 300 BLK because I personally have a lot more fun shooting it than 5.56. Prices on the ammo will never be as low as .223/5.56 just because of material costs, but it's been popping up for around $.50 a round, which is about as much as it costs to shoot .45 ACP. I just bought a few boxes of the new 120-grain UMC stuff but I won't get a chance to try it out for a few weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post

I'm only pushing 300 BLK because I personally have a lot more fun shooting it than 5.56. Prices on the ammo will never be as low as .223/5.56 just because of material costs, but it's been popping up for around $.50 a round, which is about as much as it costs to shoot .45 ACP. I just bought a few boxes of the new 120-grain UMC stuff but I won't get a chance to try it out for a few weeks.
    I lucked into 500rds of .300blk a few years ago for cheap at a show. Still working on shooting those. Need to get the presses setup and start cutting my 5.56 brass.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I lucked into 500rds of .300blk a few years ago for cheap at a show. Still working on shooting those. Need to get the presses setup and start cutting my 5.56 brass.
    if i had the space i will re lode the crap out of all my stuff but i don't

Downloads
    Uploads
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a little confused. You aren't going to get a suppressor but you're going to SBR a rifle in the future, one that has to go through the same process for approval and NFA stamp? Don't get me wrong, it's your choice but the wait times are faster than they have been in years. The sooner you buy it the sooner you'll have it out of jail before (if) Anything gets crazy

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a little confused. You aren't going to get a suppressor but you're going to SBR a rifle in the future, one that has to go through the same process for approval and NFA stamp? Don't get me wrong, it's your choice but the wait times are faster than they have been in years. The sooner you buy it the sooner you'll have it out of jail before (if) Anything gets crazy
    I have to second this. I understand your thought process(sort of) but with times near 4-5 months for paper and 30-40 days with efile. Now is one of the best times.

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes is the same proses it took 9 1/2 months to do my .22 suppressor and 10 1/2 months to do my first SBR
    but it still takes 6 to 8 moths if i efile it for a suppressor but on the good note an SBR can take less that 45 day now and days :)

i am sorry for the contusion
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)