Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm lost as to how someone can say the SigBrace does not work. Other than the adjustable LOP it works as well as any stock I own.

Guy must be soft and it hurts his shoulder....LMAO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup that's it alright... I'm Sen see tiv. Some would call me a delicate butterfly.
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well my brace sold locally after 5 mins...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by camomike View Post
    For what $30-40 more you can file for a stamp? Never saw the point in buying the brace. Looks clumsy and uncomfortable.
    I'd rather give money to a firearms manufacturer than the government.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought two full kits last night from Kak with adjustable LOP. Haven't tried one, but I doubt I could lose much if any $

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    if you need to cross state lines it comes in handy to have one
    That or laws barring SBRs.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    What I can picture is a inflation adjusted tax stamp.
    You know, I was thinking about this a while ago. And I was thinking to myself "at least we don't have to pay the price adjusted stamp value." This comes down to $3,524.64 in case anyone was wondering ... yeah, lets just throw that on top of a $1000+ AR ......

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to say it... You ask several different people at the ATF the same question and you get several different answers and people are amazed/shocked by this why? Lol...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    I have to say it... You ask several different people at the ATF the same question and you get several different answers and people are amazed/shocked by this why? Lol...
    I mean irregardless, lets be honest - we all knew this reclassification would happen at one point or another.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I'm lost as to how someone can say the SigBrace does not work. Other than the adjustable LOP it works as well as any stock I own.

Guy must be soft and it hurts his shoulder....LMAO

I use a Sig Brace because I don't want to register a rifle with the ATF, the mere extra cost for short transfer time for an SBR has no bearing on my decision. I don't have to ask for permission to take the AR pistol out of state and they don't know how many I have.

Sure the Brace isn't adjustable but I have a buffer tube that sits it out at the same length of my adjustable stocked rifles that I set and never adjust.

Anyway, this isnt a ruling, this is one opinion for one scenario from the technology branch. And let's say they do make it "illegal" to shoulder....are ATF agents going to be popping out from behind trees waiting for people to shoulder these? If so, we have bigger issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a Sig brace on my AR pistol for the same basic reasons as Former11B, and frankly find it to be relatively comfortable to shoot. The Phase 5 Hex-2 buffer kit gives it decent LOP, and in .223/5.56 the recoil is not enough to make it uncomfortable to shoot. From a pure esthetics standpoint, it's not the most attractive accessory, but it is no uglier than some of the stocks on the market, in my opinion. While I have good intentions of doing some stamps for SBRs in the future, I don't think I'll ever be without the Sig brace equipped pistol as long as they are legal for "pistol" use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If there is a betting pool, I'm putting $100 on the brace ending ruled legit regardless how used. Sig and others have too much invested in it and it is too popular. A new Congress and public sentiment against further abridging of gun rights may even result in some reigning in of these arbitrary bureaucrats.

But what I really don't get is all the animosity toward going the brace route over an SBR. People whose opinion I respect immensely refer to it as stupid and crap. One of my fave guys on another forum hates it for "many reasons." Yet when pressed for concrete issues, it comes down to aesthetics and no quick adjust LOP. I'm sick of listing over and over why I have not SBR'd yet, but what the hell.

Brace Con:
    Too fugly. Not for me.
    LOP adjust? Just set it where it's good for you and leave it. Plenty of ways to fix it in place. Is my A1 stock stupid cuz LOP is fixed?

SBR Con:
    Rubs me wrong needing a colonoscopy for a gun for which I already was cleared sans stock.
    Rubs me wrong informing Nanny when I want to take it where I please.
    Rubs me wrong not being able to loan it out to my brother-in-law or anyone I judge to be responsible.
    Getting on the priority confiscation list.
    Paying for the restrictions.

And yet I will probably be getting a trust for an SBR just because they look so cool. But it won't defend me any better than the rubber contraption.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well said Uffdaphil!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    If there is a betting pool, I'm putting $100 on the brace ending ruled legit regardless how used. Sig and others have too much invested in it and it is too popular. A new Congress and public sentiment against further abridging of gun rights may even result in some reigning in of these arbitrary bureaucrats.
    Unfortunately here's the flaw in that... The ATF is the one who gets the final say since the right for them to make the determination has already been legislated into their hands. Sig has already made back plus more what they put into it, and when they came up with the concept they never intended for it to be shouldered to begin with. "Intent"... that's were the law will look to if Sig were to battle it out which I doubt they will and if they do they'll lose. They're not newly abridging any gun rights because that was already done in the past by a Congress ergo why we have tax stamps.

Here's what I don't get. Anyone and everyone who ever purchased this brace KNEW it was never intended or designed to be shouldered. They got lucky and someone at the ATF decided to make a determination that it could be fired from the shoulder, so then everyone who mind us STILL KNEW it was never intended or designed to be shouldered then ran out and purchased one to try and circumvent the process and legalities of an SBR. Now, the ATF has changed their ruling probably after everyone and their brother went online saying "Look guys we can just do this and not pay a tax stamp, be able to carry it across state lines, and do 1/2 a dozen other things that we wouldn't be able to do if it was tax stamped SBR" and those same people want to act slighted and claim their rights are being infringed upon. I agree that the tax stamp and paperwork is BS and ridiculous. Hell, in Europe it's rude to shoot without a suppressor and you can pick them up at gas stations in some places, but that's not the world we live in. How about rather than people sitting around hoping they're ability to circumvent a law that was taken away will be regained by someone suing for something that had no intent to begin with... yeah how about instead there's as much effort put into trying to get that portion of law removed altogether.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I addressed your "flaw" with the new congress and public sentiment to hold their feet to the fire. What has been legislated can be re- legislated.