Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Need suggestions on pistol build

Started gathering parts for the wife's pistol build.

so far I got upper and lower receiver set in tungsten from aero.

fathom arms nitride bcg
    Ballistic advantage 10.5 modern series
    ACT trigger
    A Kak complete brace kit
    BCM gunfighter charging handle
    Magpul K2 plus
    Rainer trigger guard

Any suggestions on rail, muzzle device and gas block? The gas block especially with the nitride barrel, any interferences or problems with install?

Will update more as parts come in

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the same boat. I'm not sure if I should have an adjustable block for a 10.5 or no. Personally I'm going with the brake/comp/flash hider combo deal with a VG6 Epsilon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    10" Solo Lite from SLR....

It would fit that 10.5" barrel quite nicely.

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?r...product_id=108

If you ask customer service they might be able to do custom coatings... they will hook you up. They do offer cerakote but I don't know much about how they could match the color on your AERO upper and lower.

I also have their BCF muzzle device on my rifle and I love it.

They have a selection of gas blocks as well. Not sure if you need a special kind for a pistol or not.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 24 December 2014 at 16:08.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Regarding the gas block - if it's pistol length gas, I'd go with an adjustable gas block. That allows you to bleed off extra if you feel that the gun is over gassed. If it has a carbine length gas port then it's likely not necessary - I wouldn't bother with an adjustable gas block for carbine length gas, but that's just me. No problems with install on a nitride or melonite barrel. If you want, you can have the barrel dimpled where the set screws of the gas block will be and add just a tiny drop of blue locktite to the set screws. It's not really necessary but a lot of guys prefer to do it anyway. If it's a clamp on gas block then you won't be bothering to dimple the barrel. You may choose to still use a tiny drop of blue loctite on the gas block screws - your choice.

There is no 'special' kind of gas block for a pistol build. It's the same as for building a carbine. All you need is a gas block that is for the diameter of the barrel where the gas port is. That's usually .750 though there are some pencil barrels out there that use .625. I haven't looked up that particular barrel, but most likely it needs a standard .750 gas block.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    . If you want, you can have the barrel dimpled where the set screws of the gas block will be and add just a tiny drop of blue locktite to the set screws. It's not really necessary but a lot of guy
    I plan on doing the full build myself with my new armorer's tools. What's the best way to dimple the barrel myself? I have a nice stand up drill press in the shop if that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I plan on doing the full build myself with my new armorer's tools. What's the best way to dimple the barrel myself? I have a nice stand up drill press in the shop if that helps.
    I just did mine using a hand drill - all you're doing is spotting the barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I just did mine using a hand drill - all you're doing is spotting the barrel.
    Same.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rainier has a dimpling jig if you're as type A about your builds as I am. I'm sure you can pick one up from Brownell's too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Rainier has a dimpling jig if you're as type A about your builds as I am. I'm sure you can pick one up from Brownell's too.
    Thanks bro. And yes I'm super picky. I guess which is why I have 5 stripped lowers and haven't started building any yet because I'm waiting on 1-2 "perfect" parts to finish that particular build. Oh well at least soon I'll have a couple back to back to post

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks bro. And yes I'm super picky. I guess which is why I have 5 stripped lowers and haven't started building any yet because I'm waiting on 1-2 "perfect" parts to finish that particular build. Oh well at least soon I'll have a couple back to back to post
    Not sure if you're dead set on the barrel, but you could always get a pre-dimpled one like RA's select, match, and ultramatch line.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's carbine gas.

Good call on the VG6.

Thinking maybe the new ALG 10" mlok rail may look nice. Goal is a good little blaster but somewhat reasonable price.

Do spikes still make their .750 melonite lo-pro GB's? Seems like it might be a good combo with the other nitride components

Downloads
    Uploads
    You plan on shooting this suppressed? If not, I'd skip the adjustable gas block.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Possibly in the future when we get a can. UW any suggestions on an easily adjusted GB, even through a rail?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Possibly in the future when we get a can. UW any suggestions on an easily adjusted GB, even through a rail?
    Syrac, I've also used the Seekins one, but personally, I think Syrac makes the best adjustable GB on the market as of right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Syrac, I've also used the Seekins one, but personally, I think Syrac makes the best adjustable GB on the market as of right now.
    Without a doubt. Have both seekins is ok but syrac is much better.