Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't want to sound like I'm dogging on magpul too much but they aren't big enough to tell everyone not to use slim rails or force people to buy new gas blocks...but the thing is all m lok products are made under magpul license...its all pretty dumb over such a small part. If I had used a dremmel or some other tool it would be a 5 minute mod...but I did it by hand....

But I say let them have a chance to respond before we go off in it...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure what rail you're using (I may have missed it if you mentioned it), but I ran into the same issue with a 10" SLR Lite rail. The place I wanted to put a rail section to add a VFG wouldn't work because of the gas block. I just moved it back a spot. Not where I really wanted it, but it worked OK.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its a 14" SLR solo lite.... All I had to do was grind down only one of the nuts and the tip of the screw. I probably took 1mm off the screw and 1/2 a mm off the nut and now I can put it wherever I want. I just have to put the ground down one on the gas block end and its fine so far and has a hair of clearance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With mine though because of what it is unless there is a mod the whole thing had to be mounted entirely behind the gas block...its working now but its just one of those things...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Why would Magpul have anything to do with handguard to gas block clearance? Has nothing to do with their product. If the nut is standard spec any accessory you add in that location would cause the same issue would it not?
    M lok is brand new. Rainier Arms isn't out of spec. The handguard isn't out of spec. Magpul just introduced a new product that still has bugs in it. The way I see it everyone else is in spec and magpul just didn't think through a minor detail of a new product. Anyway the thread is kind of derailed some lol. I really was wondering everyones shooting stances LOL!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Magpul introduced a form factor for mounting. It's the rail manufacturer's job to make sure that when it's implemented it works. SLR in our case made a rail that was too skinny. This is in no way Magpul's fault.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the reason why I buy nothing but tube style rails... NSR, KMR, ALG etc... Suits my shooting style .. and my girl sized hands 0.o

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    Magpul introduced a form factor for mounting. It's the rail manufacturer's job to make sure that when it's implemented it works. SLR in our case made a rail that was too skinny. This is in no way Magpul's fault.
    Actually I got an email from Magpul asking for more information...but I did some measuring and calculations and with the standard screws and T nuts as supplied any rail with an inner diameter of less than 1.45" would have the same problem.

SLR Rifleworks and Geiselle are both well under that mark for their advertised ID's. 1.3 and 1.35" respectively. It should also be noted that I am using Rainier Arm's low profile match gas block as well.

I am emailing info back and forth with Magpul so I will report back as we go.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 29 December 2014 at 19:19.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm late to the party and I don't have time to read all 3 pages, but IMO... The reason people started squaring up has to do with body armor. Body armor is designed to best stop penetration from direct hits and not glancing blows which can still result in injury. Plus with body armor most of your protective surface area is in the front and back not the sides which is minimal with cummerbunds. From an EMT's perspective standing squarely is actually NOT going to reduce organ injury but more likely to further it if you're not wearing body armor since penetration would be deeper and you expose ALL the organs instead of just a few. If you're not wearing armor then standing at a sideways stance will lessen the amount of available surface as a target, and the bullet would have to penetrate through the arm tissue and bone before entering the chest or abdominal cavity. Everything else IMO should be whatever helps the shooter perform the best. If it was already said then I apologize but my time is limited...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    I'm late to the party and I don't have time to read all 3 pages.
    It's ok you don't need to read all three pages... it has digressed and it is partially my fault.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sparring stance.