Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dave the link still worked for me.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok cool, do you know how to embed it in the post. I am trying to figure that out so its not just a link but the player.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately, the embedded coding on this forum has been a pain as of late.

You have to do it using the embed code for the video.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Unfortunately, the embedded coding on this forum has been a pain as of late.

You have to do it using the embed code for the video.
    Thanks, I'll have to watch a video to learn how to do that :-) How did you find the embed code, when I click for that code I get this code that starts with iframe, doesn't look like the code you have.
    Last edited by Dave Timm; 12 January 2015 at 20:07.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a decent option at a relatively low price. But it'll have to be awful good to get me away from Geissele triggers, or even ALG for that matter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Timm View Post
    Thanks, I'll have to watch a video to learn how to do that :-) How did you find the embed code, when I click for that code I get this code that starts with iframe, doesn't look like the code you have.
    Dave here's the format:

[vid=youtube;xxxx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xxxx[/vid]

where you see "vid" make sure you type out "video" I shortened it, so it wouldn't display a video on this post.

xxxx = replace that with the embeded code. For example, your Hiperfire embed code is: K97LVsNeWT4

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Looks like a decent option at a relatively low price. But it'll have to be awful good to get me away from Geissele triggers, or even ALG for that matter.
    It really has been impressing me, it's simple and works. I have several geissele and alg triggers and they are all great products as well. I actually liked the QMS better than the ACT, when comparing to those I like the EDT better. But the QMS is still a grear trigger for $40 or so. I also tried the EDT with my 545 upper, no issues with surplus ammo. The G2S has been a go to as well for working guns, between the two I guess you'd have to ask yourself if you prefer a single or double stage trigger. I didn't really like two stage triggers until I started running Geissele stuff. I still lean towards single stage but appreciate a nice two stage.

Another thing I really like about the EDT and all of hiperfires for that matter is they don't use set screws or adjustments. I've used JP EZ triggers since they came out and really liked them. However I didn't care for using lighter springs to get trigger weights and set screws that can back out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've cut way back on buying new gear, but this my attention and might pry the credit card out of my wallet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW, I'll vouch for Dave's credentials. He's an exceptionally talented instructor as well as gun plumber and 3-gunner. I've shot with him, shot against him, and he's been my primary instructor and general guru for years, carbine, pistol, and shotgun. His natural modesty has led him to leave a lot of his credentials out.

He's arranged courses here locally with Larry Vickers, Louis Awerbuck, and Jeff Gonzales. Larry's coming back this summer as well as Dave Spaulding. He's certainly an asset to our local shooting community and I have no doubt he'll be an asset to this online community as well.
    Last edited by Hmac; 15 January 2015 at 09:47.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dave is that you in the video?

If so, very well done in your presentation and explanation of how the trigger works.

Like Eric mentioned, I've been cutting back myself, but that trigger looks like a winner, especially at that price point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Timm View Post
    It really has been impressing me, it's simple and works. I have several geissele and alg triggers and they are all great products as well. I actually liked the QMS better than the ACT, when comparing to those I like the EDT better. But the QMS is still a grear trigger for $40 or so. I also tried the EDT with my 545 upper, no issues with surplus ammo. The G2S has been a go to as well for working guns, between the two I guess you'd have to ask yourself if you prefer a single or double stage trigger. I didn't really like two stage triggers until I started running Geissele stuff. I still lean towards single stage but appreciate a nice two stage.

Another thing I really like about the EDT and all of hiperfires for that matter is they don't use set screws or adjustments. I've used JP EZ triggers since they came out and really liked them. However I didn't care for using lighter springs to get trigger weights and set screws that can back out.
    For the money, the QMS is tough to beat. And i also prefer it to the ACT. We seem to be on the same page, as the G2S has become my go to trigger, unless i can find a screaming deal on an SSA. One of the things i love about Geissele triggers are their simplicity (no set screws, etc.) and their bomb-proof construction, and the resulting excellent reliability. Although I've come to prefer the two stage triggers, i still like and use good single stage milspec triggers, such as the QMS, in budget builds. The EDT sounds like a winner, and a very well thought out and designed piece. I think i just talked myself into trying one out (with a little help from you, of course).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    FWIW, I'll vouch for Dave's credentials. He's an exceptionally talented instructor as well as gun plumber and 3-gunner. I've shot with him, shot against him, and he's been my primary instructor and general guru for years, carbine, pistol, and shotgun. His natural modesty has led him to leave a lot of his credentials out.

He's arranged courses here locally with Larry Vickers, Louis Awerbuck, and Jeff Gonzales. Larry's coming back this summer as well as Dave Spaulding. He's certainly an asset to our local shooting community and I have no doubt he'll be an asset to this online community as well.
    Thank you Hmac for your feedback, it is sincerely appreciated and I'm humbled by it.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Dave is that you in the video?

If so, very well done in your presentation and explanation of how the trigger works.

Like Eric mentioned, I've been cutting back myself, but that trigger looks like a winner, especially at that price point.
    Thank you, yup that is my ugly mug. I've been told I have a face for radio ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    For the money, the QMS is tough to beat. And i also prefer it to the ACT. We seem to be on the same page, as the G2S has become my go to trigger, unless i can find a screaming deal on an SSA. One of the things i love about Geissele triggers are their simplicity (no set screws, etc.) and their bomb-proof construction, and the resulting excellent reliability. Although I've come to prefer the two stage triggers, i still like and use good single stage milspec triggers, such as the QMS, in budget builds. The EDT sounds like a winner, and a very well thought out and designed piece. I think i just talked myself into trying one out (with a little help from you, of course).
    It does sound like we agree, my first AR 2 stage was a RRA way back when and it was meh, then Geissele hit the market bringing a product that was really needed. I really like both companies, and I think both compliment each other in the difference items they offer. What I really appreciate about both from a duty perspective is no set screws, no Loctite needed and full or extra power springs. I still really like my QMS triggers and for the money by far nicest trigger, bang for the buck. I will be adding more EDT trigger in the future, I also really was impressed by how consistent they perform.

Thanks again everyone!! Glad to be a part of the community

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got to feel the duty version at SHOT on their little simulator rigs. There were two on the table with different color springs, and one felt lighter than the other. Guy behind the table said they were the same, but they definitely didn't feel like it to me.

Otherwise the trigger felt good. Pretty crisp. I'm not a single stage fan, but I wouldn't mind using one if it's reliable in the long term.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com