Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Goals for 2015

Downloads
    Uploads
    My wife's and my goals are very simple. Survive the next year. If we work hard enough to do so, perhaps it won't be as bad as last year was.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    We're planning to move to the midwest in about 7 years roughly.

A week or so back, I posted on my FB I wanted to move, and was tired of the work at the PD. Jeff Cross posted a link to CMT Tactical's job openings in TN. I can't say I wasn't tempted.
    All things being relative $$$-wise in terms of inflation, etc, years ago Allstate Insurance had shit ton of folks relocate to the area where I live from the Seattle area. They were buying 3500 sq. ft. + houses around here for the same money they sold their little 2-3 bedroom bungalows out there for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    All things being relative $$$-wise in terms of inflation, etc, years ago Allstate Insurance had shit ton of folks relocate to the area where I live from the Seattle area. They were buying 3500 sq. ft. + houses around here for the same money they sold their little 2-3 bedroom bungalows out there for.
    I'm from the Midwest and live in one of the nicer neighborhoods in the greater Seattle area (east of Lake Washington). I think when my family visits me and sees my house they figure maybe I'm not doing so well financially after all. For me, though, it's worth it. I love it out here, but don't take advantage of it as much as I need to, which is why my stated 2015 goal is related to the opportunities that living in WA has to offer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    For me, my wife is from the midwest, so that's why I have that connection.

Interesting what you mentioned about house prices. In the next 9 months we hope to purchase a new place around 3500-4000 square feet. That would give me some work space, possibly family expansion room, along with enough garage space for other things. We want to keep our house budget between 500-700, so that would give us a lot of flexibility into the "final" house. We looked at what we could buy say 7 years out in the areas we are considering in the midwest, and you can basically get yourself a full farm/ranch for that out there. My wife isn't sold on lots of acreage, but of course, I'd love to be able to shoot on my own property free of any outside regulation. We'll see how it goes, as by that time, we're going to have to be somewhat close to civilization as she will still have to commute to work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My primary goal had been to retire in 2015. I managed to get that done in October of this year. The relocation is pretty much complete, down to ten boxes or so left to unpack.

Goals change - but for now I want to take advantage of the new freedom retirement provides ...
    Strength and endurance build-up - currently not "horribly out of shape" but not "in shape" either. The "Wrinkle Ranch" has a very nice exercise facility and pool (current temp is 71 and the pool is heated).
    Find and use local ranges. "Where to Shoot" APP says there is a 100m indoor air-conditioned rifle range with memberships available, and several outdoor ranges.
    Work on photography skills. I still take snapshots, not photographs - some of you guys should be professionals !
    Enjoy life !
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads

Interesting what you mentioned about house prices. In the next 9 months we hope to purchase a new place around 3500-4000 square feet. That would give me some work space, possibly family expansion room, along with enough garage space for other things. We want to keep our house budget between 500-700, so that would give us a lot of flexibility into the "final" house. We looked at what we could buy say 7 years out in the areas we are considering in the midwest, and you can basically get yourself a full farm/ranch for that out there. My wife isn't sold on lots of acreage, but of course, I'd love to be able to shoot on my own property free of any outside regulation. We'll see how it goes, as by that time, we're going to have to be somewhat close to civilization as she will still have to commute to work.
    That kind of coin would get you A LOT of acreage out in the more rural places in the general area where I live. Depending on the wife's job requirements, you could be within about a 30-45 minute commute of some good sized cities and be able to whizzz off your back deck and shoot guns. You could have a nice house and a completely separate shop building for that matter. On a related note, I had some neighbors cracking off a few strings of shots last night at midnight. If I hadn't been so tired I wanted to run out and answer with a magazine or two out of the AR47...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    My primary goal had been to retire in 2015. I managed to get that done in October of this year. The relocation is pretty much complete, down to ten boxes or so left to unpack.

Goals change - but for now I want to take advantage of the new freedom retirement provides ...
    Strength and endurance build-up - currently not "horribly out of shape" but not "in shape" either. The "Wrinkle Ranch" has a very nice exercise facility and pool (current temp is 71 and the pool is heated).
    Find and use local ranges. "Where to Shoot" APP says there is a 100m indoor air-conditioned rifle range with memberships available, and several outdoor ranges.
    Work on photography skills. I still take snapshots, not photographs - some of you guys should be professionals !
    Enjoy life !
    Sounds like you have a good head start to 2015!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nCarnage View Post
    Goals. Would have to say is:
    1. Start a family
    2. Do a competition shoot
    3. Get in shape
    4. Get hired by another dept before #1 happens
    5. accomplish whatever challenge 2015 brings me
    6. If #4 doesnt happen, get promoted to a SGT. at where I am.
    Go forth and make ALL the babies 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

You have a lot of freedom because I don't think you have kids yet? Once they come around you take on a lot more responsibility and you're tied down to one location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    You have a lot of freedom because I don't think you have kids yet? Once they come around you take on a lot more responsibility and you're tied down to one location
    Don't tell that to anyone in the military with a family...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Don't tell that to anyone in the military with a family...
    I grew up on Air Force bases, and they were absolutely great. I'm very thankful for it.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa