Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    This reminds me of a dude I know that still gets $1 for every year on his birthday. He finally got to $50 bucks... LOL
    at list he finally got to 50
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, lets see. My wife and i were given a turkey and two packages of hamburger from a locally slaughtered steer from one of my customers whose computer I fixed 3 months ago (and I don't charge a lot to fix a computer). Another of my customers brought a fresh baked apple pie when she and her husband came to pick up all their data I had saved from their dead computer and pay the $85 bill. The two elderly ladies who gave us our horse because they couldn't take care of him after the husband / dad died and they do come to visit us to see Patch - they brought us a tin of home made fudge in 5 flavors. That's what we received for Christmas. My wife did receive some rye bread and Finnish chocolates from a couple of her Facebook Finnish friends.

Other than that, I'm trying to figure out how to create $650 from thin air by early next week to keep the electricity, phones and internet on amongst 2 other problems. So, some small bright spots, but an overall disaster at the moment. My wife had 2 seizures ½ hour apart 2 nights ago. She's had them twice before over the last 3 years and she doesn't have epilepsy. I take care of those here at home now after the $7000 bill from the first time she had a seizure 3 years ago.

Christmas presents for each other? No way. No money. Nothing left to sell. So, not sure what I'm going to do. I'll figure out something though. Basically it's been a pretty bad year and the future isn't looking much brighter. In 10 years, we'll be fine. Retirement kicks in. Two years later, her retirement kicks in. Then we'll have 60 grand a year. 10 more years to go *sigh*

Definitely not much of a Christmas for us.

Ahh well, life will get better. It always does eventually when times are hard. Nobody can take this small house and land from us, that's for sure.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well Christmas Day is here and I hope all of you have a great day enjoying the time with family and friends. To continue this thread on these are the things I got this morning.

H&K VP9
    NFA Trust ( the white binder that says Merry Christmas on it )
    Dremel (a real dremel tool to replace the one I got from harbor freight)

Just a regular guy.

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I know that boy of yours is spoiled though, as he should.
    Yessir. He racked up pretty good this year!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Well Christmas Day is here and I hope all of you have a great day enjoying the time with family and friends. To continue this thread on these are the things I got this morning.

H&K VP9
    NFA Trust ( the white binder that says Merry Christmas on it )
    Dremel (a real dremel tool to replace the one I got from harbor freight)

So far, I think you won, Comp. Nice VP9.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lets see here....

I got a brand new Pentax K3 DSLR with various accessories
    A brand new Magpul M-Lok AFG foregrip
    A new G-Shock watch
    A new tie
    Assorted gift cards
    Some candy (chocolate)
    A brand new AR15 custom built by me (it was an early Christmas present)
    And a shoe box full of $100 dollar bills.

EDIT:
    Oh and I got my dad a brand new Stihl 311 chainsaw, my sister a new bike, and my mom a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond and a really nice set of quilts, and my brother got some money and some gift cards (steaks on me). They love Texas Roadhouse.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 25 December 2014 at 09:06.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wife got me a set off Howard Leight earpro, can't wait to try them out when ever I'm done with my AR build

Downloads
    Uploads
    VP9 is definitely on the list for 2015. Congrats Comp, let me know how that thing shoots!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, the haul from my brother, and my parents.

And some alabama gear.

To go along with the rest of all this, my brother got me a K2 grip for my SBR and the rest of the apex parts I needed for my M&P.

Sidebar: I promptly broke the sight adjustment tool on my multitasker when I opened it. Multitasker has already messaged me about sending me a replacement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A Froglube kit, PIG Alpha Touch gloves from SKD, an inexpensive Caldwell rifle/pistol rest, some music( Pretenders, Cheap Trick) a Lenovo tablet and bluetooth keyboard. Not a bad morning at all. Merry Christmas everyone.

Ric

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Well, lets see. My wife and i were given a turkey and two packages of hamburger from a locally slaughtered steer from one of my customers whose computer I fixed 3 months ago (and I don't charge a lot to fix a computer). Another of my customers brought a fresh baked apple pie when she and her husband came to pick up all their data I had saved from their dead computer and pay the $85 bill. The two elderly ladies who gave us our horse because they couldn't take care of him after the husband / dad died and they do come to visit us to see Patch - they brought us a tin of home made fudge in 5 flavors. That's what we received for Christmas. My wife did receive some rye bread and Finnish chocolates from a couple of her Facebook Finnish friends.

