Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Former11B, sorry I know it's off topic, but others posted target stand info --------- so here's mine:

The National Wild Turkey Federation had dimensions for a pretty neat target stand. I did some Excel calculations to see the most cost effective cutting. They call for 2" Schedule-40 PVC. If you buy three 10 foot pipes you can make four stands with minimal scrap. Total cost was less than a C-Note for four stands with 2x2 furring strips. If you want the cutting guide, let me know. Cell phone pix below.

Picture of the cut and glued pieces - if you only glue these pieces it comes apart for easier transport:

Picture of one stand assembled - you can use 1x2 or 2x2 furring strips cut to any height you want. Dimensions fit standard target boards.

Nice! You guy's are giving me all sorts of good ideas in this thread!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Picked up some construction paper, packing tape, and black paint today. Made a bunch of targets and still have material left over to make more. The construction paper was a variety pack 250 count. Pulled out the yellow, orange, and pink to make targets with. Separated the red, white and blue going to dip those in some fiberglass resin and put between some boards with some c-clamps to make some nice micarta. Layered the colors about 10 sheets per color so when you put the dremel to it should turn out real nice. Will drop the micarta off to a local kid ( 16 ) that is trying to get started making knifes. Think he will get about 3-4 sets of scales out of it.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Picked up some construction paper, packing tape, and black paint today. Made a bunch of targets and still have material left over to make more. The construction paper was a variety pack 250 count. Pulled out the yellow, orange, and pink to make targets with. Separated the red, white and blue going to dip those in some fiberglass resin and put between some boards with some c-clamps to make some nice micarta. Layered the colors about 10 sheets per color so when you put the dremel to it should turn out real nice. Will drop the micarta off to a local kid ( 16 ) that is trying to get started making knifes. Think he will get about 3-4 sets of scales out of it.
    Nice comp. Post some pics of how they turn out after being shot

Downloads
    Uploads
    I took my homemade shoot and see targets with me today. A local LEO officer is helping tune up my shooting. He has a range in his backyard that he does CPL classes, basic pistol and carbine classes, defensive pistol and carbine classes, and low light classes. I asked if I could bring the homemade targets out to see how they worked and he had no problem with it. For my test sample I didn't spend a lot of time on them just taped the fronts and backs of the construction paper and painted over the front. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but they worked decent enough. Not as good as the store bought ones but you can definitely see the round hits on them. We started from 50 yards and worked our way in moving and shooting with the rifles I could start clearly seeing my hits around the 35 yds marker. Transitions to pistols started at 25yds and it was definitely very easy to pick out hits at that range.

I think I will take the time and do some nice ones for myself. Maybe do a white coat of paint let it dry lay down a 5 ring stencil and paint black let it dry pull the stencil off should be able to see the rings from 50 yards.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I took my homemade shoot and see targets with me today. A local LEO officer is helping tune up my shooting. He has a range in his backyard that he does CPL classes, basic pistol and carbine classes, defensive pistol and carbine classes, and low light classes. I asked if I could bring the homemade targets out to see how they worked and he had no problem with it. For my test sample I didn't spend a lot of time on them just taped the fronts and backs of the construction paper and painted over the front. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but they worked decent enough. Not as good as the store bought ones but you can definitely see the round hits on them. We started from 50 yards and worked our way in moving and shooting with the rifles I could start clearly seeing my hits around the 35 yds marker. Transitions to pistols started at 25yds and it was definitely very easy to pick out hits at that range.

I think I will take the time and do some nice ones for myself. Maybe do a white coat of paint let it dry lay down a 5 ring stencil and paint black let it dry pull the stencil off should be able to see the rings from 50 yards.
    awesome bro glad it worked, i have found the neon yellow poster board at dollar store (2 for 1$ here) work best for visual. Pinks, blues etc get hard to see at distance

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    awesome bro glad it worked, i have found the neon yellow poster board at dollar store (2 for 1$ here) work best for visual. Pinks, blues etc get hard to see at distance

I just bought the variety pack of construction paper. Took all the neon, orange, yellow, and pink to make the targets with. Picked up the 250 count variety pack for $3 from Wally world
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just bought the variety pack of construction paper. Took all the neon, orange, yellow, and pink to make the targets with. Picked up the 250 count variety pack for $3 from Wally world
    That's the pack I get. Glad they worked for you the other day. Not quite as good as the real deal but waaaaaaayyyy cheaper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    That's the pack I get. Glad they worked for you the other day. Not quite as good as the real deal but waaaaaaayyyy cheaper
    Ohhhh I meant the HUGE poster board size. Ok ya packing tape would work better.

The ones I'm using/referring to are like 2.5'x2.5'. Dang I need to try y'alls