Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Celebrate John Noveske

Today's the 2nd anniversary of the passing of John Noveske. Here's a tribute video for those who were a fan of John.

http://youtu.be/YyvGQkTPzpM

And here is the tribute that Knights Armament made for him.

DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rest In Peace John. I hope his family is happy and healthy. I'm glad to see Noveske as a company getting back to their roots making quality products for fellow shooters.

It's funny because back in 09'-10 when I REALLY started getting serious about ARs… Noveske was like the pinnacle to me and most other enthusiasts, the hottest girl at the bar if you will, the one you dreamed about but knew you'd never have. :)

He deffiently left his mark on a lot of lives, and I wish his company nothing but the utmost success

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Today's the 2nd anniversary of the passing of John Noveske. Here's a tribute video for those who were a fan of John.

http://youtu.be/YyvGQkTPzpM

And here is the tribute that Knights Armament made for him.

If you see it in person, it's pretty impressive KAC did that for him.

RIP John. Sorry I didn't visit the Shop before you passed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That tribute has been my screen saver at work for almost 2 years. Them 2 SR-25's welded to together are a work of art, Trey did an incredible job coming up with the concept.

John Noveske from what I've read was one cool dude.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rest in Peace old Friend...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Serious question to guys in the know, with the key people at Noveske having moved on (V7, Era etc..) is Noveske on the decline? Like i said previously, they were THE pinnacle, now just kinda overpriced "me too'rs"… thoughts?

(PS. No way am I disrespecting John, his company, or legacy, just a concerned Noveske lover)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Serious question to guys in the know, with the key people at Noveske having moved on (V7, Era etc..) is Noveske on the decline? Like i said previously, they were THE pinnacle, now just kinda overpriced "me too'rs"… thoughts?

(PS. No way am I disrespecting John, his company, or legacy, just a concerned Noveske lover)
    The transition for Noveske from John to another is a difficult one, you just can't replace someone like John. But after sometime and the right leadership they'll be ok. Would be nice to see them one day have his kids running Noveske, and to see them have the industry by the balls.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^ Couldn't agree more. I know they just expanded. And they can't hardly keep lowers and barrels in stock... But not the industry leaders like they were..

No doubt they will revive the name, just starting discussion

Downloads
    Uploads
    wow is bin two years all ready
    RIP John
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    By all accounts, John was one hell of a great guy. I wish i'd had the honor of knowing him personally. RIP, John.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post

When you lose the founder/innovator, that's a tough loss. Coupled with the fact most of the main cogs in the company have left, there's going to be a transition period, possibly a rough one.

I also wonder, in this market, with virtually everyone having too much inventory, blow out sales, Noveske hasn't been doing either. You could make speculations either way on why that is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    EDIT:

This is a tribute and Celebration of one of the great men in our industry and the company he built up out of his father's garage. He's a legend, an inspiration and a damn good man. Yes there have been problems since his passing, but to critize his company on the eve of his passing was in poor taste. So i respectfully deleted it, and instead post this.

Last edited by DutyUse; 5 January 2015 at 03:01. Reason: Bc i'm a dumb ass..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I also wonder, in this market, with virtually everyone having too much inventory, blow out sales, Noveske hasn't been doing either. You could make speculations either way on why that is.
    I've studied in some business classes where some companies that have adequate funds will hold back when the market is saturated. Supposedly this strategy builds demand for their product. It also lets the other companies to draw the fire and kill themselves off.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I've studied in some business classes where some companies that have adequate funds will hold back when the market is saturated. Supposedly this strategy builds demand for their product. It also lets the other companies to draw the fire and kill themselves off.
    Makes sense...

"Hey we're F'in Noveske. You know you want our product, here's the price. We're not budging. Let the little fish sell their product cheap and flood the market. Ours stays exclusive and maintains desirability. "

I can see that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure is freaking hard enough getting your hands on a lower. Gotta be demand for them.. I literally emailed Noveske and 7-8 of their top retailers.