Other than that, I'm trying to figure out how to create $650 from thin air by early next week to keep the electricity, phones and internet on amongst 2 other problems. So, some small bright spots, but an overall disaster at the moment. My wife had 2 seizures ½ hour apart 2 nights ago. She's had them twice before over the last 3 years and she doesn't have epilepsy. I take care of those here at home now after the $7000 bill from the first time she had a seizure 3 years ago.

Christmas presents for each other? No way. No money. Nothing left to sell. So, not sure what I'm going to do. I'll figure out something though. Basically it's been a pretty bad year and the future isn't looking much brighter. In 10 years, we'll be fine. Retirement kicks in. Two years later, her retirement kicks in. Then we'll have 60 grand a year. 10 more years to go *sigh*

Definitely not much of a Christmas for us.

Ahh well, life will get better. It always does eventually when times are hard. Nobody can take this small house and land from us, that's for sure.
    I'm sorry to hear about your wife Will. I pray for much Health and Happiness in yawls future. Buuut...You can't said you didn't get any presents. If I remember correctly didn't you win a free rifle or two? So things are looking up, stay positive brother :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, holy kit and kaboodle and anything else I can think of... 3 ft. of a snow drift behind our truck this Christmas Day. The blizzard started yesterday and I guess it may be winding down. Going out has the wind simply slicing through clothing. Hmmm. Must not have enough clothing on I guess. Perhaps I should put on a sweater instead of a t-shirt since the wind chill is at 30 below.

Time to go split some wood into smaller bits. Wood warms you 3 times - it warms you when you cut it, it warms you when you split it and it warms you when you burn it
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got all I wanted this year - another Christmas with my old dog.

Everything else is relative... the wife and I buy what we want/need all year long and Christmas is usually another day of work for us (Firefighter & nurse)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your wife Will. I pray for much Health and Happiness in yawls future. Buuut...You can't said you didn't get any presents. If I remember correctly didn't you win a free rifle or two? So things are looking up, stay positive brother :D
    DutyUse, the winnings are meaningless to me if my wife is suffering. She is my wife. anything I own are just 'things' and can be replaced. I cant replace Kati though. She is unique. She had two seizures like epileptic seizures 2 nights ago a half hour apart. She has only had them twice before and she's not epileptic. That was tested 3 years ago when she had the first one with a MRI.

I just deal with it now myself. Believe me, your wife having an uncontrollable seizure that takes over her whole body is a bit scary. She doesn't even know what happened. All I do is get to her quick, hold her close and help her let it pass. None of them have lasted more than 3 minutes but it is a LOOOOONG 3 minutes to me.

Medically, I know why they happen. Part of the reason they happen is because she has Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. That is a condition that simply restricts blood flow through the shoulders and neck to the brain. Surgery is iffy at best. It basically is a condition she just needs to live with. I love her, she is my wife and I do my best to take care of her. That is what a husband does.

Who would like to buy the Voodoo Piston Rifle after I test it? I'll sell it for $2500 shipped to your FFL along with the BDL custom gift certificate for a custom paint job. I need the money. My wife is far more important to me than a rifle. I have other guns. I'll make do with them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    DutyUse, the winnings are meaningless to me if my wife is suffering. She is my wife. anything I own are just 'things' and can be replaced. I cant replace Kati though. She is unique. She had two seizures like epileptic seizures 2 nights ago a half hour apart. She has only had them twice before and she's not epileptic. That was tested 3 years ago when she had the first one with a MRI.

I just deal with it now myself. Believe me, your wife having an uncontrollable seizure that takes over her whole body is a bit scary. She doesn't even know what happened. All I do is get to her quick, hold her close and help her let it pass. None of them have lasted more than 3 minutes but it is a LOOOOONG 3 minutes to me.

Medically, I know why they happen. Part of the reason they happen is because she has Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. That is a condition that simply restricts blood flow through the shoulders and neck to the brain. Surgery is iffy at best. It basically is a condition she just needs to live with. I love her, she is my wife and I do my best to take care of her. That is what a husband does.

Who would like to buy the Voodoo Piston Rifle after I test it? I'll sell it for $2500 shipped to your FFL along with the BDL custom gift certificate for a custom paint job. I need the money. My wife is far more important to me than a rifle. I have other guns. I'll make do with them.
    I understand completely. It's taken me so long to get a project done because like you said family comes first, especially ones wife. I'll be praying for her good health. My dad went through a long bout with cancer before he died so I understand how painful serious illnesses like that can be.

Btw I didn't mean your free rifle win as A jab. I just meant at least it's money coming in for medical bills and such. Glass half full perspective :D