Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2015

Downloads
    Uploads
    I should be going, dunno if I'll bring my camera though...don't feel like lugging everything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I should be going, dunno if I'll bring my camera though...don't feel like lugging everything.
    I'm down for phone pics. I have a good time.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    This will be at SHOT, it's the Dan Wesson Silverback. Available in both .45 and 10mm.

flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    FN will also be showing 3 new AR's.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    This ported M&P will be there. RMR and Delta Point ready with taller sights.

flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    From www.thefirearmogblog.com on the 3 new FN AR-15's.

Word is there will be a trio of new guns unveiled at SHOT, including a tactical carbine, sporting rifle, and Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR). Keeping in mind rumors must always be taken with a grain of salt, here’s the information coming through the firearms grapevine.

First, let’s take a look at the FN15 Tactical Carbine, which is said to be chambered in 5.56 NATO. The “could be” carbine would have a chrome-lined, hammer-forged 16” barrel with a 1:7 twist topped with an FN Three-Prong muzzle device for flash suppression and compensation. Chrome-lined barrels have improved feeding and extraction and are more resistant to wear, among other advantages. The carbine would also have a mid-length gas system and feature a Midwest Industries LWM M-LOK 12” hand guard and a Magpul MOE-SL butt stock. Standard features would include MBUS sights and a Magpul MOE pistol grip. Weight is estimated at 6.6 pounds and MSRP at $1,479.

Next, the FN15 Sporting Rifle, which would also be chambered in 5.56 NATO. It would have a chrome-lined, match-grade 18” barrel with a 1:7 twist and a rifle-length gas system for smoother operating. In addition this rifle would have a SureFire ProComp 556 Brake, which is designed to reduce muzzle rise and recoil, and a Timney Competition Trigger. I’m a big fan of Timney triggers, and dropping one of their competition triggers into this rifle is a great idea. Other features are a Samson Manufacturing 15” Evolution rail and Magpul CTR stock. Weight is estimated at 7.7 pounds and MSRP at $1,749.

Just like the first two rumored offerings, the FN15 Designated Marksman Rifle would be chambered in 5.56 NATO. The DMR would have the same match-grade 18” barrel the Sporting Rifle is said to have. A few things the DMR has in common with the Sporting Rifle are the SureFire Brake, MOE pistol grip, and Timney Competition Trigger. Differences include a Midwest Industries SSM M-LOK 15” Hand Guard, Magpul MBUS Pro sights, and an STR stock. Weight wasn’t given but the MSRP was said to be $1,899.

- See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2....FGjIijxT.dpuf
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tula and PMC to announce the release day of their 6.8SPC ammo

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    From www.thefirearmogblog.com on the 3 new FN AR-15's.

Word is there will be a trio of new guns unveiled at SHOT, including a tactical carbine, sporting rifle, and Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR). Keeping in mind rumors must always be taken with a grain of salt, here’s the information coming through the firearms grapevine.

First, let’s take a look at the FN15 Tactical Carbine, which is said to be chambered in 5.56 NATO. The “could be” carbine would have a chrome-lined, hammer-forged 16” barrel with a 1:7 twist topped with an FN Three-Prong muzzle device for flash suppression and compensation. Chrome-lined barrels have improved feeding and extraction and are more resistant to wear, among other advantages. The carbine would also have a mid-length gas system and feature a Midwest Industries LWM M-LOK 12” hand guard and a Magpul MOE-SL butt stock. Standard features would include MBUS sights and a Magpul MOE pistol grip. Weight is estimated at 6.6 pounds and MSRP at $1,479.

Next, the FN15 Sporting Rifle, which would also be chambered in 5.56 NATO. It would have a chrome-lined, match-grade 18” barrel with a 1:7 twist and a rifle-length gas system for smoother operating. In addition this rifle would have a SureFire ProComp 556 Brake, which is designed to reduce muzzle rise and recoil, and a Timney Competition Trigger. I’m a big fan of Timney triggers, and dropping one of their competition triggers into this rifle is a great idea. Other features are a Samson Manufacturing 15” Evolution rail and Magpul CTR stock. Weight is estimated at 7.7 pounds and MSRP at $1,749.

Just like the first two rumored offerings, the FN15 Designated Marksman Rifle would be chambered in 5.56 NATO. The DMR would have the same match-grade 18” barrel the Sporting Rifle is said to have. A few things the DMR has in common with the Sporting Rifle are the SureFire Brake, MOE pistol grip, and Timney Competition Trigger. Differences include a Midwest Industries SSM M-LOK 15” Hand Guard, Magpul MBUS Pro sights, and an STR stock. Weight wasn’t given but the MSRP was said to be $1,899.

- See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2....FGjIijxT.dpuf
    The rumored prices seem a bit steep to me, especially the 18" models. I don't see much special about any of them. They sound like they'll have decent parts, but $1750-1900 sound like LaRue money. If they were billet, then that could explain some of the cost, but I don't see that mentioned anywhere.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As much rumor as there is going around, Geissele and Battle Arms Development may be displaying a lot at SHOT.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    The rumored prices seem a bit steep to me, especially the 18" models. I don't see much special about any of them. They sound like they'll have decent parts, but $1750-1900 sound like LaRue money. If they were billet, then that could explain some of the cost, but I don't see that mentioned anywhere.
    Does FN even make billet receivers? I was under the assumption that they've made forged ones up to this point. From what I've seen, a lot of those big box names haven't done anything near what the smaller specialty companies make.

As much rumor as there is going around, Geissele and Battle Arms Development may be displaying a lot at SHOT.
    That's good ... right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably bad for my wallet.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably bad for my wallet.
    Pretty sure that goes for everyone. Well except UW of course

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Does FN even make billet receivers? I was under the assumption that they've made forged ones up to this point. From what I've seen, a lot of those big box names haven't done anything near what the smaller specialty companies make.
    I have no idea. It was more of a statement that if they made them from billet, I could see that adding to the cost.

And forged doesn't have to mean not worth a premium (not that you were saying that). Look at Battle Arms forged receiver. They've put a lot of time and research into making a fantastic forged receiver. But when they describe it, they talk about what makes it different. I didn't see much in the FN description that sounds like they went above and beyond selecting some decent parts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    I have no idea. It was more of a statement that if they made them from billet, I could see that adding to the cost.

And forged doesn't have to mean not worth a premium (not that you were saying that). Look at Battle Arms forged receiver. They've put a lot of time and research into making a fantastic forged receiver. But when they describe it, they talk about what makes it different. I didn't see much in the FN description that sounds like they went above and beyond selecting some decent parts.
    It could also be that FN didn't want to release much more than they already did, prior to SHOT. ... lets just hope there's more to what they said.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With Beretta's contract with the military running out and S&W teaming up with GD I expect to see a solid showing of variety for the M&P
    Just a regular guy.