Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are your talents?

I am a pretty new member here and so far I like it a lot. Everyone seems to be very genuine and fun. Just out of a sense of fun and in order to help get to know everyone chime in as you please.

The question is what are your talents? Or what things (non gun related) do you participate in or like? Don't worry... you don't need to be a professional at things or be shy about sharing....

For me:

Talents that I think I have: Foreign languages. I can pick up a book or two and in no time I can be conversant in a foreign language. It's just a natural talent I've had since I was a child. I have studied numerous languages but at present (despite my laziness to continue studying) I am fluent in Mandarin (Chinese). "Fluent" is a loaded word but I have taken formal tests on it (at least for Chinese) and they say I am fluent.

Things I like but I think I am talented in: Cooking :) I enjoy cooking a lot. After just doing it, over time I can cook a pretty good steak. I enjoy cooking. It's just a lot of fun to share in a good meal with good people.

Things I like but that I am working on: I really like some types of art (painting). I can't paint to save my life though. I also really like photography but I think it's related in ways to my enjoyment of artwork. I spend quite a bit of time trying to develop my talent in photography. I am not as creative as I would like to be but at least I try.

What about you? List can be short or long... just share something if you are so inclined.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine are more interest rather than talents. I like to read reviews and periodicals. I like to draw and paint. I used to like to compete in dart tournaments. And before my last knee surgery I was really big into skateboarding and snowboarding.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm good with languages also - I speak 5 different languages and am absolutely fluent in Finnish and French. My German and Portuguese are a little rusty.

Other than that I'm a computer and telecom engineer. I know more programming languages than I care to think about and can analyze telephone signalling down to a single signal out of place or having a missing parameter.

That's the short list.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Mine are more interest rather than talents. I like to read reviews and periodicals. I like to draw and paint. I used to like to compete in dart tournaments. And before my last knee surgery I was really big into skateboarding and snowboarding.
    That's cool! I used to be a competitive waterskier but when I was a teenager I destroyed my right shoulder in a skiing accident. Sports pretty much ended for me after that. I had my right arm strapped to my chest for over a year... so I feel you on the latter of those things.

What kind of periodicals do you like to read?

What kind of drawing and painting? Like people and scenery or something else? Or just 'whatever'?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    I'm good with languages also - I speak 5 different languages and am absolutely fluent in Finnish and French. My German and Portuguese are a little rusty.
    My language list is as follows: English, Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, French, and a smidgin of Japanese.

As a kid I was very good in Arabic, English and French. I lost interest in those over time. All the way through high school I was good in French mainly because my girlfriend spoke French :) Since then not much practice. Portuguese, Spanish and Japanese were all just 'little bits'... I could hold a small conversation but I never really got into them.

Chinese... I started back in 1994 and have been at it ever since. I got decent in Cantonese but I abandoned that one and stuck with Mandarin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    couch commander :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    couch commander :)
    You're a professional channel flipper? I guess that counts... What was the last episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians about? Unfortunately I missed it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    You're a professional channel flipper? I guess that counts... What was the last episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians about? Unfortunately I missed it.
    i dont see that crap i trow belch on my eyes first before i see that show

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    i dont see that crap i trow belch on my eyes first before i see that show
    LOL

You and me both.

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can go pretty beast mode on Battlefield 3...
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was still in Highschool I was really into Board sports, wakeboarding & snowboarding mostly, but as I got older I couldn't bounce back from the spills and I gave it up. I've always loved cars and working on them and I put myself partially through college working at the local Goodyear store as a mechanic. I got to work on some cool rides for myself and friends but again being practical won the day and I sold my BMW and mini-truck for family vehicles. I've always been an Outdoorsman whether it was hunting, fishing, camping or hiking. hmm I like to read, watch sports, learn about guns and gear. Mostly these days though I'm working be it at actual work or our small farm, and if not I'm spending time with my wife, kids, and our four dogs. Pretty boring now that I think about it..

Downloads
    Uploads
    My talent is figuring out who the nsa moles are on gun forums. They usually ask questions that make you feel at ease and allow you to divulge as much personal information as possible. I am on the trail of a few right now...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't list the other languages I know some of. No point really. Be it the oceans, mountains or forests I'll do just fine for survival. I'm not a fan of deserts though.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    My talent is figuring out who the nsa moles are on gun forums. They usually ask questions that make you feel at ease and allow you to divulge as much personal information as possible. I am on the trail of a few right now...
    HAHAA. I wonder who that could be?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can make a pretty mean Turkey call and deer grunt on the lathe. I can find the biggest buck around and totally blow it. I can piss the boss off quicker than anyone on the crew. Lastly I have the very useful talent for always being right when I tell the wife something.