Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

This song is dedicated to all those NOT going to SHOT Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmPLterj9wk

(click the link)

I have been somewhat irritated by this whole SHOT show thing.

Somebody please explain to me WHY I should care even for 5 seconds anything at all about SHOT show?

Seeing how my multitudinous contributions aren't enough... I want to know how I can get in to this elite member's only club of "experts" and "professionals"?

I have zero problem with having industry days where those guys can spend a few days rubbing elbows and drinking beer, but the format of it from my perspective needs to change to one of more openly promoting the industry and doesn't come across as a good old boys club.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do you want to go?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Why do you want to go?
    Why would anyone NOT want to go to the Lolapalooza of guns shows?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing is, it isn't a gun show. Many, if not most of the manufacturers don't even have product for sale there for individuals. It's designed to lure buyers there with the hopes of filling big orders. "Media" attends to hype the event and products even more. They have raised the rates for individual mil and LE and are trying to thin out the heard that attends. Sales guys don't have time to interact with the Average Joe who is there to try and get SWAG and drool over the newest widget. This often ends up in hurt feelings, but it's the reality of a buyers convention.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't believe I let you lure me into clicking on that garbage!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Now I really want to click that link.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    The thing is, it isn't a gun show. Many, if not most of the manufacturers don't even have product for sale there for individuals. It's designed to lure buyers there with the hopes of filling big orders. "Media" attends to hype the event and products even more. They have raised the rates for individual mil and LE and are trying to thin out the heard that attends. Sales guys don't have time to interact with the Average Joe who is there to try and get SWAG and drool over the newest widget. This often ends up in hurt feelings, but it's the reality of a buyers convention.
    I see shot as a place for manufacturers to market their product to the resellers. I would like to go just to meet the people but honestly I don't see us going anytime soon. Also being the patch whore that I am I would like to go to collect the patches that happen only for shot. Don't get me wrong I would love to see the product that is being released but I think I would be more into meeting the people than the product.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Now you got me wanting to click it.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see shot as a place for manufacturers to market their product to the resellers.
    There you have it. In another life I did SHOT Show when I was in the outdoor industry. It's a grind. The intent is for dealers and distributors to see all the new product that manufacturers have or are introducing, and hopefully place big orders for product. My time was spent doing sales meetings with our rep groups/sales reps, meeting with dealers and distributors to go over the product lines and write orders, meet with writers and arrange for test samples, meet with magazine editors and advertising agencies to set up advertising packages, meet with TV show hosts and producers for possible sponsorship "opportunities", meet with other manufacturers about possible collaboration/cross promotion, and be on the floor for hours on end. Did I say it's a grind? Many of the folks who are actually there are not true direct customers, they are friends of small dealers who get their buddies show credentials so they can come and gawk at all the new stuff and hopefully meet their "heroes" in person. They are a drain on resources. Then of course there is the "party" aspect of being in Vegas....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't click the link. My ears hurt now.

I really want to go too.

I know there is nothing there for me, but I still really want to go. Just seeing/meeting some of the "cool" gun people would be cool.
    I will find a way one year.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's like a SEMA show for guns and related products, I'd like to check it out some time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was cool and exciting the first year, but now it's just long ass week with 20+ miles of walking trying to dodge the swag whores.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought the video was a nice touch

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have to assume it's like the powersports vendor expo in Indianapolis. A real ass busting grind for those working all day every day, answering the same questions 5,000 times. Those things are good as a dealer if you're just out trolling for swag, but people like that are a total drain on the show resources

But the after parties.............WOOOOOOOOOOO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Now you got me wanting to click it.
    Come on guys... click... it's just a click... what can it hurt?

Downloads
    Uploads
    My take on this isn't against the vendors and manufacturers so much. It's a clear shot at the organizers of the show. They have created what is more or less the Oscars of the gun world... complete with red carpet and after parties. I say screw them. I am still waiting on someone to tell me why I should care even 2 seconds about anything going in or coming out of SHOT show?

But then I have people telling me 'it's ok it's not really that cool'... the whole thing reeks of high school and reflects poorly if you ask me.

The vendors have this gigantic show that for all intents and purposes is too big. Why not break it up? Why not have one show that is strictly LE and military? If you are not active duty in either (with creds) you don't get in.

Let the duck hunters and everyone else have a seperate show.

I have been to somewhere between two and three dozen trade shows (for a former job) so I get it. Everywhere else on the planet where they do these shows they have two or three days that are industry days and two or three days that are for the public. It works everywhere else, so why not here too?

If it turns into that the only thing people look forward to are the after parties what good is this show for the industry? It's almost like an annual pilgrimage to show your 'creds' that is more form than function.

Whether or not they have products for sale to the general public is irrelevant. They would have 10 or 20 times more exposure to the products being offered if they let the public in.

Seems to me like the organizers of SHOT show have created this form of eliteism that is frowned upon by me and many others. I could care less if I get a swag bag. I could care less if I meet Phil from Duck Dynasty.

Once again this show has morphed into something else and I don't like it.