Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

PIG FDT Alpha Touch Now Available in Carbon Grey

HOT BACON ALERT!!! The massively popular Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT) Alpha Touch gloves from Patrol Incident Gear (PIG) are now available in a brand new color, Carbon Grey.

The PIG FDT Alpha Touch gloves were originally developed by a Rogers Shooting School advanced graduate and are currently worn by competition shooters, sport hunters and special forces units around the globe. Two years in the making, the gloves introduced many ground-breaking industry firsts including; a sensitized and isolated trigger finger with the thinnest Clarino material available, knuckle flex joints with ventilation points, a single layer multi-piece palm for added tactile dexterity and touch-screen compatible threading in the thumb and index fingertips.

PIG developed the Carbon Grey color choice specifically for the significant number of customers who require a monotone glove option for urban environments. The tonal shade of Carbon Grey was chosen based on its compatibility with other industry grey color options, like the Arc’teryx Urban Wolf. The PIG FDT Alpha Touch gloves are also available in their original color options; black, coyote and ranger green.

www.patrolincidentgear.com
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    These are some of the best gloves out there, and they're from our site sponsor SKD.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great now I have to switch all my furniture to grey .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah - so there have been PIG gloves in grey. And here I thought I was going crazy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They should have named it their 51 shades of grey glove.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have wanted to try the pig gloves or something similair for a while...are they really a good glove, as i like to be able to move my fingers, and hate being restrained, so when i was actively hunting or whatever i would never carry gloves..just found everything back then to big and not ...ergo enough?? I dont know..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are nice looking. I've been meaning to try out a pair. I usually just use Mechanix Original gloves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    Those are nice looking. I've been meaning to try out a pair. I usually just use Mechanix Original gloves.
    They are awesome gloves. I have two sets - and they are just pure awesome. Great for EDC wear too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    They are awesome gloves. I have two sets - and they are just pure awesome. Great for EDC wear too.
    Side note: the regular gloves work fine for use with electronic devices

Downloads
    Uploads
    damn it... I just bought a 2nd pair in black. WOuld have liked the grey... bt I do love the gloves. One of the only gloves that really fit my hands perfectly, allow for full movement, and super comfy. Looks like I'll get a third set...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an original pair, still kickin...dunno if I want another pair bow but they are pretty awesome

Downloads
    Uploads
    My problem with them is that they are "disposable", or in other words don't handle heavy use that well, which is a result of being able to make them so flexible. SKD is up front about that, so no one gets fooled. I have the regular brown and tan version, and am on my second pair. I don't think I'll buy another when these wear out. As far as protecting your hands from gravel and other things that want to poke holes in your hands, or hard use such as having to go down on your hands and knees on pavement, such as a cop or SWAT member might need, they're pretty much useless. Combat e.g. a marine in a fire fight? No way, they'd be in shreds in a minute. Where they shine at is gripping your rifle and giving a very tactile feel to your hands, and their flexibility, of course.

As I stated, SKD , on their website, is completely clear about this. They are nice at the range, or if you're running drills, and might slide around on grass, in sand, etc, as you can barely feel them on your hands, and your hands protected from a hot gun. I do believe that they'd be a perfect match for 3 Gun, or the something like that. But if you're prone on gravel or pavement or whatever, that same thing that makes them feel like a second skin, will transfer the pain of sharp gravel to your palms, etc. I definitely would not recommend them for any really hard use.

If none of the above concerns you, then you may love them.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    time to add to my collection

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping this up, as i have had My first pair of SKD PIG gloves in the alpha version for a week or so, and at first played with them on with the tags before i ripped them off..

Okay finally did, so , cant take them back and now after playing around the house . im not sure if the glove is for my hand. I mean i ordered a Large per the sizing chart-about middle range, and i like them but they are tight around my knuckle area and the fingertips are a hair long, so i feel the next size up might help with the tightness but be way too long..

So i guess, do they stretch out some , at all?

As im also wondering when they get wet and dry how much smaller are they gonna get...Then i have a $50 pair of un usable gloves...frack...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Bumping this up, as i have had My first pair of SKD PIG gloves in the alpha version for a week or so, and at first played with them on with the tags before i ripped them off..

Okay finally did, so , cant take them back and now after playing around the house . im not sure if the glove is for my hand. I mean i ordered a Large per the sizing chart-about middle range, and i like them but they are tight around my knuckle area and the fingertips are a hair long, so i feel the next size up might help with the tightness but be way too long..

So i guess, do they stretch out some , at all?

As im also wondering when they get wet and dry how much smaller are they gonna get...Then i have a $50 pair of un usable gloves...frack...
    I swear gloves are the biggest pain in the ass to get "just" right. My first pair of the PiG gloves was similar, a little tight, and went to just the very begining of the my wrist. With some wear, it became a little stretched out and I'm a big fan now. I haven't had issues with them getting wet and not fitting afterwords. I'd give them a chance, especially since they're a little long in the fingers. You may find they break in.

FWIW, I had the exact same experience you have with some Outdoor Research FR gloves for work. Tight, but a little long (just barely). Going bigger wasn't going to be the answer. After wearing them for a year, they're still just a touch tight, but fit much better. I know it's apples and oranges compared to the PiG gloves, but the results have been similar.