Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Isnt the whole point of 300blk so that you dont need an adjustable gas block?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You do not need an adjustable gas block if you have a pistol length gas system.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    You should not need an adjustable gas block if you have a pistol length gas system. With a carbine length you might.
    Thats what I though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgot to mention this in my last post. I'll be running a colt H2 buffer and Springco white spring.

That combination should be able to run supers and subs, suppressed and unsuppressed with no problems

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no doubt an improvement with adjustable gas block if you are switching from subs to supers and taking a can on and off. It will run fine with a standard block but you can definitely reduce the blowback. Being a lefty it is quite clear there is a difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Not what I needed to read 3 days before mine is due to arrive ;P

Having seen some of your quality builds in the past I know this little blaster is going to be a beast. *sub'd*
    They are a top quality block don't get me wrong. The seekins is harder to adjust because you need to access it from the front and side. I am still using a Syrac block on a new build because it's under the rail too far. Just be aware backing the screw out and cleaning it every 4-500 rounds will save you some headaches. a touch of nickel based anti-seize certainly helped on the threads.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    They are a top quality block don't get me wrong. The seekins is harder to adjust because you need to access it from the front and side. I am still using a Syrac block on a new build because it's under the rail too far. Just be aware backing the screw out and cleaning it every 4-500 rounds will save you some headaches. a touch of nickel based anti-seize certainly helped on the threads.
    Cool. Thanks for the pro tip :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks... I'm pretty happy with the build myself. Only my 2nd AR build, but I could not be happier. Runs like a champ and is SUPER fun to shoot. Pretty near 'Hollywood Quiet' with the Specwar762 and my reloads.

As far as the adj gas block, to be honest - once I got it dialed in and set where I want it, I have not changed it since. In the process of testing the initial build, and some reloads, I was changing it quite a lot. But, I have it set in a position that allows my suppressed sub loads to work perfectly (BHO on last round), and the occasional super load runs as well unsuppressed. Honestly, sicne I got the Specwar, I'd say 90% of the shooting I do with this is suppressed sub loads.

Not only that, but there is less gas going thru than I think there would be with a non-adj block and therefore the recoil is less. With the recent addition of the JP captured buffer spring, the recoil is damn near non-existant. By far, my most fun gun to shoot.

If you're thinking home defense,look at the Lehigh Defense 194g projectiles... about the only subsonic bullet that will expand at sub speeds. Not cheap at $1.50 per bullet, but I tested them in gel and they do in fact expand (quite nasty I might add) as low as 900fps. They claim as low as 700fps but I only did as low as 900.

And for cheaper 'plinking' sub loads, SPS sells Nosler 190g Custom Competition 'blems' pretty cheaply - 1/2 the price of 208Amax's. And they give First Responder discounts.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    There is no doubt an improvement with adjustable gas block if you are switching from subs to supers and taking a can on and off. It will run fine with a standard block but you can definitely reduce the blowback. Being a lefty it is quite clear there is a difference.
    Thats what I found... even with the pistol gas, a standard block was still overgassed. With the adj block I was able to dial it down even more, while keeping the function of both sub and super loads, suppressed and un-suppressed. To me, it was worth the extra $ for that reason -first guy I let shoot it at the range thought it was a .22 due to the almost non-existent recoil. I kinda laughed, as the suppressor was a tad bigger than a .22 version
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads

Building a 300 upper - opinions/suggestions needed

My 300 build is currently in parts as I wait for BDL to get up and running again for some paint.

I went with a Fortis upper microslicked inside, Battle Arms lower, Danger Close 9" 1/7 w/5R rifling, KAC rail, MVB Arc stock, St. Croix titanium BCG, 2A titanium GB, melonite gas tube, CMC flat 4# duty trigger........and a Saker762. I will most likely switch out the rail for a longer one as I've ordered another Saker so I am not worried about taking it on and off.

I don't buy the need for an adjustable GB either.

There's a dust cover on Article 15 Clothing you might like, VDM.

I am curious why you don't just buy the PWS Mk109 instead?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    My 300 build is currently in parts as I wait for BDL to get up and running again for some paint.

I went with a Fortis upper microslicked inside, Battle Arms lower, Danger Close 9" 1/7 w/5R rifling, KAC rail, MVB Arc stock, St. Croix titanium BCG, 2A titanium GB, melonite gas tube, CMC flat 4# duty trigger........and a Saker762. I will most likely switch out the rail for a longer one as I've ordered another Saker so I am not worried about taking it on and off.

I don't buy the need for an adjustable GB either.

There's a dust cover on Article 15 Clothing you might like, VDM.

I am curious why you don't just buy the PWS Mk109 instead?
    Wow that sounds like one HELL of a build. Have you started acquiring parts yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would buy a complete gun but ive got these parts comin in for less than retail so I couldnt say no.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Wow that sounds like one HELL of a build. Have you started acquiring parts yet?
    Yes....all here except the BCG and rail which should arrive any day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I would buy a complete gun but ive got these parts comin in for less than retail so I couldnt say no.
    I was basically in the same situation and really wanted the mk109 but will end up with this build for now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...so I ran into a little snag while doing research on parts for this build.

I got a Fortis Switch rail which I posted pictures of several times, but its a little too long...

As you can see I need like 4-5 inches of muzzle device (which is eventually going to be a suppressor but that'll be a while until the stamp comes back), so I need something to put there in the mean time.

Suggestions?