Downloads
    Uploads

Building a 300 upper - opinions/suggestions needed

Ok so I have the following parts:

PWS DI BCG
    PWS 10.5" 300BLK barrel w/ .30cal Triad
    CMT stripper upper

I need the following:

Rail (dunno length, thinking 10-12 inches?)
    Charging Handle
    Dust cover for upper
    Forward Assist for upper
    Gas block
    Gas Tube

Considerations:

All parts need to be super awesome / new / cool / non-standard
    $$ = no fucks given

Suggestions / opinions appreciated, do not mind used parts but would prefer new parts. This will probably go on a dedicated 300blk lower and will more than likely be suppressed by a 762 can of some sort (probably saker)

Also let me know what your 300blk build let you wanting and what you would have done different if you could.

Pix to come

Downloads
    Uploads
    Which CMT Upper?

I say go with a SLR 10" rail and a strike industries dust cover....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pws di bcg

Cmt upper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is an idea I've had: fortis switch rail and an adjustable gas block. The switch rail would make it easier to adjust the settings on the gas block (settings for super/subsonic loads). A friend of mine has adjustable gas blocks on two separate 300blk uppers and dialing in the gas blocks makes them shoot super smooth. I cannot recommend a specific adjustable gas block but I'm sure somebody here would have input on a specific make/model.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am really digging the SLR Rifleworks Solo Ultra Lite series rails. Very slim profile and picatinny section only at the end of the rail, can get it in M-LOK or KeyMod. BCM Mod3/4 CH of if you are going to suppress it maybe a PRI Gas Buster CH? And I like the tear drop waffled FA that UW gave me for my NTD build. And if you are wanting an adjustable gas block then you gotta go with Syrac Ordance adjustable GB.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you check out my thread in the custom build section (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...eske-10.2-quot) you can see some 10.5" barrels with different rail configurations.

I ordered a 10" URX4 and once that comes in, I'll throw some pics up

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Ok so I have the following parts:

PWS DI BCG
    PWS 10.5" 300BLK barrel w/ .30cal Triad
    CMT stripper upper

I need the following:

Rail (dunno length, thinking 10-12 inches?)
    Charging Handle
    Dust cover for upper
    Forward Assist for upper
    Gas block
    Gas Tube

Considerations:

All parts need to be super awesome / new / cool / non-standard
    $$ = no fucks given

Suggestions / opinions appreciated, do not mind used parts but would prefer new parts. This will probably go on a dedicated 300blk lower and will more than likely be suppressed by a 762 can of some sort (probably saker)

Also let me know what your 300blk build let you wanting and what you would have done different if you could.

Pix to come
    You should check out LEO armory for the dust cover, he makes laser fricken engraved ones (that's what the packaging says) he's also a really nice guy. I'm in the process of putting together my spreadsheet for my SBR build, I'm really excited about this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is your upper going on a pistol or an SBR? Is it going to be suppressed?

If I won the lotto I would have some awesome builds going and lots and lots of ammo :)

10.5" 300 BO with a 10" rail suppressed SBR... yowsers.... a guy can dream can't he?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seekins MCSR V2 rail in 10" if you'll shoot it w/o a can or 12" or even 15" to cover the can, depending on how long the can is. Something like this (pictured is an older rail...source of pic is Seekins):

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have found that both of my Syrac blocks get very difficult to adjust if you leave them set for 4-500 rounds. You must run the adjustment screw through it's range or remove and clean every so often. I have had much better luck with the Seekins adjustable block with the brass set screw. The Syrac are easier to adjust when new.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Is your upper going on a pistol or an SBR? Is it going to be suppressed?

If I won the lotto I would have some awesome builds going and lots and lots of ammo :)

10.5" 300 BO with a 10" rail suppressed SBR... yowsers.... a guy can dream can't he?
    ^^ Ditto this. why would you look at using a 12" rail with a 10.5" barrel? Ideally you want to be able to change your muzzle device without taking off the handguard to do so. I suppose if you were going to mount a suppressor permanently to the barrel it might make sense to go with a longer handguard than the barrel length. i can't imagine anybody wanting to weld a suppressor to a barrel though. I've been playing around with some designs for a suppressed 300 Blackout SBR using a 9.5" barrel. It's something I will build someday in the future.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    V7 should have all the cool guy stuff you're looking for. vertexops.com stocks V7 and a mess of other neat stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads

Building a 300 upper - opinions/suggestions needed

Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I have found that both of my Syrac blocks get very difficult to adjust if you leave them set for 4-500 rounds. You must run the adjustment screw through it's range or remove and clean every so often. I have had much better luck with the Seekins adjustable block with the brass set screw. The Syrac are easier to adjust when new.
    Not what I needed to read 3 days before mine is due to arrive ;P

Having seen some of your quality builds in the past I know this little blaster is going to be a beast. *sub'd*

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm digging my SLR Sentry adj gas block... and the Seekins MCSRv2 rail. I went 8.2" barrel and the 10" rail covers 1/4 of the suppressor (Specwar762). I'm liking it so much that I'm getting another rail only 12" so more is covered, giving me more real estate on the rail for gripping, lights, BUIS, etc.

And yeah - big scope does not reside on this. I put it on while doing some load testing which made it easier.

I just gave away a dust cover that had 300BLK laser etched, but BDL Custom Covers had/has a killer cover that I now use. Cerakoted lettering inside and out,

And I went ahead and used the Gas Vent for the forward assist - I have yet to get 'gas face' and I shoot 90% suppressed now. May not be needed, but I like it. My Tavor gives me bad 'gas face' and not fond of it.
    Last edited by SwissyJim; 29 December 2014 at 01:03.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    I'm digging my SLR Sentry adj gas block... and the Seekins MCSRv2 rail. I went 8.2" barrel and the 10" rail covers 1/4 of the suppressor (Specwar762). I'm liking it so much that I'm getting another rail only 12" so more is covered, giving me more real estate on the rail for gripping, lights, BUIS, etc.

And yeah - big scope does not reside on this. I put it on while doing some load testing which made it easier.

I just gave away a dust cover that had 300BLK laser etched, but BDL Custom Covers had/has a killer cover that I now use. Cerakoted lettering inside and out,

And I went ahead and used the Gas Vent for the forward assist - I have yet to get 'gas face' and I shoot 90% suppressed now. May not be needed, but I like it. My Tavor gives me bad 'gas face' and not fond of it.
    Wow what an awesome, well executed build Jim! I think a double stamp 300blk is just about the perfect home defense weapon.
    Question though. Even though you have the adj GB, how often do you actually change it?

Reason I ask is because I got a Syrac ADJ for my 10.5 build but just a regular BCM GB for my 11.5. Just wondering if you use yours enough to justify the cost upgrading my second build.

Thanks in advance