Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ddearmon2010 View Post
    sorry I am still new and in my first build.... what I'd the significance of barrel length on the AR only an inch or two different?
    The amount of barrel length between the gas port and the muzzle determines "dwell time", which means how long there is gas pressurizing the bolt to cycle the action, before the pressure "release" caused by the bullet exiting the muzzle of the barrel. The difference between a 10.5" and 11.5" barrel is about 40% in terms of dwell time, according to Paul Buffoni of BCM. More dwell time typically translates into more reliable cycling, within reason.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Well I decided since the 11.5 was mostly BCM I might aswell get a 10" KMR and v7 titanium BN. Should be a fun little blaster when I SBR it
    That's going to be crazy light! You should keep rolling with the ultra-light theme and finish off the upper with a V7 forward assist and ejection port cover.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    That's going to be crazy light! You should keep rolling with the ultra-light theme and finish off the upper with a V7 forward assist and ejection port cover.
    Thank you. I hope both the 10.5 (mine) and the 11.5 (her's) run well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. I hope both the 10.5 (mine) and the 11.5 (her's) run well.
    Sounds like you're using quality parts, so I don't see why they wouldn't run well. You might want to have a variety of buffer weights on hand in case you need to fine tune one of them. I'd email each barrel manufacturer and see what buffer weight they recommend and go from there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just had to see what she'd look like... lots of parts missing, but loving me some 10.5 :) :)

Downloads
    Uploads

Just had to see what she'd look like... lots of parts missing, but loving me some 10.5 :) :)
    Looking good!

Downloads
    Uploads

Need suggestions on pistol build

Sneak peak of the BCM 11.5 BHF w KMR combo. Still gotta pick a muzzle device. Was thinking about maybe using the Rainer FH I won from the football challenge on the 10.5 and the Epsilon on the BCM
    Last edited by DutyUse; 2 January 2015 at 23:23. Reason: Fixed link

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd go for an AAC 51T flash hider so you're ready to rock when you get a can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd go for an AAC 51T flash hider so you're ready to rock when you get a can.
    Agreed with thinking ahead about a silencer. But I'm looking hard at a direct thread on from Gemtech... Plus I have 3-4 capable muzzle devices hanging around

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed with thinking ahead about a silencer. But I'm looking hard at a direct thread on from Gemtech... Plus I have 3-4 capable muzzle devices hanging around
    Gotcha. That being the case, use what you've got and save a few bucks. You can always buy a silencer mount later should you decide against the direct thread option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gotcha. That being the case, use what you've got and save a few bucks. You can always buy a silencer mount later should you decide against the direct thread option.
    Mr guns n gear really sold me on the Gemtech. Plus if I ever get a Tavor easily put on other guns :)

But first things first. Trust. SBR's. Then cans

Downloads
    Uploads
    A man has got to have priorities! A trust and an SBR (or 3!) is deffo a good place to start! I'll have to dig up his review of the Gemtech. And a Tavor is on my short list of wants. But with the arrival of my first tax stamp a few days ago, my new SBR will keep me plenty occupied for a while i think. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like you've got a great start to that build. How do you like the ELF Trigger? Is this your first one?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Looks like you've got a great start to that build. How do you like the ELF Trigger? Is this your first one?
    Wow high praise :)

Yes my first Elf, but 4th high-end trigger. By far my favorite, but time will tell. Once the trust gets going these two pistols will turn into two nice silencer host SBR's :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you shot a Tavor suppressed?

It sucks.