Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Saw American Sniper

I know there is controversy surrounding Jesse Ventura, a bar fight that may or may not have happened, but there is NO HINT of anything in the movie regarding Ventura; no bar fights, nothing. The only thing said or shown about other SEALs is in regards the love Kyle had for his brothers, like Marc Lee and Ryan Job, and how big of an impact their loss had on him. The movie shows how difficult the job of being a trigger puller (military or LEO) really is; we in the gun-toting business are not mindless killers...each shot will be thought of for years (shots may be taken with no hesitation but in the .00001 seconds it takes to pull the trigger, a thousand thoughts run through their mind). American Sniper really captures the difficulty of the task, And the consequences both legally and emotionally. I personally remember exactly where I was when I fired my first shots at a human and the look on the faces of the nearby people as my 7.62x51 rounds impacted. I remember every single one. I can only imagine what Chris Kyle carried with him.

This movie reveals how big of an idealist Mr Kyle was, how much he loved God, his Country, his family (through military and marriage alike), and his job.

Rest easy, Chris.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I read it wasn't going to include the Ventura part for legal reasons, but does it include the carjacking part at the gas station?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your service and movie review. How many stars would you give this?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    No carjacking at a gas station.

I'd give it 4.5 out of 5 stars. There was a lot of accurate stuff from weapons to equipment but little things were inaccurate for theatrical effect like huge muzzle flashes through suppressors

It addressed his emotional changes from deployment to home very accurately. You're living on a razors edge for months/year, and then one day you're home. No adjustment time. After my first high tempo 13.5 month tour, I was wound so tight and they show some scenes like that...just overreacting to things normal people wouldn't and don't understand why you aren't the same, hey, THEY didn't change, why did you?...my dad was a Vietnam vet so I was lucky in the fact that he did a lot to sort of coach family and friends about triggers and warning signs and don't take things personally etc.

A guy also came to thank him at one point at home for saving his life and not knowing how to take it, since he doesn't do what he does for glory or thanks, he just sorta gets all awkward like "uhh yeah sounds good, cool, thanks"....and that's exactly how I get when people thank me for my service.....awkward and unsure of what to say. Like the comedian Brian Regan "You, too!"

Just an overall very accurate movie from an emotional standpoint. Clint Eastwood and Bradley Cooper did great. I hope Mrs Kyle and
    his father are proud.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Thanks for your service and movie review. How many stars would you give this?
    It was pretty dang good, check you PM's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw it was good a lot better than than I was thinking.
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does the movie also portray his death? My wife and I watched some previews and she asked if he dies, I said yes, but not how you'd ever think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    Does the movie also portray his death? My wife and I watched some previews and she asked if he dies, I said yes, but not how you'd ever think.

It shows the "vet" coming to his house so he could take him shooting to help treat his PSD and them driving away, thats how the movie ends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    It shows the "vet" coming to his house so he could take him shooting to help treat his PSD and them driving away, thats how the movie ends.
    Actually just finished it. Quite sad really but overall is was an awesome movie. The precession scenes at the end really got to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe I can get her to watch it then, she doesn't like movies where the good guy dies. But that's a powerful story, I'd watch it by myself if need be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Best movie I've seen for awhile.. And I'm an insomniac who watches WAY to many movies

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn good movie. All I can say is thank you to those who serve and F you to all these jerk offs calling him a "terrorist" and "murderer" really upsetting when people who live in America side with the enemy and throw the sheep dogs to the wolves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As I said elsewhere, for what it was made for, very good.

Few technical errors, but its good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CoxeyDiesel View Post
    Actually just finished it. Quite sad really but overall is was an awesome movie. The precession scenes at the end really got to me.
    Same here.. The end credits were quite the tear jerker for me.. Great movie...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally got to watch it, loved it. Great movie, better man.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa