Downloads
    Uploads

Wanna build a 22 Long Rifle upper for pistol lower

Several months ago I finished a 556 pistol build. I'm looking to do a .22lr upper for the pistol lower. Anyone have any experience with this? I wanna get an idea of what parts were used and how well they function. My intent is to use a 4" barrel so I can run standard velocity ammo through my suppressor without it going sonic. Thanks for any input.

Later!

Simi

ps - and please, no suggestions for a dedicated .22; I've already got a S&W 15-22. I wanna run the short barrel and suppressor combination to avoid the cost of subsonic ammo and avoid ANOTHER $200 tax stamp. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Simi-audamadik; 17 December 2014 at 22:07.

Downloads
    Uploads
    spike tactical dedicated .22lr upper i use a 8.4 barrel
    DD light 7 inch rail
    and a Gemtech outback II suppressor http://youtu.be/qS5TiUrU_c8?list=UUY...fA6WMUHATPaXJg

EDIT
    this is what it looks like on my dedicated .22lr
    Last edited by toolboxluis00200; 18 December 2014 at 00:40.

Downloads
    Uploads
    NICE!! I didn't know Spikes had a .22 upper. Will have to look into that Hope they do a 4.5" barrel. How's your accuracy and what flavor ammo does it like?

Later!

Simi

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rainier Arms has one too (only 1 left though).

Also CMMG makes a bunch of them too. I've currently been eyeing CMMG's uppers, as they are also a bit cheaper than Rainier Arm's RUC .22 I've had good luck so far with CMMG's customer service. Emails are usually replied to within a couple hours or less.

Does Spikes Tactical still make parts for .22? Their .22 barrels haven't been in stock for a while. Only thing I see in stock is their .22 BCG.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been using a Taccom 4" lightweight barrel, Silencerco 22Sparrow stainless suppressor, CMMG nickel-plated bolt group and Black Dog magazines for quite some time. I like the CMMG solid poly charging handle (fewer jams) and I use the CMMG 9mm removable ejection port cover/brass deflector (with port cover removed) in a standard AR upper. This is probably my favorite setup ever. It's just so fun to shoot .22lr accurately as fast as you can without ear pro Even with just a 4" barrel, I can shoot 25 rounds into 4" at 25 yards offhand with a Trijicon RM02. I'll post some pics if I have some time over the holiday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Simi-audamadik View Post
    NICE!! I didn't know Spikes had a .22 upper. Will have to look into that Hope they do a 4.5" barrel. How's your accuracy and what flavor ammo does it like?

Later!

Simi
    oh don't get me wrong they don't make stuff for .22 any more lol
    you mite want to try
    Taccom first
    CMMG second

mine runs 99.99% of the time most of the 00.01% ammo related
    i never tested the accuracy i just blast a way
    but my 16 SPR in .22lr that is a hole different story

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thompson - I was looking at the CMMGs but didn't see one with a 4" barrel already assembled. Will have to look again. Wouldn't mind something already built, but the ones I did see seemed a bit pricey. However, I haven't added up what the pieces would cost either.

Luis - Sux to hear they don't make .22 stuff anymore. Your vid was pretty cool.

MoxyDave - Would love to see pix! Your setup seems to be what I'm wanting to do. I've already got the SparrowII and an optic, just need the rest. And of course, the money to do it with!

Thanks guys!

Later!

Simi

Downloads
    Uploads
    try calling taccom from what i have seen on ther FB they do costume uppers for costumers