Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see a forged Mega .308 set happening any lifetime soon.

We keep asking them about laser engraved Mega BCG's, I think they will eventually do that. They have some other projects they're working on to bring to market.

Also, Did Aero say they only like proprietary take down pins? This is the first Iv'e heard of it.
    Ya i would of held out for a mega 308 forged set...did see that spikes is making a dueling penis 308 lower now...lol..

The pin thing is not something im up to par on, i hear you can use other pins, but they dont fit good and are short??..again i am repeating crap i have heard and seen pics of....just heard they had a huge batch of bad pins go out and people showing pics of them and its not isolated, many . many and aero has said they are getting in new , good pins soon, yet they have them on their site right now for sale.........

I had a big reply typed up, but cut it down to G rated, i have a few reserve thoughts on aero, and this is not the thread for it.

Anyways...Back on topic..whos running a aero 308 set? built up recently? What pins ? any problems?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Regarding the takedown and pivot pins, Aero Precision's .308 lower receivers must be a little wider than other DPMS pattern receivers.
    From their lower parts kit description:

"Our custom takedown and pivot pins are made to work with our M5 lower. They will work with DPMS-pattern lowers as well but will stick out further."

I need a new battery for my digital calipers. I'll measure my receiver as soon as I get a new battery.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks they are a smudge wider right there, i have seen the pics, the pins stick in , instead of out so u need to use a punch or bullet to push it/ get it started out..

Also confused on what buffer tube setup to use..99% sure when the time comes i will be using a adjustable stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Thanks they are a smudge wider right there, i have seen the pics, the pins stick in , instead of out so u need to use a punch or bullet to push it/ get it started out..

Also confused on what buffer tube setup to use..99% sure when the time comes i will be using a adjustable stock.
    If you are going with a carbine set up, the actual buffer tube/receiver extension, (whichever you prefer to call it), is the same. The difference is in the spring and buffer itself, which I learned when ordering the parts. This is the set up I put on my buddy's .308 build:

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...3=AR%20xzzx308

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can use a .308 Buffer with an AR15 Extension. Have several of these setup, and they function and cycle just fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mustang,

I would save your pennies and get one of the Rainier Arms 16" or 18" RA308 rifles. They are priced really right for the components you get. I think you would be hard pressed to build an AR-10 patterned rifle for less than $2600. I have done a couple Mega MATEN builds, own a couple SR-25's and owned the 16" RA308, which I only sold to fund one of the SR-25's. I never shot the RA308 past 200 yards, but it was Sub-MOA all day with factory 168gr PPU ammo. I shot better with it than I do my SR-25. I regret the sale and will own another.

CMC Trigger, RA Ultramatch Barrel and Ambi Lower/Upper set...all top-line parts for $1000 less than comparable LMT , POF and LWRC offerings.

Roll in to RA and finger the RA308 compared to the LMT and REPR. It's a no-brainer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75 View Post
    Mustang,

I would save your pennies and get one of the Rainier Arms 16" or 18" RA308 rifles. They are priced really right for the components you get. I think you would be hard pressed to build an AR-10 patterned rifle for less than $2600. I have done a couple Mega MATEN builds, own a couple SR-25's and owned the 16" RA308, which I only sold to fund one of the SR-25's. I never shot the RA308 past 200 yards, but it was Sub-MOA all day with factory 168gr PPU ammo. I shot better with it than I do my SR-25. I regret the sale and will own another.

CMC Trigger, RA Ultramatch Barrel and Ambi Lower/Upper set...all top-line parts for $1000 less than comparable LMT , POF and LWRC offerings.

Roll in to RA and finger the RA308 compared to the LMT and REPR. It's a no-brainer.

haha..thanks bronco...and i think your the beloved manicorn from SGN..if not sorry...lol

Ya i know RA very good,...thanks for the info...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    haha..thanks bronco...and i think your the beloved manicorn from SGN..if not sorry...lol

Ya i know RA very good,...thanks for the info...
    The Manicorn shall stay on SGN...WEVO is too classy for that business LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75 View Post
    The Manicorn shall stay on SGN...WEVO is too classy for that business LOL
    haha...okay agreed...