• 9 mm suppresor

6 35.29%
  • build a new 12.5 upper in 5.56

4 23.53%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: help me choose

Downloads
    Uploads
    Suppressor, with 41P looming, you never know when you may not be able to get one down the road.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i forgot about the 41P BS

Downloads
    Uploads
    my mother voted 9mm lol
    i ask he as a joke and she made a good point that i mostly carry and use my hand gun not my rifle

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    my mother voted 9mm lol
    i ask he as a joke and she made a good point that i mostly carry and use my hand gun not my rifle

You got a holster that works in conjunction with the can, or do you just cram it in your pants?? Lol

I love shooting ARs suppressed. I understand the supersonic ammo/sonic crack isnt changed by the can but the muzzle blast is significantly reduced and shooting even an SBR becomes pleasant with a set of plugs (I hate headsets especially in the summer).

I think shooting pistols without access to decent subsonic ammo takes a lot of the fun out of it. I handload my own ammo, and the only factory ammunition in 9mm that compares to the sound level of my handloads is Fiocchi 158gr 9mm (9APE). Other factory 147gr I've tried "just to see" was loud and dirty with a lot of blowback. IF you go the 9mm suppressor route, I highly suggest to start sourcing and buying AS MUCH and then more of the Fiocchi 158gr ammo as possible.

If you go with the 5.56 can (which is my vote) I say get a quality 5.56 caliber specific can, like a SpecWar 5.56, Griffin Armament Recce 5 or M4SDII, or if you want a thread on can, check out Griffin's Spartan 3 or Innovative Arms Grunt 5.56

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    You got a holster that works in conjunction with the can, or do you just cram it in your pants?? Lol

I love shooting ARs suppressed. I understand the supersonic ammo/sonic crack isnt changed by the can but the muzzle blast is significantly reduced and shooting even an SBR becomes pleasant with a set of plugs (I hate headsets especially in the summer).

I think shooting pistols without access to decent subsonic ammo takes a lot of the fun out of it. I handload my own ammo, and the only factory ammunition in 9mm that compares to the sound level of my handloads is Fiocchi 158gr 9mm (9APE). Other factory 147gr I've tried "just to see" was loud and dirty with a lot of blowback. IF you go the 9mm suppressor route, I highly suggest to start sourcing and buying AS MUCH and then more of the Fiocchi 158gr ammo as possible.

If you go with the 5.56 can (which is my vote) I say get a quality 5.56 caliber specific can, like a SpecWar 5.56, Griffin Armament Recce 5 or M4SDII, or if you want a thread on can, check out Griffin's Spartan 3 or Innovative Arms Grunt 5.56
    i saw the Griffin 3 looks intestine
    have you seen the Liberty Chaotic?? for $500 is tempting
    if i carry my 9mm the suppressor will be in my EDC bag
    the SpecWar K 5.56 just came out !!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    i saw the Griffin 3 looks intestine
    Lol

have you seen the Liberty Chaotic?? for $500 is tempting
    if i carry my 9mm the suppressor will be in my EDC bag
    the SpecWar K 5.56 just came out !!!
    I'd only consider the K models if I had an SBR build I was trying to minimize the weight on but still wanted to dampen the muzzle blast and make it more pleasant to shoot.

I'm not a big fan of Liberty cans. The Chaotic is not ideal for your AR: it has a titanium tube yet still weighs 21oz??? Titanium in suppressors isn't the best material (tests have been done regarding heat and use in suppressors....just not ideal) and generally requires a reduced firing schedule compared to steel/inconel. And the Chaotic is a thread-on 5/8x24 can which means your AR will need an adapter for its 1/2x28 threads which is not good to do for risk of throwing off the bore alignment. And that can is TWO INCHES in diameter. Talk about a fat can....that's like an SMG suppressor diameter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol

I'd only consider the K models if I had an SBR build I was trying to minimize the weight on but still wanted to dampen the muzzle blast and make it more pleasant to shoot.

I'm not a big fan of Liberty cans. The Chaotic is not ideal for your AR: it has a titanium tube yet still weighs 21oz??? Titanium in suppressors isn't the best material (tests have been done regarding heat and use in suppressors....just not ideal) and generally requires a reduced firing schedule compared to steel/inconel. And the Chaotic is a thread-on 5/8x24 can which means your AR will need an adapter for its 1/2x28 threads which is not good to do for risk of throwing off the bore alignment. And that can is TWO INCHES in diameter. Talk about a fat can....that's like an SMG suppressor diameter
    ok no TI suppressors then lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Give in, bro, turn to the 300 BLK-side! 8" upper and if you get a 7.62 can you can use it on both guns. Same mags, same bolt, just a different barrel. Give in!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Give in, bro, turn to the 300 BLK-side! 8" upper and if you get a 7.62 can you can use it on both guns. Same mags, same bolt, just a different barrel. Give in!
    lol maybe

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Sounds like a very good idea.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    We're talking about something as costly as buying a can. Look just SBR a 10.5" Wolverine or BLK, get a good 7.62 can and enjoy. I like the Wolvie for the range and precision of it and honestly unless you're kickin down doors subsonic doesn't have much use. But MDWS does have .300BLK 8" and 10.5" barrels right now for $100.

Downloads
    Uploads
    lol maybe

I would recommend against getting into a caliber just because. Some things to consider before jumping into it:
    Do you reload? If you don't, ammunition, subsonic and supersonic, are both expensive for 300 Blackout....if that's not an issue, that's great. Do you hunt? The 300 blackout offers much better ballistics than 5.56 for dropping a deer, but if you don't hunt then the benefit is essentially meaningless for you. If your only reason for going to the 300BLK is that it suppresses better than 5.56, you'd be better off with a dedicated .22lr upper so the "more quiet than 5.56" box would be checked.

Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you guys for all the opinions i am looking at all angles if i dont go whit a .30 cal can i will hit the SilencerCo Specwar K 556 its only 524.00 at silencer shop

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would recommend against getting into a caliber just because.

Do you reload? If you don't, ammunition, subsonic and supersonic, are both expensive for 300 Blackout. Do you hunt? The 300 blackout offers much better ballistics than 5.56 for dropping a deer, but if you don't hunt then the benefit is essentially meaningless for you. If your only reason for going to the 300BLK is that it suppresses better than 5.56, you'd be better off with a dedicated .22lr upper so the "more quiet than 5.56" box would be checked.

Of course, it depends on what you want and what your goals are
    i do not reload and i don't hunt (one day i will)
    and i do have a dedicated .22lr upper and a .22lr suppressor so at list that is covered :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you guys for all the opinions i am looking at all angles if i dont go whit a .30 cal can i will hit the SilencerCo Specwar K 556 its only 524.00 at silencer shop
    Why the K version compared to the standard model?