Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That turned out well as I knew it would being as you're the one building it. Can't wait to see the final product and see how it groups.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Cerakote by BlownDeadline, will pick it up this weekend and put it all together before heading down to Alabama to drop it off with my uncle.

Wow. Makes me want to get something cerakoted!
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Wow! That is one of the best looking ARs I've ever seen.

To chime in on the mid-gas 18" discussion, I went that route for mine simply for weight savings. The BA 17.7" SS Hanson is a whopping 9 oz. less than the BCM rifle gas and the contour shifts the balance rearward. It's even 2 oz. less than my 16" BCM SS410. I went with an A1 stock which helps with the heavier recoil.

I don't know why BA didn't use rifle length gas. Would have bought if they did.
    Yeah if he had given me a bigger budget I would have definitely stepped up on the barrel. For $1000 bucks I think this came together to be a decent rifle. I used my own money to do the cerakote job as a gift from me to him so you cant include that in the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Wow. Makes me want to get something cerakoted!
    I have one more rifle to get cerakoted. Hopefully I can get it done here soon so I can finish the precision rifle for my youngest daughter.
    Last edited by Computalotapus; 3 June 2015 at 09:19.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Great rifle and gift!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dat Kryptec...

very nice..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now you're making my want Kryptek again! Ugh. And here I thought I was going multi-glam... Sigh.

Looking forward to taking a look at it this weekend.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Now you're making my want Kryptek again! Ugh. And here I thought I was going multi-glam... Sigh.

Stay the course. Multi-Cam...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Stay the course. Multi-Cam...
    You do know he does some pretty decent Multi-Cam work as well right??

Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Decent? I'd say d@mn good... love the gray multicam

Downloads
    Uploads
    They look good, but that's not quiiiiiiite true Multi-Cam.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They look good, but that's not quiiiiiiite true Multi-Cam.

True and the kryptek isn't true kryptek. I know Mike had to alter the kryptek pattern because Kryptek sent a cease and desist order to a lot of businesses that do cerakote. Mike had to alter the pattern over 25% and not call it kryptek lol. For it being his own twist on the patterns, I think they are very good and having 2 rifles done by him and comparing it rifles that I have seen other companies cerakote.. I will stick to letting him paint my rifles. I know there are some great guys out there laying down some awesome cerakote, but Mike is somewhat local (1 hour 45 minute drive) and his work is 100% better than what I have seen from a small field of others. Everything is clean and the colors transition smoothly with no edges. His shading work is what really sets it off compared to other places that just spray the color for the pattern and leave it, Mike actually does highlight and lowlight shading. And to top it off he lays down a final coat of clear on it to finish it off.

Maybe one day I will try Lockhart Munitions as his work is the only thing that I see being close to Mike's. But Mike is going to have to tell me he can't paint my rifle for me to look somewhere else as of right now.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Huh, did not know the legal issues behind that. Makes sense (unfortunately).

I agree with the quality of the work and I'd like to emphasize I was never questioning that aspect of it, so hopefully it didn't come off like I was knocking his work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Huh, did not know the legal issues behind that. Makes sense (unfortunately).

I agree with the quality of the work and I'd like to emphasize I was never questioning that aspect of it, so hopefully it didn't come off like I was knocking his work.

No I didn't take anything negatively. I was just stating my opinion and experience with cerakote. I have seen only one hydro-dipped weapon, the quality was outstanding but I tend to beat on my rifles a little bit so I went with the more durable cerakote.

My daughters precision rifle will be going out for cerakote as soon as the last part comes in. That one will be interesting to see when it is done.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Picked up the rifle from Blowndeadline's yesterday. We put it all together @ Mike's shop. Pyzik met up with us there. Pyzik brought his WASR but I didn't even ask him to take it out of the case cause I would have dropped the cash for one right then and there. We all went out to lunch after we finished putting the rifle together. Was a good time and looking forward to visiting in that area for a range day shoot soon.

Anyways took the rifle home mounted up the optic and hit the range. Did a quick 100 yard zero. Took 12 shots till I had a group of 3 in the X ring. After the rough zero I put the rifle through basic function test. All brass ejected into a nice small grouped up pile, bolt locked to the rear on last round, and a couple 5 round controlled groups felt good. Overall I am very happy with this build and for the budget it turned out to be really nice. Some things I would change on it would be going from a flash hider to a comp or brake, change out the optic mount, and add a keymod sling point and put a good sling on it.

Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you guys had a great time. I really like the way that rifle turned out.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa